Ouzeri is located in the heart of Fira, just off the main walkway and beside the Fabrica shopping center, delighting palates since 2003. Ouzeris are popular amongst Greek people and very much a part of their culture. It’s a type of Greek tavern that traditionally serves ouzo (a Greek anise flavored liquor) and mezes only, which are small dishes meant to be shared. There’s a relaxed and casual environment with views of the Aegean Sea. Plenty of outdoor seating, no indoor seating, but plexiglass windows can be closed to create an indoor space. The big bright sign makes it look questionable, but the food is great and moderately priced. Chef and owner, Georgios Stakias, has been classically trained at Cordon Bleu School in Paris and introduces French techniques into his cooking while maintaining the Greek traditions and flavors of classic dishes. The menu consists mainly of traditional Greek dishes with a modern twist. Seafood, meat, pasta, and vegetarian options are available. Inform your server if you have any allergies and accommodations can be made. George, the Ouzeri’s friendly and hospitable server, will enthusiastically help you decide on something to eat if you don’t know what to have. He has been working at the Ouzeri since 2011 and knows the menu well. Some delicious dishes to try are: Dakos Salad with feta cheese, tomatoes, capers over a barley rusk and generously drizzled with olive oil; Sautéed Greek Endives with tomatoes, feta cheese and garlic served over pita bread and drizzled with olive oil; Baked White Eggplant (a Sanotrini special and found only in the summer) with tomatoes, kasseri cheese (a blend of sheep’s and goat’s milk) and topped with roasted walnuts; fresh Mussels Ouzeri with white wine and garlic sauce; Baked Feta Cheese rolled in crushed pistachios and topped with a homemade beet marmalade and homemade chocolate lava cake served with homemade vanilla ice cream and topped with a dusting of cinnamon. Reservations recommended for dinner, not usually for lunch.
Ouzeri Restaurant Santorini – Video
Ouzeri Hours and Information
- Season: Open end of March to beginning of November
- Hours: Open daily 12pm to 11pm. Reservations recommended for dinner
- Website: toouzerisantorini.com
- Location: Thera 847 00
- Telephone: + +30-22-86-021566
- View: Excellent.
- Parking: Limited free and paid parking available within 5-10 minutes walk.
- Bus: About a 5 minute walk from the main bus terminal in Fira.
- Best Restaurants in Santorini
- Best Hotels in Santorini
- Best Cheap Hotels in Santorini
- Best Hotel Infinity Pools in Santorini
- Best Villas in Santorini
- Best Things to Do in Santorini
- Best Wine Tours in Santorini
- Best Boat Tours in Santorini
- Best Beaches in Santorini
- Where to Stay in Santorini
- Santorini Holidays
- Maps of Santorini
- Videos of Santorini