Updated: November 6, 2017
Crete to Santorini in 2018
- Crete-Santorini Ferries in 2018: The ferry schedule for 2018 will not be finalized until January, 2018. Most years there are 2 ferries per day from Crete to Santorini and Santorini to Crete. Starting in late March or early April Hellenic Seaways and SeaJets Ferries begin high speed service from Crete to Santorini (morning sailing) and Santorini to Crete (afternoon sailing). These ferries usually continue to Naxos, Paros, and Mykonos before turning around and returning to Crete. Ferry tickets can be booked in advance but there is no need to worry about ferries selling out early in 2018. Mark your calendars and remember to book sometime after the schedule is released in 2018.
- Crete-Santorini Flights in 2018: Not all airlines have released their schedules for 2018 but most years there are no flights between Crete and Santorini. In years when they did fly they operated from June to September. Flights sell out much earlier than ferries so if you see a flight then book as soon as possible.
- Crete to Santorini Ferries and Flights: For every ferry or flight from Crete to Santorini there is usually a ferry or flight going in the opposite direction. Ferries generally go from Crete to Santorini in the morning, and then Santorini to Crete in the afternoon.
Flights from Crete to Santorini
There were no flights between Crete and Santorini for the summer of 2017.. The schedule below is from 2015 and I leave it up for reference only. There were no direct flights in 2016. That may change for 2018 – or it may not.
There are always many flights between Santorini and Crete that fly via Athens. These take about 4 hours depending on connection time in Athens. These run year round but have increased frequency from May to October.
The only direct flight from Crete to Santorini for the summer of 2015 was on Minoan Air (which has ceased operating). They had 7 flights a week from Santorini to Crete and 7 flights a week from Crete to Santorini. All flights were to and from Heraklion in Crete and used the prop plane Fokker50. Ticket fares between Crete and Santorini cost from 52,00€ up to 62,00€ (20kg baggage & 4kg carry on is included). Flights between Crete and Santorini ran from June 10 to September 21, 2015.
Flight times from Crete to Santorini
Monday 9:00 & 16:10
Friday 9:00 & 16:10
Flight times from Santorini to Crete
Monday 10:00 & 20:00
Friday 10:00 & 20:00
Ferry Schedule: Crete to Santorini for Summer 2017
Note: All ferry schedules can change with little notice so be sure to double check all routes and times with gtp.gr (the most reliable site for Greek ferry schedules).
- Hellenic Seaways Highspeed 7 – Departs Heraklion at 9:00 and arrives in Santorini at 10:45. Economy class costs €56. This route runs from April 11 to October 4, 2017. The Highspeed 7 is the most stable highspeed ferry that runs from Crete to Santorini and the best choice for those prone to seasickness. From Santorini to Crete it the Highspeed 7 leaves Santorini at 17:25 and arrives in Heraklion at 18:50.
- April 20 to October 16, 2017 the Champion Jet2 (run by the SeaJets company) departs Heraklion at 8:50 and arrives in Santorini at 10:35. It costs €59.70. It does the return from Santorini to Crete at 17:00 and gets to Heraklion at 18:40.
- There were no ferries between Rethymnon and Santorini for the summer of 2017. There were ferries in 2016 so this could change for 2018.
- There are no ferries from Chania or Agios Nikolaos to Santorini. If you’re traveling from these cities you’ll need to take the bus to Heraklion which is 2 hours away.
Where To Pickup Ferry Tickets in Crete and Santorini
If you book tickets in advance online you’ll need to pick them up at one of the agents below:
- Hellenic Seaways and SeaJets Tickets in Heraklion
Paleologos Shipping & Travel Enterprises.
Address: 5, 25th August Street. Alternative ticket collection at the port on the day of your departure (see below).
Tel: (+30) 2810 346185
Fax: (+30) 2810 346208
- SeaJets Tickets in Rethymno
Address: El. Venizelou 90
Tel: (+30) 28310-57666
Fax: (+30) 28310-58020
email: [email protected]
- Hellenic Seaways Tickets in Santorini
Address: Central Square of Fira & Port of Athinios
Telephone Number: (+30) 2286022220
Fax: (+30) 2286022570
- SeaJets Tickets in Santorini
Address: Opposite Post Office in Fira & Port of Athinios
Tel: (+30) 22860-22660 /23660
Fax: (+30) 22860-23666