There is a free monorail shuttle between north and south airport terminals. Travel time is 2 minutes.
Gatwick Airport lies 28 miles south of central London and the area has a handful of interesting attractions nearby. You can visit the interesting Gatwick Aviation Museum, play a round of golf, enjoy a day out at the British Wildlife Centre, or explore the historic 13th-century Hever Castle.
If you plan to explore the local area, the best way to do so is via rental car. These can be booked online in advance to guarantee availability. However, if you are traveling into main towns such as Crawley or Croydon, there are local buses and train services.
Hotels near Gatwick are primarily mid-range. Airbnb has a good collection of homes and apartments for short-term rental in the area.
The Gatwick Express is the fastest way into Central London. Trains run every 15 minutes between Gatwick Airport’s South Terminal and London Victoria Station every day from 5 am to 00.30 am. Travel time is 30 minutes and the service is non-stop. From Victoria Station, there are tube connections to the city’s major attractions including Buckingham Palace, Big Ben, Piccadilly Circus, Oxford Street, and Covent Garden.
Service on Thameslink Trains from Gatwick to London Bridge, London Blackfriars, Farringdon, and Kings Cross/St Pancras train station also run four times an hour with a journey time of between 30 and 45 minutes.
• Grand hotel connected to the North Terminal (200m) via a skywalk; a free inter-terminal shuttle connects to the South Terminal and train station.
• Rooms are luxurious and soundproof and feature mod-cons and ensuite bathrooms with bathtubs; connecting rooms are available and Junior Suites can sleep 5.
• Luxury Rooms and Prestige Suites offer 24/7 Club Millesime access with complimentary breakfast in the morning and canapes and drinks in the evening.
• Dining options include 3 great restaurants (European, Asian, and casual bistro) + 2 bars.
• Fitness center, on-site parking, and business center with support staff.
• Front desk, concierge, and room service are available 24 hours.
• Good option connected to the North Terminal (50m) via a skywalk; connected to the South Terminal and train station by a 24-hour free inter-terminal shuttle.
• Comfortable and soundproofed rooms feature tea/coffee facilities and modern bathrooms, and include free breakfast; rooms with sofa beds can sleep 3.
• 1 café and bar with a limited menu; early (cold) breakfast starts at 4am.
• Adequate fitness center, small business center, and 24-hour front desk.
• Several dining options in both the terminals, or take the train to the city center (30 minutes).
• Great budget hotel in the South Terminal, just steps from the departure gates on the third floor.
• Sleek, compact rooms with king beds, smart lighting, complimentary bottled water, fast wi-fi, and powerful rain showers; Family Rooms available.
• Discounted Gatwick Airport Valet parking and 24-hour front desk.
• Hotel guests receive a special booklet with discount vouchers for several restaurants, cafes, and bars in the terminals.
• The city center is less than 30 minutes by train from the station within the terminal.
• Modern, pet-friendly hotel connected to the South Terminal and train station by a skywalk (500m).
• The spacious rooms are soundproof and feature blackout curtains and tea/coffee facilities; Twin Rooms can be connected with King Rooms to form Family Rooms.
• Suites and Executive Room guests can access the Executive Lounge to enjoy complimentary breakfast, refreshments, and drinks.
• 2 restaurants (international a la carte), 2 bars (1 sports bar), and 1 Costa Coffee outlet; breakfast starts at 5.30am (kids under 10 eat free).
• Other amenities include a bright, well-equipped fitness center and a business center.
• Concierge, front desk, and room service are 24 hours.
• Several restaurants and bars in both the terminals, and the city center is less than 30 minutes by train.
• Spacious, soundproof rooms with blackout curtains, tea/coffee facilities, and comfortable beds; some rooms have bathtubs and some rates include breakfast.
• Family Rooms and Junior Suites sleep 4; cribs/play yards for babies (available on request).
• Dining options include a nice restaurant specializing in burgers, a barbecue and picnic area, a small convenience store, and room service.
• Amenities include paid parking, good breakfast choices (chargeable), business center, modern and well-equipped fitness center, and 24-hour front desk.
• Several dining options in both the terminals, otherwise, catch a train to the city center.