Private Tours on Santorini: What to Know
- Private day tours and tour guides in Santorini are more expensive than group tours but they’re just about always worth the extra cost. (Even the most expensive tours will still be a small portion of what you paid to get here – yet will likely be the most memorable part of your trip.)
- Book early. It’s easy to reserve last-minute group tours, but there are surprisingly few private tours offered on Santorini and they get booked early for visits from June to September.
- All the tours I’ve listed below are great, but if you only have time for one then do a boat tour of the caldera – the cliffs and the caldera are what makes Santorini so fantastically unique.
The 9 Best Private Tours in Santorini
All these tours include hotel pickup and drop off (which doesn’t sound significant but is super helpful).
Wonderful boat tour of the hot springs and caldera cliffs with swimming and snorkeling. Go pretty much anywhere you want with your private tour guide and captain. If this isn’t the highlight of your trip I’d be surprised. Starts at 10:30am (day cruise) or 3:30pm (sunset cruise). Delicious BBQ meal, unlimited drinks, and hotel pick-up and drop-off are included. If sold out (as often happens) these are also great tours: Private Sunset Cruise • 7-Hour Private Catamaran Cruise • Private Cruise on a Motor Yacht
Such a wonderful experience and a great way to learn about the island and its culture. Easy going and super fun. There are both private and semi-private (max of 8 people) versions available.
Incredible wine tour of Santorini’s best wineries with plenty of tastings, cheese, olives, and snacks. There’s a 10am departure and a 4pm. Both visit a winery with great caldera views. The later tour will include sunset views. Cheaper option: Santorini Sunset Wine Tour
Great tour around the highlights of Santorini – from Akrotiri in the south to Oia at the northern most tip. In between you’ll visit beaches, churches, wineries, and historical sites. Professional guide is top notch.
Phenomenal views of the Santorini caldera, volcano, cliffs, beaches, and nearby islands. Very cool and highly recommended (though obviously expensive).
If you want to get incredible shots of Santorini this is how you do. You’ll see the most spectacular views from all over the island. The tour starts at 3:30pm and last 4 hours (though often goes a little longer). This is as much a sightseeing tour as a photography tour, so if one person is really into photography and the other more interested in sightseeing it still works great.
Explore the fantastic ruins at the ancient village of Akrotiri. The guide is very knowledgeable, friendly, and helpful. (Having a guide is essential for touring Akrotiri.) Then visit 3 different wineries and learn about Santorini wine-making (which is very unique owing to the limited rainfall). Taste 12 wines from Santorini and other parts of Greece. There are early morning and late afternoon start times. If you only want Akrotiri then this private Akrotiri tour is great.
This isn’t truly a private tour but there are only 10 spots on the boat so if you want it to yourself just book all ten. It’s a great boat tour and super fun for all – even if you’re not into fishing. Sail around the Santorini waters on a local fishing boat. Fresh seafood lunch or dinner served on board (eat what you catch and get from the nets). The daytime tour is best for families and serious fishermen. The sunset tour is best for couples.
Not your typical private tour but an incredible experience if you’re looking for something a little more active. My one-word review: Amazing!
- Best Hotels on Santorini
- Maps of Santorini
- Videos of Santorini
- Best Places to Stay on Santorini
- Best Restaurants on Santorini
- Best Tours & Things to Do on Santorini
- Santorini Museums and Cultural Sites
- Best Santorini Wine Tours
- Best Santorini Boat Tours
- Best Beaches on Santorini
- Best Hotels on Mykonos
- Best Beaches on Mykonos