Ios Hotels – Best Places to Stay
- Ios does not have the luxury hotels that Santorini or Mykonos have. But there are still some very nice places to stay here.
- Where to Stay in Ios? Most visitors stay near the port (handy for the ferry but an uphill walk to the main town and a bus ride to the beach), the Chora (great for nightlife and restaurants, bus to beach), or Mylopotas Beach (one of the best beaches in Greece with a handful of good restaurants).
- Best Hotel near the Ios ferry port: Yialos Ios Hotel – A 2-minute walk to the ferry port and 15 minute walk (uphill) to the restaurants and nightlife of the Chora.
- Best Cheap Hotels in Ios: Avra Pension (close to ferry) • Sunrise Hotel (in the Chora, close to nightlife)
- Ios has incredible beaches. Mylopotas and Manganari are the two best.
- Ios is known for its nightlife (and it’s great) but if you want to avoid the parties and just have a relaxing visit that’s easy to do too.
- If you visit Santorini but then feel you’ve missed out on the idyllic Greek beaches you’ve been dreaming about then a visit to Ios is a great choice. The 2 islands complement each other perfectly and are only 50 minutes apart by Greek ferry.
- Ios has great local food and restaurants. Some of the best places I’ve eaten at on the Greek islands have been in Ios.
- The 2 best restaurants on Ios are Ammos (Chora) and Salt (Mylopotas Beach). The best nightclub in Ios is Traffic (Chora) – it starts getting busy at 11pm.
The Best Hotels on Ios
A private luxury resort with spacious suites cascading down the surrounding hillside, great for both romantic stays and families. The hotel has perhaps the largest pool of any hotel in the Cyclades, surrounded by sunken tables and a terrific bar and restaurant. A gorgeous, exclusive beach featuring giant platform sun beds is the highlight.
The Best Hotel on Mylopotas Beach
Ios Palace – Mylopotas Beach
This is a great hotel set directly on Mylopotas Beach, one of Greece’s best beaches. The hotel has 3 pools, a very good restaurant, and pool bar that overlooks the beach. The main town on Ios (The Chora) is a short 5 minute bus ride or a steep 20 minute walk – and there you’ll find a beautiful traditional Greek village, with some great restaurants, and a very active nightlife. Hotel phone: + 30 22860 92000
Best Hotels near Chora
Very nice family-run hotel close to both the ferry port and the restaurants and nightlife of Chora. Triple and quadruple rooms are good for families. There’s a good beach nearby. It’s a 15-minute walk (or short bus ride) to the heart of Chora.
Agalia Luxury Suites – Chora
A luxurious hotel in a semi-secluded area. The port is 1 mile away and the Chora about 2.5 miles. Two very good (and quiet) beaches are within walking distance. 4 of the 14 suites have private pools. The two and three-bedroom villas are awesome for families and small groups.
Two More Good Hotels
If the above are sold out then these are both good choices.
Liostasi Hotel & Spa – Chora
Great hotel within an easy walk of the Chora’s nightlife and restaurants. Buses run regularly to Mylopotas beach. Rooms are simply decorated but large and relaxing.
Levantes Boutique Hotel – Mylopotas Beach
A very nice hotel with an elegant pool and great views from its perch on the hill. The only caveat here is that’s it’s a steep walk down to Mylopotas Beach or into the Chora (less steep but longer). If you stay here you’ll probably be taking the bus a fair bit.