Updated: March 7, 2017
Flights from Crete to Santorini
There are no flights between Crete and Santorini for the summer of 2017.. The schedule below is for 2015 and I leave it up for reference only. There were no direct flights in 2016. That may change for 2018 – or it may not.
The only direct flight from Crete to Santorini for the summer of 2015 was on Minoan Air. They had 7 flights a week from Santorini to Crete and 7 flights a week from Crete to Santorini. All flights were to and from Heraklion in Crete and used the prop plane Fokker50. Ticket fares between Crete and Santorini cost from 52,00€ up to 62,00€ (20kg baggage & 4kg carry on is included). Flights between Crete and Santorini ran from June 10 to September 21, 2015.
Flight times from Crete to Santorini
Monday 9:00 & 16:10
Friday 9:00 & 16:10
Flight times from Santorini to Crete
Monday 10:00 & 20:00
Friday 10:00 & 20:00
Ferry Schedule: Crete to Santorini for Summer 2017
Note: All ferry schedules can change with little notice so be sure to double check all routes and times with gtp.gr (the most reliable site for Greek ferry schedules).
- Hellenic Seaways Highspeed 7 – Departs Heraklion at 9:00 and arrives in Santorini at 10:45. Economy class costs €56. This route runs from April 11 to October 4, 2017. The Highspeed 7 is the most stable highspeed ferry that runs from Crete to Santorini and the best choice for those prone to seasickness. From Santorini to Crete it the Highspeed 7 leaves Santorini at 17:25 and arrives in Heraklion at 18:50.
- April 20 to October 12, 2017 the Champion Jet2 (run by the SeaJets company) departs Heraklion at 8:50 and arrives in Santorini at 10:35. It costs €59.70. It does the return from Santorini to Crete at 17:00 and gets to Heraklion at 18:40.
- As of January 5th, 2017 there are no ferries scheduled between Rethymnon and Santorini for the summer of 2017. There were ferries last year so this could change.
- There are no ferries from Chania or Agios Nikolaos to Santorini. If you’re traveling from these cities you’ll need to take the bus to Heraklion which is 2 hours away.
Where To Pickup Ferry Tickets in Crete and Santorini
If you book tickets in advance online you’ll need to pick them up at one of the agents below:
- Hellenic Seaways and SeaJets Tickets in Heraklion
Paleologos Shipping & Travel Enterprises.
Address: 5, 25th August Street. Alternative ticket collection at the port on the day of your departure (see below).
Tel: (+30) 2810 346185
Fax: (+30) 2810 346208
- SeaJets Tickets in Rethymno
Address: El. Venizelou 90
Tel: (+30) 28310-57666
Fax: (+30) 28310-58020
email: [email protected]
- Hellenic Seaways Tickets in Santorini
Address: Central Square of Fira & Port of Athinios
Telephone Number: (+30) 2286022220
Fax: (+30) 2286022570
- SeaJets Tickets in Santorini
Address: Opposite Post Office in Fira & Port of Athinios
Tel: (+30) 22860-22660 /23660
Fax: (+30) 22860-23666