Electra Palace Hotel is a classically-styled 5-star hotel in Athens’ central and popular Plaka neighborhood.
Featuring a large, elegant lobby and beautifully landscaped courtyard, Electra Palace Hotel is a great choice for a luxury stay in central Athens. Guest rooms are classically furnished, with hand-made carpets and marble-tiled bathrooms; many have balconies and suites feature jacuzzi tubs. Their rooftop garden restaurant has magnificent Acropolis views – as does the fifth-floor outdoor swimming pool. There’s an indoor pool as well, located within the hotel’s full-service spa. A sophisticated lobby bar, on-site fitness center, and excellent and attentive service are the icing on the cake. Great shops and restaurants surround the hotel, and all of Athens’ best cultural and historic attractions are a short walk away.
Electra Palace Hotel – Video
Electra Palace Hotel – Location
Excellent central Athens location in the Plaka neighborhood, midway between the Acropolis and Syntagma Square and metro station. Surrounded by great shops and restaurants.
- Address: Navarchou Nikodimou 18-20
- Nearest Metro: Syntagma (5-minute walk). Metro Line 3 runs from the airport to Athens city center stations, including Syntagma, departing every 30 minutes from 5:30am until about midnight. The trip takes 45 minutes and costs €10 (€24 for groups of 3). The airport metro station is a 5 to 10-minute walk from baggage claim; elevators are available.
- Taxi: Airport taxis to central Athens are charged at a flat rate of €38 through the day and €60 from midnight to 5am.
- Private Transfer: We use and recommend Welcome Pickups car service. Booking through a private car service will cost only a bit more than a taxi – about €40, but can be worth it to avoid the long taxi queue and for the convenience of paying ahead.
Electra Palace Hotel – The Basics
- Ages: All ages are welcome. Cribs and rollaway beds are available on request. Professional babysitting services can be arranged in advance through the concierge.
- Pet Policy: Pets are not allowed at Electra Palace. Service animals are welcome.
- View: Great Acropolis and city views from the rooftop pool and restaurant, and from some guest rooms.
- Parking: Secure underground parking is available on site for €12 per day.
- Phone: +30 21 0337 0000
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: electrahotels.gr
- When to Book: Athens’ best hotels book out far in advance, especially during high season travel. For best availability and rates, book two to three months ahead.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
Electra Palace Hotel – Amenities
- Pool: Two pools. The rooftop outdoor pool has great Acropolis views. The heated indoor pool is located in the hotel spa and is open to children daily until 2pm.
- Spa: On-site spa includes an indoor pool, jacuzzi, sauna, and treatment rooms for a full range of wellness treatments.
- Fitness Center: On-site fitness center is open 8am to 9pm daily, and includes treadmill and elliptical trainers, a multi weight machine, and free weights and benches.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Suites at Electra Palace Hotel have in-bath jacuzzis. The Presidential Suite features a private outdoor swimming pool.
Electra Palace Hotel – Food and Drink
- Restaurant: The 8th-floor Electra Roof Garden restaurant offers contemporary Greek and fusion Mediterranean cuisine with stunning views of the Acropolis. Open daily for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, with indoor and outdoor seating available.
- Lounge/Bar: The clubby and British-inspired Duck Tail Bar, located off the hotel’s lobby, serves drinks and snacks daily from 11am to midnight. The rooftop pool bar offers snacks and drinks in the shadow of the Acropolis from 11am to 7pm.
- Breakfast: A breakfast buffet is complimentary.
- Room Service: 24 hours. Late-night menu available.
Electra Palace Hotel – Rooms
- Room Types: Classic Single • Classic Double • Classic Triple • Superior Double • Junior Suite • Suite • Presidential Suite • List of all rooms
- Smoking Rooms: Electra Palace is a non-smoking hotel. Smoking is allowed in outdoor areas only.
- Wheelchair Accessible Rooms: Yes.
- Best Room: The spacious one-bedroom, 4th-floor Presidential Suite has its own steam room, as well as a large private terrace with a swimming pool and incredible Acropolis views.
Electra Palace Hotel – What’s Nearby?
- Evgenia: Authentic, and non-touristy family-run Greek taverna serving homemade, traditional dishes featuring seasonal ingredients. Also known as Paradosiako Cafeneon. 1-minute walk.
- Avocado: Lovely vegan and vegetarian restaurant focuses on local, seasonal, sustainable, and organic dishes full of rich flavors. 2-minute walk.
- Tazza All Day Bistro & Wine Bar: Flamboyant bistro for Mediterranean-Greek bites, wine, and cocktails – and a breakfast and Sunday brunch. 4-minute walk.
- Psarras Taverna: Traditional taverna and Athens’ most romantic restaurant. Indoor and outdoor seating, reservations recommended for dinner. 4-minute walk.
- Coco’s: The best ice cream in Athens. 4-minute walk.
- Melina Mercouri Café: Excellent Greek meze, traditional dishes, and desserts, and a mini-museum dedicated to Melina Merkouri, the famous Greek actress, singer, politician, and activist. 4-minute walk.
- Geros Tou Moria: The best traditional Greek food in the city. Reservations recommended for late dinner service, when the music and dancing begins. 5-minute walk.
Nearby Bars and Breweries
- Heteroclito: Athens’ best wine bar, highlighting native Greek varietals, with a special emphasis on natural wines. 4-minute walk.
- Brettos: Cozy bar and distillery offering a wide variety of spirits and cocktails, and a Plaka landmark since 1909. 4-minute walk.
- The 7 Jokers: Casual, rock-n-roll bar offering creative cocktails, draft beers, and an excellent liquor selection. 5-minute walk.
- Alexander’s Bar: Classic cocktails and fine spirits bar at the Hotel Grande Bretagne. Forbes calls it the world’s best hotel bar. 8-minute walk
Nearby Market or Grocery
- National Garden: 4-minute walk
- Changing of the Guard at Hellenic Parliament: 7-minute walk
- National Historical Museum: 7-minute walk
- Acropolis Museum: 8-minute walk
- Museum of the City of Athens: 8-minute walk
- Temple of Olympian Zeus: 8-minute walk
- Ancient Agora of Athens: 10-minute walk
- Acropolis and Parthenon: 13-minute walk
- Benaki Museum of Greek Culture: 15-minute walk
Electra Palace – The Hotel
All Athens Hotel Reviews
Athens Travel Guide Best Hotels in Athens Best Hotels in Santorini Best Hotels in Corfu Best Hotels in Crete Best Hotels in Folegandros Best Hotels in Ios Best Hotels in Kefalonia Best Hotels in Kos Best Hotels in Milos Best Hotels in Mykonos Best Hotels in Naxos Best Hotels in Paros Best Hotels in Rhodes Best Hotels in Serifos Best Hotels in Sifnos Best Hotels in Skiathos Best Hotels in Skopelos