Santorini Hikes & Walking Tours
- DIY Santorini Walking Tour: You don’t need to do an organized tour to enjoy the great walks in Santorini. The best hike in Santorini is the caldera path from Fira to Oia. And for that you just need to get to the caldera and start walking. (Fira, Firostefani, Imerovigli, and Oia all make fine starting points for the caldera hike.) For non-caldera villages (Emporio, Pyrgos, Megalochori) the best spots to explore are usually pretty obvious: just go to those towns and start to wander – you can never get too lost.
- The Fira-Oia Walking Tour is the best walking tour for the Fira to Oia hike. Once again, you don’t need to do a tour, but doing so will provide interesting info and insight.
The 3 Best Santorini Walking Tours
- Fira-Oia Walking Tour – The walk between Oia and Fira is amazing and this tour makes it better. The tour includes hotel pick up and drop off which is super helpful – especially if you’re not staying right next to caldera path (and could save you the cost of two taxis). (3 to 5 hours)
- Santorini Food & Walking Tour – Start in Firostefani and walk downhill to Fira with at least 7 stops for great food, local beer, wine, raki, Santorini cheeses, cold cuts, olive oil, bakery treats, and traditional sweets. (4 hours)
- Fira to Oia Hike – The walk from Fira to Oia (or Oia to Fira) is easy to do on your own. Follow my tips and it’s a great DIY hike along the caldera.
- Tip: Do the caldera walk before doing a caldera boat tour. It’s fun to see the route you walked along the caldera from the sea below.
Santorini Walking Tour (Video)
A little taste of the beauty that is found along the caldera walk.