by Santorini Dave • Updated: March 3, 2019
See Also: The Best Hotels in Bali
Bali Niksoma Boutique Beach Resort – Compact and pleasant; resort-style facilities without resort-style crowds.
The Niksoma faces a serene stretch of beach, far from any traffic, and is within strolling distance of the neighboring regions of Seminyak and Kuta. Though undersized compared to its neighbors, this resort features a pleasing beige and maroon design, and gardens adorned with lounge chairs and gazebos. Deluxe Rooms are in small three-level blocks, facing the gardens and inviting split-level pool. All accommodation is very stylish: an elongated desk, L-shaped sofa, and Asian (but not necessarily Balinese) art. The more spacious and secluded suites are minimalist – in a good way – and feature tasteful, modern décor, including a 4-poster bed and marble bathroom.
Bali Niksoma Boutique Beach Resort – The Location
- Address: Situated on the Kuta/Legian/Seminyak stretch of coast, the most popular tourist region in Bali. The main entrance is along Jalan Padma Utara, a dead-end street that provides access to Legian Beach, but most guests will use the entrance that faces the beach.
- Area: Overlooks the sea and the quiet pedestrian path between the hotel and beach. A little more isolated from facilities than some resorts because there are fewer shortcuts to the main road, Jalan Legian.
- How to Get There: The only way to/from the airport is by metered taxi or chartered car with a driver. This takes about 27 minutes, depending on traffic.
- Handy to: All the facilities in Legian, Kuta, and Seminyak.
Bali Niksoma Boutique Beach Resort – The Basics
- Guests: Mostly caters to couples of all ages. Management has little interest in attracting families because they can’t compete with neighboring mega-resorts’ extensive facilities.
- Beach: Only 50m across a quiet beachside path, the wide, white-sand beach offers plenty of shade and drink stalls. Be wary of the waves and swim only between the flags.
- Views: No rooms have sea views despite the resort’s proximity to the beach. They all face the gardens and/or pool.
- Kitchens: The Presidential Villas feature kitchens.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: The Presidential Villas have private pools.
- Extras: Afternoon tea.
- Wi-Fi: Free throughout the resort for all guests.
- Parking: Some free and secure parking spots, but think long and hard before driving anywhere in Bali.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: (0)361 751 946
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: baliniksoma.com
Bali Niksoma Boutique Beach Resort – Amenities
- Pool: A divine split-level pool faces the ocean along the beachside path, with a shallow section for younger swimmers.
- Spa: The Visala Spa features specialized products (such as Tropical Fruity Salt Mousse) and a highly-trained staff.
- Fitness Center: Spacious and well-equipped.
- Activities: Yoga classes.
- Other Facilities: Boutique. Art gallery.
Bali Niksoma Boutique Beach Resort – Food and Drink
- Restaurant & Bar: The Hitana Restaurant is breezy and offers broad sea views from the upstairs terrace. Open all day serving an innovative menu.
- Breakfast: Often included, but this depends on the room and method of booking.
- Room Service: Available during restaurant hours from 7 am to 9 pm.
Bali Niksoma Boutique Beach Resort – Rooms
- Room Types: Superior Rooms • Deluxe Rooms • Junior Suites • Suites • Presidential Villas
- Smoking Rooms: No smoking allowed in the rooms or public areas, but permitted elsewhere.
- Best Room: Presidential Villas are secluded within a separate area. Private pool, 2 bedrooms, and spacious living/dining/kitchen area with a beautiful décor.
- For Families: Some rooms have connecting doors; suites can fit in 1 to possibly 2 extra single beds. Best are the 2-bedroom Presidential Villas, with separate living/dining/kitchen area and private pool.
Bali Niksoma Boutique Beach Resort – Local Transport
- Walking & Cycling: Walkable to everything that Legian has to offer, with the added bonus of being within walking (and cycling) distance of Kuta and Seminyak. Lack of access roads and shortcuts, however, affects accessibility to some places away from the beach. Cycling on the path alongside Legian Beach is great fun. Ask the hotel about bike rentals.
- Public Transport: In lieu of any public transport, the Kura-Kura Bus company links Kuta with Ubud and the rest of southern Bali but schedules are convoluted and routes confusing.
- Cars, Motorbikes, & Taxis: To go anywhere within southern Bali, hire metered taxis which are abundant, cheap, and comfortable. For longer distances, organize a chartered car with driver (for a negotiable fare). Drivers hang about street corners but it’s best to organize this through the hotel. Driving a car is not recommended anywhere in Bali and renting one in Legian is madness. Motorbikes are easy to rent and useful for getting around the backstreets of Kuta/Legian/Seminyak, but not so elsewhere in southern Bali.
- Shuttle Bus: To reach another town outside of southern Bali, e.g. Ubud, buy a ticket at a travel agency for a shuttle bus. The main operator, Perama, provides services all over Bali from its office on Jalan Legian street in Kuta, about 3km from the hotel. (17-minute drive).
Bali Niksoma Boutique Beach Resort – What’s Nearby?
Restaurants & Bars
Lack of access roads and lanes away from the beach limits nearby choices. These places are south via the pleasant beachside path.
- Mozzarella By The Sea – One in a chain of classy Italian cafés with a Mediterranean flair and fine sea views. About 60m away, on the corner of the access road and beachside path. 1-minute walk.
- Melasti Restaurant – In the resort of the same name, featuring live music, happy hours, and inviting lounges at street-level. Popular for hearty serves at pleasing prices. About 130m. 2-minute walk.
- Padma Legian – This resort, some 600m away, offers many options, including The Deli (serene setting for coffee and pastries) and the swanky S.K.A.I. Beach Club (pool and elevated setting). 8-minute walk.
- Legian Beach Hotel – Lais Restaurant for tasty Indonesian at night and Gino’s Pasta & Pizza Corner for delicious Italian during the day. About 200m past the Padma Legian. 9-minute walk.
- The main shopping street is Jalan Legian, about 600m (8-minute walk) from the hotel – ask the reception about a shortcut. A more congregated and varied selection of places to eat, drink, and shop in comfort is at the world-class Beachwalk Shopping Center. On the beachside road in Kuta, about 1.7km south (further by taxi). 21-minute walk or 27-minute drive.