SD › California with Kids
Updated: June 8, 2021
The 17 Best Things to do with Kids in California
1. Golden Gate Bridge – San Francisco
Open 7 days a week for pedestrians and cyclists. Opening hours.
2. Cable Car Museum – San Francisco
April 1 to September 30: 10am-6pm. October 1 to March 31: 10am-5pm.
3. California Academy of Sciences – San Francisco
Daily 9:30am–5:00pm. Sunday 11:00am–5:00pm.
4. Exploratorium Museum of Science – San Francisco
Tuesday–Sunday 10–5pm. Thursday evening (18+ only) 6–10pm. Closed Monday (except some holidays).
5. Muir Woods – Marin County
Park open every day at 8am. Closes at different hours depending on time of year.
6. California State Railroad Museum – Sacramento
Open daily, 10am to 5pm.
Open 11am to 11pm in summer. Open weekends for most other months. Full schedule here.
Summer/holidays: 9:30am-6pm. Summer weekends: 9:30am-8pm. Winter: 10am-5pm.
9. Natural History Museum – Los Angeles
Open daily, 9:30am-5:00pm.
10. Disneyland – Anaheim (near L.A.)
Open daily, hours vary by month.
11. Knotts Berry Farm – Buena Park (near L.A.)
Open daily, hours vary by day and month.
12. Page Museum at the La Brea Tar Pits – Los Angeles
Open daily, 9:30-5pm.
13. Petersen Automotive Museum – Los Angeles
Tuesday to Sunday, 10am to 6pm. Closed Monday.
14. California Science Center – Los Angeles
Open daily, 10am-5pm.
15. Legoland California – Carlsbad (near San Diego)
Open daily spring break, summer, and some holiday periods. Hours and schedule here.
16. San Diego Zoo
Open 365 days a year, hours vary by season.
Beach swimming is possible from June to October. The warmest and best beach weather is in August and September.