Home > Greece > Santorini > Santorini Jet Ski
by Santorini Dave • Updated: May 23, 2019
- Update: There are only a limited number of time slots and these will become fully booked soon. Book early if you’re visiting between June and September.
A Jet Ski Tour through the caldera to the volcano and hot springs is one of the highlights of a Santorini visit.
Santorini Jet Ski Tours
- Jet Ski Tour To The Volcano – the best jet ski tour in Santorini. Absolutley awesome! (Book early, they sell out for many days from June to September.)
- This isn’t one of those obnoxious jet ski tours where you’re buzzing past onlookers and being loud and annoying. Pretty much the opposite. You rarely go close to anywhere with lots of people and there are few others nearby as you’re driving up the coast and into the caldera (except the motor boat that is always with you). You’ll be stopping at quiet beaches and gazing up at incredible scenery that few others get very close to.
- There are three options: The South Coast Tour (visit the beaches and swimming spots along the south coast). Or the Volcano Tour (south coast tour plus a trip into the caldera with a visit to the volcano and hot spring). Or the Extreme Volcano Tour (the volcano tour plus a trip across the entire caldera with visits to Thirassia and Ammoudi Bay below Oia).
- I recommend the volcano tour for most people – the south coast tour doesn’t have views of the caldera and the extreme volcano tour can feel pretty long unless you’re in decent shape – but it’s incredible if you think you’re good for a few hours on a jet ski (there are plenty of rest and swim breaks for all tours).
- Tours are small. If you book for two or three there’s a good chance it’s just your party on the tour.
- A motorboat accompanies the tour the whole way just in case there’s some difficulty or if someone gets tired and needs a break in the boat (then one of the staff will ride the jet ski).
- A photographer is on board the boat and takes tons of pictures. If you want copies you do have to purchase them, but there’s no pressure if you don’t like them.
- Getting There: Buses go directly from Fira to Perivolos, take about 25 or 30 minutes, and cost 1.20€. From the bus stop to the tour location is about a 5 minute walk. (If coming from Oia, Imerovilgi, Firostefani, or Kamari you’ll need to switch buses in Fira.) Taxis can take you right to the shop door and cost about 20€ from Fira. If you have a rental car there’s lots of parking along the beach road, steps from the tour location.
- This is one of the most insanely fun things I’ve done in my life. Really awesome. And the views looking up at the caldera cliffs are just utterly stunning.
Santorini Jet Ski Tour to the Volcano
The jet ski tours depart from Perivolos Beach in Santorini. There’s a direct bus from Fira and lots of nearby parking and restaurants.
I’ve done the tour twice. These are photos from our first tour (when my son was 14).
A boat accompanies the tour and is always nearby should riders need any assistance or a break from jet skiing.
The water is relatively calm as you start the tour (along the south coast of the island). It makes for an easy and relaxed way to get comfortable on the jet ski.
As you enter the caldera the water gets a little rougher (and more fun). But if you want to keep it lowkey you just slow down. There’s no pressure to ride fast.
It’s easy to stop for breaks along the ride and go for a swim or relax. There’s snorkel gear on the boat if you’re inclined.
The guides pay a lot of attention to safety. Riders are instructed to ride in a well-spaced line behind the boat.
There’s a photographer on board the boat taking lots of pictures. (You do need to purchase if you want your own copies.)
The scenery on the entire ride is incredible. Staring up at the huge cliffs is amazing.
You can also share a sea jet if that makes you feel more comfortable. Just book one tour, then let them know in the confirmation email that it will be two people riding on one jet ski. (There might be a small added fee.)
They have lots of jet skis if you’re part of a big group.