- UPDATE: Helicopter tour companies are now taking reservations for 2019. First flights are May 1, 2019.
- Helicopter flights between Mykonos and Santorini are magical. Book early.
- Cost of helicopter flights: Not cheap. Prices start at about €600/per person.
- There is no substantial difference between flying from Mykonos to Santorini or Santorini to Mykonos. Though there is something just a little more special about approaching Santorini’s caldera for the first time from the air.
- There are also incredible helicopter tours of Santorini and helicopter tours of Mykonos if you don’t need transportation between Mykonos and Santorini.
Mykonos-Santorini Helicopter Flights and Transfers
A helicopter is the fastest, easiest, and most exciting way to get from Mykonos to Santorini (or Santorini to Mykonos) and offers incredible views of both islands. Touring Santorini or Mykonos by helicopter is a highlight of coming to the Greek islands. If you do a helicopter ride from one island to the other you save yourself a ferry trip and get the incredible helicopter tour. It’s sort of two-for-one. The flight takes about 40 minutes and is on a deluxe twin-engine helicopter (there are differently sized helicopters depending on the size of your group).
Book helicopter transfers in advance as they can sell out from June to September. Helicopter transfers are available in both directions – first select the number of people and then you’ll see two options to book: Mykonos to Santorini or Santorini to Mykonos. (Helicopter prices start at about 600€ per person from Mykonos to Santorini. Not cheap, but if that’s in your budget it’s a great way to save time and hassle as well as have an incredible experience. Flights include hotel pickup.)
Mykonos-Santorini Helicopter Flight