- Oia is one of the most romantic towns in Santorini (along with Imerovigli). It’s filled with great restaurants, boutique shops, and wonderful caldera views. Most hotels are just off the main pedestrian path that connects all the prime areas of Oia. There’s only one bar in Oia but it’s a good one: Mary Kay’s near the central square.
- Where To Stay in Oia: If budget allows, stay at a hotel with a caldera view.
- Best Luxury Hotels in Oia: Katikies • Canaves Oia Suites
- Best Honeymoon Hotel in Oia: Art Maisons Oia Castle (romantic, stunning, wonderful)
- Best Villa in Oia: Oia Mansion (historic building with tons of charm and wonderful sunset views, great for groups)
- Best Cheap Hotel in Oia: Villa Agnadi (outside of Oia but sill walking distance)
- Best Cheap Hotel with Caldera View: Rimida Villas
See Also: The Best Hotels in Santorini
Oia sits at the northwest tip of Santorini – about a 20 minute drive from Fira and 25 minutes from the airport. The town is known for its fantastic sunset views, great restaurants, and high-end shopping. There’s not much nightlife in Oia but there is one bar and several places to get evening drinks.
Where To Stay in Oia
Most luxury hotels in Oia look south into the caldera and have great views of the volcano and Santorini cliffs. But these hotels do not have sunset views. Only the hotels on the western end of the town can see the sun set into the water. These hotels have partial caldera views.
The Best Hotels in Oia, Santorini
The best hotel in Oia is Katikies. It has 3 incredible infinity pools, wonderful service, beautiful suites, and a fun trendy vibe. Every room has amazing caldera views. Good restaurants are within a 5 minute walk of the hotel.
- Canaves Oia Suites – An intimate luxury hotel with few peers on the island. The view is absolutely stunning – perhaps the best hotel view on Santorini. Nice pool and deck with views of the caldera. The Canaves Oia Hotel is around the corner, slightly smaller, and quieter – but still wonderful. (Hotel phone: +30 2286 071453)
- Katikies Hotel – Similar quality to Canaves with 5 star everything. Incredible swimming pools, fantastic service, surreal architecture. All suites have their own plunge pool (honeymoon suite has a jacuzzi too). This is one of the best hotels in Greece. (Hotel phone: +30 22860 71401)
- Perivolas Hotel – Serene, private residence vibe, unique hotel (no tvs/dvds) with 20 tastefully decorated houses in 300-year old restored caves with alcoves & verandahs. Deluxe suites have terraces with outdoor jacuzzis/infinity pools and the top end ‘Perivolas’ suite has a steam bath, huge indoor hot tub and a heated cave pool that stretches out to the terrace. Hotel has a splendid infinity pool and a restaurant in a converted wine cellar. (Hotel Phone: +30 22860 71308)
- Mystique – An incredibly special and unique hotel. Wonderful cave suites, each with a private patio. Infinity pool with gorgeous views of the caldera. Great breakfasts served overlooking the cliff edge. (Hotel phone: +30 2286 071114)
- Oia Castle Hotel – Luxurious boutique hotel. Wonderful views and private jacuzzis. Aqua suite has a small private indoor pool as well. One of the few hotels in Oia with sunset views. (Hotel phone: +30 22860 71831)
- Ikies – Traditional Houses – Great choice if you want a quiet hotel away from the crowds. Small plunge pool and private jacuzzis. Beautiful 15 minute walk into Oia along a foot path. Staff are wonderful. (Hotel phone: +30 22 860 71 311)
Video of Oia Hotels
Oia Hotels Shown (in order):
Strogili Traditional Houses
Alexander’s Boutique Hotel
Canaves Oia Hotel
Canaves Oia Suites
La Perla Villas
Atrina Traditional Houses
Filotera Villa Suites
Alta Mare Hotel
Andronis Boutique Hotel
Andronis Luxury Suites
Aegeas Traditional Houses
Oia Castle Hotel
Marizan Caves and Villas
More Great Oia Hotels
Minimalistic, 20 unit (studios, houses & suites) hotel with a carved-out rock pool. Bright, unassuming, smallish with private terraces/verandahs, mini bars & coffee/tea facilities. Upgraded suites have outdoor jacuzzis. Units 121, 114 offer the most privacy & 115 has excellent sunset views. Hotel Phone: +30 22860 71501.
Marizan Caves & Villas
Family-run, cave-style spacious rooms, with fridges, sofa beds (some) & balconies. No 24-hour reception and no on-site pool (there’s a public pool next door). Upgraded cave houses have big balconies and outdoor jacuzzis. Hotel Phone: +30 22860 72061.
Charming hotel with cavern-style suites with high ceilings, ipod docks, mini bars, bathtubs (some), and balconies; upgrades have private cave plunge pools, infinity pools, or outdoor jacuzzis. Hotel gives out cell phones on loan for local use. Hotel Phone: +30 22860 27310.
Beautifully decorated, well-laid out, cave-style suites with sofa beds, wooden furniture, bathtubs/jacuzzi tubs, tea/coffee facilities and private/semi-private terraces. Top-end suites have indoor or outdoor whirlpools & sundecks (some). Laptops provided on request. Hotel Phone: +30 22860 71008.
Great value, roomy, apartments (for up to 6 people, some split-level), studios and private villas with fully equipped kitchens, loaner laptops, verandahs. Hotel Phone: +30 22860 71466.
Aqua & Terra Traditional Cave Houses
Cozy, simple, cave-house style units (up to 5 people) with kitchenettes, sofa beds and verandahs with beautiful views. Hotel Phone: +30 2286 071893.
