Updated: October 6, 2017
Santorini or Crete – Where To Go?
- Santorini is the most magical incredible island in Greece. If you can only visit one island then it should be Santorini.
- Crete is wonderful and beautiful too – it’s also much bigger and requires one to two weeks (or more) to tour the island properly.
- Crete has more outdoor activities. Santorini has more tours. Both have wineries and great local food.
- Crete has better beaches but they’re spread out and it takes a fair bit of effort to see the best beaches. Santorini is small and it’s easy to get around to all the popular beaches.
- Crete has more small traditional (non-touristy) villages.
- Santorini is more romantic and better suited to a honeymoon.
- Santorini has better and more unique luxury hotels.