- Gatwick Airport Hotels
- Best Hotels in London
- Best Family Hotels in London
- Where to Stay in London
- London Hotel Map
Heathrow Hotels – Tips & Advice
- I’ve had plenty of overnight stays at Heathrow and enjoyed them all. The Sofitel is a delight.
- Hotels at Heathrow Terminal 2 and 3: Hilton Garden Inn Heathrow Terminal 2 and 3 • Aerotel T3 Heathrow
- Hotels at Heathrow Terminal 4: Premier Inn Heathrow Airport Terminal 4 • Holiday Inn Express Heathrow T4 • YOTELAIR Heathrow Airport
- Hotels at Heathrow Terminal 5: Sofitel Heathrow
- Staying near Heathrow Airport gives you easy access to Windsor Castle, Royal Botanic Gardens at Kew, Hampton Court Palace, and Thorpe Park.
- History lovers can visit Runnymede where the Magna Carta was signed, Windsor Great Park and Ham House and Gardens, plus there are several nature parks and golf courses nearby.
- There are several good restaurants close to the airport serving Indian, Mediterranean, and British pub food, plus, there are fast food outlets, cafes, and shops within the terminal buildings. Most hotels also have a restaurant.
- The easiest way to get around the local vicinity is by car; however, Heathrow also offers bus, underground, rail, and taxi services.
- The Paddington Heathrow Express train is the fastest way from Heathrow into central London. Trains leave every 15 minutes and there’s a 15 minute travel time between Paddington Station and the stop at Terminals 2 and 3 (one station servers both terminals). It’s a few more minutes to get to Terminals 4 and 5.
- The Piccadilly line connects Heathrow Airport to central London and the rest of the Tube system. The journey time to Piccadilly Circus is about 50 minutes. There are three tube stations at Heathrow Airport, serving Terminals 2 and 3 (one station), Terminal 4, and Terminal 5. The Piccadilly line also stops at South Kensington, Knightsbridge, Hyde Park Corner, Green Park, Leicester Square, Covent Garden, Holborn, Russell Square, Kings Cross/St Pancras, and many other stations in the Greater London area.
- Rentalcars.com – the best site for hiring rental cars at Heathrow airport.
11 Best Hotels at Heathrow Airport
Hotels on Map: 1. Sofitel London Heathrow • 2. Holiday Inn Express – London Heathrow T4 • 3. Novotel London Heathrow Airport T1 T2 and T3 • 4. Holiday Inn London Heathrow – Bath Road • 5. Hyatt Place Heathrow Airport • 6. Hilton London Heathrow Terminal 4 • 7. Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Terminal 2 and 3 • 8. Premier Inn Heathrow Airport Terminal 4 • 9. YOTELAIR London Heathrow Airport • 10. Aerotel T3 London Heathrow • 11. ibis London Heathrow Airport
1. Sofitel Heathrow – Luxury
• Opulent French-inspired hotel connected to Terminal 5 and the train/metro station via a walkway; free shuttles to other terminals.
• All rooms are soundproof and very well-appointed with mod-cons and blackout curtains.
• Club Rooms and Suites offer free mini-bars with soft/alcoholic drinks and access to a special lounge with free breakfast.
• 2 fine-dining restaurants (1 French and 1 with live counters), 1 tea lounge, and 2 elegant bars/lounges.
• Large, modern, and well-equipped 24/7 fitness center.
• Indulgent spa with a range of treatments and massages, hydrotherapy pool, steam, sauna, and hairdressing salon.
• Front desk, concierge, and room service are available 24 hours.
• Dining options in the terminals, otherwise, the city center is about 20 minutes by train.
2. Holiday Inn Express Heathrow T4 – Moderate
• Conveniently located just 300m (5-minute walk) from T4 via a covered walkway.
• Comfortable rooms with soundproofing, blackout shades, queen beds, USB sockets in the headboard, coffee/tea facilities, free breakfast, and free wi-fi.
• Well-equipped fitness center and business center. 24-hour front-desk and concierge.
• Paid local shuttles and on-site car parking available.
• 2 restaurants (Express Bar & Cafe, Urban Brasserie) and 1 Destination Bar, with all-day dining.
• Several dining options, bars, boutiques, and spas in the terminals, connected via pedestrian underpasses or free shuttle trains.
• Multiple bars and restaurants in the adjoining Crowne Plaza Hotel T4.
30 minutes to central London via the Heathrow Express.
3. Novotel Heathrow Airport T1 T2 and T3 – Luxury
• Modern, comfortable rooms with tea/coffee facilities, blackout shades, and excellent bathrooms; suites feature jacuzzis.
• Superior Rooms, Executive Rooms, and Suites can sleep up to 2 adults and 2 children.
• Nest Restaurant & Bar serves a large local and international menu with kids, vegetarian, and special diet options.
• Few minutes to all the terminals (1-2 miles) by free London Bus services.