Andronis Luxury Suites
Wide range of elegant suites and villas with outdoor/indoor jacuzzis, walk-in closets, indoor cave plunge pools, outdoor cave pools and heated infinity pools. The top end ‘White House’ sports an infinity pool, outdoors hot tub, own waterfall and garden (with dining & butler service options). Hotel Phone: +30 2286 072041-43.
Andronis Boutique Hotel
Adults-only, seasonal boutique hotel, with multi-level suites, rooms and villas with balconies with jacuzzis and terraces with plunge or infinity pools. The ‘Signature’ suites add private porches with hot tubs and infinity plunge pools. Hotel Phone: +30 22860 72182.
Alta Mare by Andronis
Romantic, adults-only chic suites with jacuzzis on balconies. Top of the line ‘Retreat’ suites have big outdoor patios with a hot tubs. Also possible to make use of facilities at hotel’s sister properties (transfer arranged). Hotel Phone: +30 22860 72041-43.
Santorini Secret Suites & Spa
Eighteen trendy suites and one villa, having spacious verandas with outdoor hot tubs, outdoor pools and outdoor infinity pools. The ‘Honeymoon’ Suite has a round bed, fitness area and a lovely steam bath with music and chromo-therapy. The villa has a fully equipped kitchenette. Hotel Phone: +30 22860 27337.
Four, ultra-chic types of cave suites with mini hi-fi, mini bars, mini fridges (organic products), ipod docking stations and verandahs with heated jacuzzis. The top end suite adds a heated pool. Hotel Phone: +30 22860 71110.
Rooms and suites with mini bars, private balconies and outdoor jacuzzis. Studios and cave suites add small, fully equipped kitchenettes. The cave suite also has a bathtub with a sauna. Hotel has free private parking. Hotel Phone: +30 22860 71600.
Atrina Canava 1894
Set in former wine caves, this property has fresh-looking suites and villas with kitchenettes, mini-bars, bathtubs and terraces with deck chairs. Outdoor jacuzzis are found in the top end suites and villas. Hotel Phone: +30 22860 71807.
One, traditional, restored, character-filled, historic residence (villa) for up to 12 people, spread out across 3 sections, with cave-style rooms, multiple bedrooms, kitchens, bathtubs, an outdoor private pool and jacuzzi. Hotel Phone: +30 22860 71927.
La Perla Villas
Snazzy, cozy suites and villas with Dolce Gusto coffee machines, kitchenettes, massage showers, Bluetooth speakers, mini bars and patios with private plunge pools/hot tubs. Free parking available at a nearby location. Hotel Phone: +30 22860 71510.
Spacious, reasonably priced property with studios, rooms and apartments with kitchenettes, loft bedrooms and verandahs with sea views. The ‘Deluxe’ type has and outdoor jacuzzi on the verandah. Has a pool and pool bar. Hotel Phone: +30 2286 071604.
Alexander’s Boutique Hotel
Lovely, cave villas, houses & suites with fully equipped kitchens, docking stations, jacuzzi bathtubs, a shared outdoor jacuzzi spa pool, antique furniture and private terraces. Top end units have home cinemas, steam rooms and private outdoor jacuzzi spa pools. Hotel Phone: +30 22860 71818.
Immaculate, good value, 5 traditional cave houses and 1 modern villa property with small rooms, Espresso machines, fridges and outdoor hot tubs. Near the top of the cliff, so not as many steps to climb. Lacks a pool. Hotel Phone: +30 22860 71100.
Spotless, traditional-style studios and apartments with kitchens, coffee machines, laptops (on request), verandahs and a hearty complimentary breakfast. Has a pool with a sun terrace. Hotel Phone: +30 22860 71125.
Quaint, great value suites (only 5) with wooden furniture, mini bars, kitchens, outdoor heated jacuzzis, balconies (except for Junior suites) & great breakfasts. Top end suites have terraces with panoramic views. Hotel Phone:+30 22860 72276.
Two-pool complex with terraces and unassuming, comfortable studios, apartments and traditional cave houses with tiled floors, kitchenettes (cooking hobs) and balconies/patios. Cave houses are bigger and ideal for families. Hotel Phone: +30 22860 71495.
Traditional cave house complex with fully equipped kitchens, small bedrooms, outdoor hydromassage tubs, cave jacuzzis and verandahs. Serves daily breakfast at each villa’s private verandah. Accepts kids above 16 only. Hotel Phone: +30 22860 71192.
Kirini Suites & Spa
Luxe (ipod & docking stations, Nespresso coffee machines), bright suites, with bathtubs (some) and verandahs. Upgrades have open air jetted tubs, indoor jacuzzis, dressing rooms and open air plunge pools. Hotel Phone: +30 22860 71214.
270 Oias View
Modern, 4 villa, 3 cave house property with Ikea-style interiors fused with traditional elements, spacious kitchens (big size fridges), private pools and landscaped gardens. Cave house VII has a fabulous carved out pool. Hotel Phone: +30 22860 72246.
Simple, clean, budget units (6 studios & 2 apartments) in a restored captain’s house, with kitchenettes and patios. Family-run and owner has a reputation for his temperament. Hotel Phone: +30 22860 71459.
Pleasant, affordable 15 room and studio property and 2 private villas. Good hotel for families. Kitchens with ovens, outdoor heated jacuzzis and spacious verandahs. Nice restaurant that serves good food. Hotel Phone: +30 22860 71410.
Finikia Memories Hotel
Comfortable rooms and suites with mini fridges, sofa beds (in suites) and private balconies. Erratic wifi. Has a large pool with a sun terrace and an outdoor jacuzzi. Hotel Phone: +30 22860 71 373.
Affordable hotel with functional studios and apartments that are dated but clean and well maintained. Kitchenettes, coffee/tea facilities, and balconies/terraces. Nice pool, good hotel for families. Hotel Phone: +30 22860 71647.