- Best Things to Do in Santorini
- Best Hotels in Santorini
- Where to Stay in Santorini
- Maps of Santorini
Private Tours on Santorini: What to Know
- Private day tours and tour guides in Santorini are more expensive than group tours but they’re just about always worth the extra cost. (Even the most expensive tours will still be a small portion of what you paid to get here – yet will likely be the most memorable part of your trip.)
- Book early. It’s easy to reserve last-minute group tours, but there are surprisingly few private tours offered on Santorini and they get booked early for visits from June to September.
- If you only have time for one then do a boat tour of the caldera – the cliffs and the caldera are what makes Santorini so fantastically unique.
- The Accessible Santorini Private Tour is a guided sightseeing tour. The large private van can accommodate one wheelchair user that can board with a ramp, without having to leave the chair. The vehicle can accept more disabled passengers, as long as they use folding wheelchairs.
The 9 Best Private Tours in Santorini
All these tours include hotel pick-up and drop-off (which doesn’t sound significant but is super helpful).
Excellent guided tour around the highlights of Santorini – from Akrotiri in the south to Oia at the northernmost tip. In between, you’ll visit beaches, churches, wineries, and historical sites. The professional guide is top-notch.
Wonderful boat tour of the hot springs and caldera cliffs with swimming and snorkeling. Go pretty much anywhere you want with your private tour guide and captain. If this isn’t the highlight of your trip I’d be surprised. Starts at 10:30am (day cruise) or 3:30pm (sunset cruise). Delicious BBQ meal and unlimited bear and santorini wine. Hotel pick up and drop off are included. If sold out (as often happens) these are also great tours: Private Sunset Cruise • 7-Hour Private Catamaran Cruise • Private Cruise on a Motor Yacht
Incredible wine tour of Santorini’s best wineries with plenty of tastings, cheese, olives, and snacks. There’s a 10am departure and a 4pm. Both visit a winery with great caldera views. The later tour will include sunset views. Cheaper option: Santorini Sunset Wine Tour
Such a wonderful experience and a great way to learn about the island and its culture. Easy going and super fun. There are both private and semi-private (max of 8 people) versions available.
Phenomenal views of the Santorini caldera, volcano, cliffs, beaches, and nearby islands. Very cool and highly recommended (though obviously expensive).
If you want to get incredible shots of Santorini this is how you do. You’ll see the most spectacular views from all over the island. The tour starts at 3:30pm and last 4 hours (though often goes a little longer). This is as much a sightseeing tour as a photography tour, so if one person is really into photography and the other more interested in sightseeing it still works great.
This isn’t truly a private tour but there are only 10 spots on the boat so if you want it to yourself just book all ten. It’s a great boat tour and super fun for all – even if you’re not into fishing. Sail around the Santorini waters on a local fishing boat. Fresh seafood lunch or dinner served on board (eat what you catch and get from the nets). There are stops to swim and snorkel. The daytime tour is best for families and serious fishermen. The sunset tour is best for couples.
Explore the fantastic archaeological site at the ancient village of Akrotiri. The guide is very knowledgeable, friendly, and helpful. (Having a guide is essential for touring Akrotiri.) After the Akrotiri, visit 3 different wineries and learn about Santorini wine-making (unique due to the limited rainfall). Taste 12 wines from Santorini and other parts of Greece. There are early morning and late afternoon start times. If you only want Akrotiri then the private tour of ancient Akrotiri is excellent.
Not your typical private tour but an incredible experience if you’re looking for something a little more active. My one-word review: Amazing!
- Best Towns & Beaches to Stay in Santorini
- Best Hotels on Santorini
- Maps of Santorini
- Videos of Santorini
- Best Restaurants on Santorini
- Best Tours & Things to Do on Santorini
- Wheelchair Accessible Santorini
- Santorini Museums and Cultural Sites
- Best Santorini Wine Tours
- Best Santorini Boat Tours
- Best Beaches on Santorini
- Best Hotels on Mykonos
- Best Beaches on Mykonos