• Amenities include a business center with iPads, large and well-equipped fitness center, library, family board games, and paid outdoor parking.
• Reception and room service available 24 hours.
4. Holiday Inn Heathrow – Bath Road – Moderate
• Good hotel about a mile from T2 and connected to all the terminals via the free London Bus services.
• Modern, soundproofed rooms with blackout shades, tea/coffee facilities, mini fridge, and bathrooms with bathtubs; kids suites and connecting rooms available.
• Kids under 12 eat free and under 17 can stay for free in their parents’ rooms.
• Modern Italian restaurant with open kitchen; inviting sports bar and cafe with pool table.
• Paid on-site parking, large and well-equipped fitness center, useful business center, room service, concierge, and front-desk available 24 hours.
• A few dining options in neighborhood hotels, else catch a free bus to any of the airport terminals.
5. Hyatt Place Heathrow Airport – Moderate
• 4-star hotel about a mile from T2 and connected to all the terminals via the free London Bus services.
• Soundproofed rooms feature twin/king beds, tea/coffee facilities, mini-fridges, laptop safes, and ensuite bathrooms with bathtubs.
• 1 restaurant serving an international menu, 1 bar with a good selection of bites and drinks, and 1 24-hour lobby café with a limited menu of snacks and beverages.
• Fully-equipped fitness center, business center, and front-desk are available round the clock.
• Few dining options in nearby hotels; best options are in any of the airport terminals.
6. Hilton Heathrow Terminal 4 – Luxury
• Excellent option just 500m from T4 via a covered walkway.
• Soundproofed rooms with blackout curtains and modern bathrooms; Twin Rooms feature bathtubs and can be combined with King Rooms to form Family Rooms.
• Suites and Executive Rooms have Executive Lounge access with complimentary breakfast, refreshments, and drinks.
• 3 good restaurants (Asian, International, and Mediterranean) and 1 bar.
• Fully-equipped fitness center with steam and sauna rooms, and a beautiful heated indoor pool.
• Front-desk, concierge, and room service are available 24/7.
• T4’s Rail and Tube station are steps away, providing free connectivity to all terminals and a quick ride to the city center.
• Good hotel in T2 and connected to T3 via a pedestrian underpass.
• The spacious rooms have soundproofing, blackout curtains, coffee/tea facilities, and comfortable beds.
• Family Rooms and Suites feature bathtubs and sofa beds that can sleep 2 small kids.
• International restaurant and bar; room service only available from 5pm-9.30pm.
• Small area near reception sells beverages and packed snacks round the clock.
• Small but decent fitness center, business center with free print/fax/copy facilities, and front desk are available 24/7.
• Several restaurants, bars, shops, and spas in the airport terminals.
8. Premier Inn Heathrow Airport Terminal 4 – Moderate
• Good value hotel connected to T4 via a covered walkway (600m).
• Spacious, soundproof rooms with very comfortable beds, blackout shades, electric kettles, and bathtubs in the bathrooms; Family Rooms can sleep 4.
• Thyme Bar & Grill restaurant offers a wide menu of international favorites.
• Excellent all you can eat breakfast where kids under 15 eat free.
• Paid parking, luggage storage, and 24-hour front desk.
• A few dining options in nearby hotels, else walk or catch a free bus to any of the airport terminals.
9. YOTELAIR Heathrow Airport – Budget
• Great budget hotel in T4, just steps from the arrival/departure gates, with modern, aircraft-style first-class cabins and hourly bookings.
• Smartly-designed cabins feature folding workstations, ensuite bathrooms, comfortable beds, and free wi-fi.
• Unique 24/7 Mission Control for check-in/check-out, free amenities like earplugs and alarm clocks, ordering food, and tea/coffee/hot chocolate for a fee.
• 24-hour room service for breakfast and a variety of meals, snacks, ice creams, and drinks.
• Several dining options in T4 and other terminals accessible via free shuttle trains and buses.
10. Aerotel T3 Heathrow – Moderate
• Convenient hotel offering flexible hourly booking options, located in T3 and within walking distance of T2 – great for short layovers.
• Compact rooms are well soundproofed and feature comfortable beds and ensuite bathrooms; Family Rooms can sleep 4.
• Library Lounge offers a selection of food and beverages, comfortable seating, and a library; breakfast can be ordered for a fee.
• 24-hour front desk and free wi-fi.
• Several dining options in T3 and T2, and in the other terminals via free shuttles.
• Pet-friendly good value hotel 2 miles from Terminals 2 and 3, and connected via the free London Bus services.
• Modern, soundproofed rooms with blackout curtains, Illy coffee machines, tea/coffee facilities, and free wi-fi; Family Rooms can sleep up to 4.
• Amenities include a pool table, vending machines for food and drinks, and paid parking with electric car charging.
• 1 restaurant and bar offering an international menu and outdoor seating; early breakfast starts at 4am.
• Front desk and restaurant/bar are available 24/7.