Updated: July 22, 2017
- The best tours in Santorini are the boat tours of the volcano. A must!
- All boat tours have great views of the caldera cliffs but can be different from each other in important ways.
- The options include: hike the volcano, swim in the hot springs, visit Thirassia and explore its villages, stop at Red Beach and White Beach to swim and snorkel, eat lunch/dinner on board, and watch the sunset below Oia.
The Best Boat Tours of the Volcano in Santorini
All boat tours below provide meals onboard and have hotel pickup and drop off.
- 5-Hour Sunset Cruise – This one is the simplest (but still awesome) – it’s basically just sailing through the caldera, stopping at a few beaches (outside of the caldera, so this is the only boat tour that leaves the caldera), then the hot springs, with swimming, eating, relaxing, and finally watching the sunset on the boat from below the Oia cliffs (the highlight). So, no volcano hike or Thirassia. This tour has the latest start time (mid-afternoon) so works well if you want to have the morning to do something else.
- 7-Hour Volcano Cruise – This tour is almost the opposite of the 5-hour sunset cruise. You get the volcano hike, hot springs (with swimming), and a visit to Thirassia island – but no beaches or going outside the caldera, and no sunset. It’s also the cheapest tour. It’s still well worth it but you do get what you pay for and this tour does have the most guests.
- 5-Hour Cruise with BBQ Meal and Drinks – The most luxurious boat tour (besides the private tour) with the best food and friendliest smallest group. This is a semi-private boat tour with lots of swimming and snorkeling. Unlimited drinks and free hotel pickup and drop-off.
- Private Catamaran Cruise of Santorini – This is a full-on private boat tour of the caldera. The captain can tailor a route based on your specific interests. Awesome if you can afford it. Price includes 6 guests but can add more for per-person fee. Great food including vegan and vegetarian options.