by Santorini Dave • Updated: February 6, 2019
- Cine Kamari is one of the best outdoor cinemas in Europe. Highly recommended.
- It’s located in Kamari – which is a 12-minute drive from Fira and about 20 to 25 minutes from Oia.
- Cine Kamari is open May through October.
- Tickets cost €8 and it’s cash only at the door and at the bar.
- You can not buy tickets online or in advance.
- All movies are popular current movies in English with Greek subtitles.
- Doors open at 8:30pm. Movies start at 9:30pm.
- Arrive by 8:00pm. (Unless it’s a really popular movie, or the last day of a film’s run, or Sunday – in which cases you should get in line by 7:30pm.)
- There’s a bar and concession stand inside. They serve: Beer, wine, cocktails, soda, nachos, hot dogs, popcorn, nuts, chocolate bars.
- It can get chilly at night even when the day has been hot. Always bring a sweater or light jacket. Staff will provide blankets if you ask.
- There’s a bus stop directly across the road from the cinema. For June through September, there should always be a bus heading back to Fira after the movie gets out. For May and October check the bus schedule to ensure there’s a late bus. To get to Oia, Imerovigli, and Firostefani will require changing buses in Fira.
- Getting a taxi late at night can be difficult. Be prepared for a long wait. Ordering and planning a taxi in advance (perhaps through your hotel) is advised.
- There’s plenty of parking near the cinema if you have a rental car. But then you can’t enjoy drinks from the bar which is half the fun.
- Metaxy Mas, one of the best restaurants in Santorini, is located a 5 minute drive from the open air cinema. (But it’s not walking distance.) Combining dinner and a movie is about as romantic an evening as I can think of – but you’ll need an early seating at Metaxy Mas so get reservations at least a week in advance.
The Kamari Open Air Cinema
Fun Video of the Kamari Open Air Cinema Getting Ready for the Season
- The Best Hotels in Santorini
- The Best Things To Do on Santorini
- The Best Santorini Boat Tours
- The Best Restaurants on Santorini
- 21 Cheap (And Good) Hotels on Santorini
- Santorini Jet Ski Tours
- The Best Hotels in Mykonos
- The Best Hotels in Athens
- The Best Hotels on Crete
- The Best Hotels on Paros
- The Best Hotels on Naxos
- The Best Hotels on Ios
- The Best Hotels in Rome
- The Best Hotels in Paris
- The Best Hotels in London