Renting a Car at the Athens Airport
- RentalCars.com is the best site for booking rental cars in advance for the Athens Airport.
- It’s quicker and easier to pick up rental cars at the Athens Airport than in the busy and chaotic city center. You can pick up at the airport then drop off in central Athens or at the Piraeus ferry port.
- There are several car rental companies at the Athens airport including Avis, Budget, Europcar, Hertz, Alamo, National, Enterprise, and Sixt. Available cars range from small economy cars to full size SUVs and mini-vans.
- Most of the Best Hotels in Athens will have parking, but mid-range and cheap hotels in Athens typically will not.
- In theory, you can take a rental car on a ferry but it requires written approval from the car rental company and car passage is expensive. It’s much easier to simply rent a different car on each island you travel to.
Athens Airport Car Rental
RentalCars.com – the best way to rent a car at the Athens International Airport. Car pickup is steps from the arrivals terminal. If you’re going to rent a car for Athens and mainland Greece it’s much easier to get the car at the airport than in the city center.
Athens Airport Travel Agencies
The Aktina travel agency is located on the arrivals floor of the Athens International Airport “Eleftherios Venizelos”.
You can book all Greek ferry tickets at the Athens airport including high-speed Hellenic Seaways, SeaJet, and Blue Star Ferries. You can book ferries from island to island as well (not only ferries that originate in Piraeus or Rafina – the two ferry ports near Athens). You can also book flights on Olympic and Aegean airlines to all Greek islands that have an airport: Santorini, Mykonos, Crete, Rhodes, Kos, Naxos, Paros, Milos, Syros, Skiathos, Chios, Lesvos, Samos, Corfu, Kefalonia, and Zakynthos.
The travel agency is open 24 hours a day but I would not be surprised if it had reduced hours during the low season.
The Aktina website is here – and like many Greek websites it is completely useless.
Aktina phone: +30 210 35 30 160
Aktina email: [email protected]
Booking Ferry Tickets in Advance
FerryHopper.com – the best way to book ferry tickets for the Greek islands. But you won’t pickup tickets at the airport. You’ll get them from the ticket kiosks in Piraeus (or Rafina) 30 minutes to an hour before your ferry departure. It might sound a little risky and uncertain but ticket pickup is easy and there’s rarely any problem. Also, some ferries have e-tickets (it will say as you purchase on Ferryhopper) and these do not require you to pickup tickets.