- Best Things to Do in Santorini
- Santorini Boat Tours
- Santorini Photography Tours
- Santorini Winery Tours
- Where to Stay in Santorini
Update: As of April 1, 2022 there are only jet ski tours along the south coast of Santorini. This tour is called the Jet Ski Safari from Perivolos and should be booked as early as possible. For 2022 the port authority of Santorini has not approved jet ski tours to the volcano so the south coast tour is the only one available. It is not quite as awe-inspiring as the volcano tour but it’s still pretty great. (And it’s much cheaper too.)
Santorini Jet Ski Tours
- Jet Ski Tour To The Volcano – the best jet ski safari in Santorini. Absolutely awesome! (Book early, they sell out for many days from June to September.)
- This isn’t one of those obnoxious jet ski tours where you’re buzzing past onlookers and being loud and annoying. Pretty much the opposite. You rarely go close to anywhere with lots of people and there are few others nearby as you’re driving up the coast and into the caldera (except the motorboat that is always with you). You’ll be stopping at quiet beaches and gazing up at incredible scenery that few others get very close to. The boat tours cover a similar area but you don’t get quite as close to cliffs and scenery.
- There are three options: The South Coast Tour (visit the beaches and swimming spots along the south coast). Or the Volcano Tour (south coast tour plus a trip into the caldera with a visit to the volcano and hot spring). Or the Extreme Volcano Tour (the volcano tour plus a trip across the entire caldera with visits to Thirassia and Ammoudi Bay below Oia).
- I recommend the volcano tour for most people – the south coast tour doesn’t have views of the caldera and the extreme volcano tour can feel pretty long unless you’re in decent shape – but it’s incredible if you think you’re good for a few hours on a jet ski (there are plenty of rest and swim breaks for all tours).
- Tours are small. If you book for two or three spots there’s a good chance it’s just your party on the tour.
- A motorboat accompanies the tour the whole way just in case there’s some difficulty or if someone gets tired and needs a break in the boat (then one of the staff will ride the jet ski).
- A photographer is on board the boat and takes tons of pictures. If you want copies you do have to purchase them, but there’s no pressure if you don’t like them.
- Getting There: Buses go directly from Fira to Perivolos, take about 25 or 30 minutes, and cost 1.20€. From the bus stop to the tour location is about a 5-minute walk. (If coming from Oia, Imerovigli, Firostefani, or Kamari you’ll need to switch buses in Fira.) Taxis can take you right to the shop door and cost about 20€ from Fira. If you have a rental car there’s lots of parking along the beach road, steps from the tour location.
- This is one of the most insanely fun things I’ve done in my life. Really awesome. And the views looking up at the caldera cliffs are just utterly stunning.
- Book jet ski tours early if you’re visiting between June and September.
Map of Santorini Jet Ski Tours
Note: For 2022 the South Coast Tour is the only jet ski tour available.
Santorini Jet Ski Tour to the Volcano
- Best Hotels in Santorini
- Best Things to Do on Santorini
- Best Santorini Boat Tours
- Best Restaurants on Santorini
- Santorini Museums and Cultural Sites
- Cheap (And Good) Hotels on Santorini
- Best Hotels in Mykonos
- Best Hotels in Athens
- Best Hotels on Crete
- Best Hotels on Paros
- Best Hotels on Naxos
- Best Hotels on Ios
- Best Hotels in Rome
- Best Hotels in Paris
- Best Hotels in London