Metaxi Mas is the best restaurant on Santorini. Tucked away from the crowds and off the beaten path, you will be amazed by the stunning views of the ocean and surrounding villages this restaurant offers. Dimitri and his brother Kosta have been delighting customers with their twist on traditional Greek food for over 20 years. All ingredients used are carefully selected giving you the highest quality and consistency every time you dine here. Considering this, it is very affordable for what you get. The menu is mainly fusion Greek food. Plenty of seafood, meat and vegetarian options available. The kadaifi stuffed with cheese and a berry compote is an absolute must! The staff is very friendly and knowledgeable about the food and wine and happy to explain or suggest what to eat or drink. An excellent place for a romantic dinner or a casual one. A dressier sort of place, but not formal by any means. Reservations are a must and better to make days in advance, especially for larger groups. There is almost always a line of people waiting to dine here. We suggest pairing dinner here with cocktails and a movie at the outdoor cinema in Kamari (about a 5 minute drive away).
Metaxi Mas Restaurant in Santorini – Video
Metaxi Mas Hours and Information
- Season: Open daily early March to early December
- Hours: Open daily 12pm to 12am. Reservations recommended for lunch 12-4 and dinner 7:30 to close. Between 4-7:30, just show up. Book 10 days in advance then call to confirm one day in advance.
- Website: santorini-metaximas.gr/en
- Location: Exo Gonia, Santorini 847 00
- Telephone: + 30-22-860-31323
- View: Amazing, over the countryside to the ocean.
- Parking: On-site parking is available on main road next to large church.
- Bus: Easily accessible by bus on the Fira-Pyrgos route. Ask the driver to stop at Exo Gonia, cross the street and follow sign to taverna next to church and down the hill.
Metaxi Mas Restaurant
- Best Restaurants in Santorini
- Best Hotels in Santorini
- Best Cheap Hotels in Santorini
- Best Hotel Infinity Pools in Santorini
- Best Villas in Santorini
- Best Things to Do in Santorini
- Best Wine Tours in Santorini
- Best Boat Tours in Santorini
- Best Beaches in Santorini
- Where to Stay in Santorini
- Santorini Holidays
- Santorini Blog
- Maps of Santorini
- Videos of Santorini