Updated: March 20, 2017
Santorini Boutique Hotels – Tips and Recommendations
- Where to Stay on Santorini? Fira, Imerovigli, Oia, and Firostefani are the 4 main towns on Santorini – all have incredible views • Fira has the most shopping, restaurants, and nightlife • Imerovigli is quiet, charming, and has the best sunset and caldera views • Oia is a mix of both: not as busy as Fira but more to do than Imerovigli • Firostefani is a short walk from Fira but far less busy
- Book hotels as early as possible. Many hotels are fully booked 6 to 8 months before summer.
- Best Bars in Santorini: Kira Thira Jaza Bar (Fira) • Tropical Bar (Fira) • Two Brothers (Fira) • Hasapiko (Oia)
- Best Restaurants in Santorini: Naoussa (Fira) • Ouzeri (Fira) • Argo (Fira) • Mezzo (Imerovigli) • Avocado (Imerovigli) • Anogi (Imerovigli) • Karma (Oia) • Roka (Oia) • Metaxy Mas (Exo Gonia)
The 13 Best Boutique Hotels in Santorini
1. Katikies – Oia
2. Andronis Luxury Suites – Oia
Relaxing feel with great views and pool. A bit more central (and it’s busier just out the door) than Katikies. The restaurant here is one of the most romantic on Santorini (but book early – there are only a handful of tables).
3. Aspaki by Art Maisons – Oia
The best caldera view of any Oia hotel – it’s located out on a perch that gives incredible all-around views. This small church sits just above the hotel. Suites have private hot tubs with great views.
4. Esperas – Oia
5. San Antonio and Aenaon Villas
I took this pic on a morning walk from Fira to Oia. The closer hotel is San Antonio and the farther is Aenaon. They’re both wonderful. The one drawback (for some visitors) is there’s nothing much nearby – though there is a bus stop right on the road in front of the hotels. These are two of the best hotels for a quiet secluded visit.
6. Cavo Tagoo – Imerovigli
7. West East Suites – Imerovigli
8. Honeymoon Petra Villa – Imerovigli
9. Sun Rocks – Imerovigli
10. Tsitouras Collection – Firostefani
The friendliest boutique hotel on Santorini. If you want luxury without the attitude this is the place. Not many steps to access this hotel from the road so a good choice if you have trouble with stairs.
11. Belvedere – Firostefani
Get the quieter vibe and better views of Firostefani – but the shops and nightlife of Fira are just a 5 minute walk away (downhill to Fira, uphill coming back). Great pool and wonderful, jaw-dropping views.
12. Cosmopolitan Suites – Fira
The best boutique hotel on Santorini for easy access to clubs and nightlife. The pool is awesome and I’ve been known to down a bottle of wine over the course of an afternoon as I sit at the edge and stare out into the caldera. Highly recommended.
13. Keti – Fira
This is the king suite with private whirlpool and it’s one of the best deals on the island. Awesome for those who want privacy (located down at the bottom of the hotel with just one nearby room) but still want to be close to the action of Fira. I’ll admit the free breakfast here sucks but who cares, I still love this place.