Updated: February 14, 2018
- My favorite tours in Santorini are the boat tours of the volcano. A must!
- All boat tours have great views of the caldera cliffs but can be different from each other in important ways.
- The options include: hike the volcano; swim in the hot springs (you can always stay on the boat if you wish); visit Thirassia and explore its villages; stop at Red Beach and White Beach to swim and snorkel; eat lunch/dinner on board; and watch the sunset below Oia.
- GetYourGuide.com is the best way to book tours on Santorini.
The Best Boat Tours of the Caldera & Volcano in Santorini
All boat tours below provide meals onboard and have hotel pickup and drop off (which doesn’t sound like a big deal when you’re booking but makes the day so much easier and hassle free when the time arrives).
- Sunset Catamaran Sailing Cruise in Caldera (5 Hours) – Awesome cruise around the volcano, staring up at the cliffs of the caldera. You stop at a few beaches for swimming and snorkeling, then swim in the hot springs near the volcano, eat a huge dinner, and finally see the sunset from the cliffs below Oia. Lots of fun!
- Semi-Private Luxury Catamaran Day Cruise (5 Hours) – The most luxurious boat tour with the best food and smallest group. Staff are super friendly and you can’t go more than 5 minutes without someone asking if you want another beer or glass of wine. But it’s far from a drinking cruise – the emphasis is on swimming, snorkeling, and sunbathing on the top of the catamaran. You’ll visit a few beaches and the hot springs and have plenty of time to explore the sights of the caldera. (I did this boat tour last summer and it was awesome.)
- Volcano Boat Cruise (6 Hours) – Much less expensive and with a larger boat and group of people but still very fun. This tour is almost the opposite of the Sunset Catamaran Cruise. You get the volcano, hot springs (with swimming), and a visit to Thirassia island – but no beaches or going outside the caldera, and no sunset. This is the cheapest boat tour of the caldera.