- Santorini Hotels with Caldera View
- Santorini Hotels with Sunset View
- Santorini Hotels with Private Pool
- Where to Stay in Santorini
- Maps of Santorini
What is a Santorini Cave Hotel?
Cave hotels are very popular in Santorini (and Oia especially) and are pretty much what they sound like – rooms and suites that are built into the cliffside to form a cave. Many of the best hotels in Santorini are caves hotels in one way or another – though the definition is slippery. The typical cave room is decorated simply and sparsely, but when done right they’re close to magical. Another plus is that they stay cool inside even when it’s very hot outside in July and August. (And for locals they were warm in winter when it was cold outside.) Cave hotels often have a mix of cave suites and regular suites which can make it a little tricky to know what you’re getting.
Six of the best cave hotels on Santorini
All of these hotels are stunningly gorgeous and have incredible caldera views.
• Perivolas Hotel (Oia, +30 22860 71308) • Full Review
• Oia Castle Hotel (Oia, +30 22860 71831) • Full Review
• Charisma Suites (Oia, +30 22860 27310) • Full Review
• Iconic Santorini (Imerovigli, +30 22860 28950) • Full Review
• Tsitouras Collection (Firostefani, +30 22860 23747) • Full Review
• Sophia Luxury Suites (Imerovigli, +30 2286 021181) • Full Review
Santorini cave hotels that are a little cheaper
Santorini Airbnb Cave House & Villas
I’m not a huge fan of Santorini Airbnbs. But if you need a Santorini cave house then Dream Blue (+30 21080 02307) is a privately owned home that sleeps 6, has a fully equipped kitchen, a hot tub, 2 bathrooms, and free wi-fi. It’s 600€ and up a night (depending on season and number of guests) but it’s an amazing house and worth it if you can afford it. The owner also rents a smaller house, My Blue, with traditional Santorini architecture. It sleeps up to 4 and is a little more affordable.