• Affiliate Disclosure: Booking.com is my favorite website for booking hotels (and yes, it’s the site I always use when reserving a room). It’s safe, easy to use, and consistently has great rates. All hotel links on my site are affiliate links meaning I earn a small fee when you book a hotel. (There is never any extra cost to you for using these links). I use some of these earnings for my monthly donation to the wonderful non-profit GiveDirectly. Read more about my charitable giving here.
Ios Hotels – Tips and Recommendations
- Ios does not have the luxury hotels that Santorini or Mykonos have. But there are still some very nice places to stay here.
- Where To Stay in Ios? Most visitors stay near the port (handy for the ferry but an uphill walk to the main town and a bus ride to the beach), the Chora (great for nightlife and restaurants, bus to beach), or Mylopotas Beach (one of the best beaches in Greece with a handful of good restaurants).
- Ios has incredible beaches. Mylopotas and Manganari are the two best.
- Ios is known for its nightlife (and it’s great) but if you want to avoid the parties and just have a relaxing visit that’s easy to do too.
- If you visit Santorini but then feel you’ve missed out on the idyllic Greek beaches you’ve been dreaming about then a visit to Ios is a great choice. The 2 islands complement each other perfectly and are only 50 minutes apart by ferry.
- Ios has great local food and restaurants. Some of the best places I’ve eaten at on the Greek islands have been in Ios.
- The 2 best restaurants on Ios are Ammos (Chora) and Salt (Mylopotas Beach). The best nightclub in Ios is Traffic (Chora) – it starts getting busy about 11pm.
The Best Hotel on Ios
Ios Palace – Mylopotas Beach
This is a great hotel set directly on Myloppotas Beach, one of Greece’s best beaches. The hotel has 3 pools, a very good restaurant, and pool bar that overlooks the beach. The main town on Ios (The Chora) is a short 5 minute bus ride or a steep 20 minute walk – and there you’ll find a beautiful traditional Greek village, with some great restaurants, and a very active nightlife. Hotel phone: + 30 22860 92000
3 More Great Hotels on Ios
If the Ios Palace Hotel is sold out then have a look at these hotels.
Agalia Luxury Suites – Chora
A super luxurious hotel in a semi-secluded area. The port is 1 mile away and the Chora about 2.5 miles. Two very good (and quiet) beaches are within walking distance. 3 of the 14 suites have private pools.
Liostasi Hotel & Spa – Chora
The best hotel within an easy walk of the Chora’s nightlife and restaurants. Buses run regularly to Mylopotas beach. Rooms are simply decorated but large and relaxing.
Levantes Boutique Hotel – Mylopotas Beach
A very nice hotel with an elegant pool and great views from it’s perch on the hill. The only caveat here is that’s it’s a steep walk down to Mylopotas Beach or into the Chora (less steep but longer). If you stay here you’ll probably be taking the bus a fair bit.