- Santorini Day Trip – From Heraklion & Agios Nikolaos – Hotel pickup and dropoff. Bus and boat tour to Santorini.
- Santorini Day Trip – From Chania – Hotel pickup and dropoff. Bus and boat tour to Santorini.
- Santorini Day Trip – From Rethymnon – Departs from Rethymno port which is walking distance from most Rethymno hotel.
- FerryHopper.com is the best way to research ferry schedules and book tickets for Crete-Santorini ferries. It’s rare for ferries between Crete and Santorini to sell out but for peace of mind book ferries 1 to 3 months in advance.
Crete to Santorini in 2019
- Crete-Santorini Ferries in 2019: Most years there are 2 ferries per day from Crete to Santorini and Santorini to Crete. Starting in late March or early April Minoan Lines and SeaJets Ferries begin high speed service from Crete to Santorini (morning sailing) and Santorini to Crete (afternoon sailing). These ferries usually continue to Naxos, Paros, and Mykonos before turning around and returning to Crete. Ferry tickets can be booked in advance at FerryHopper.com.
- Crete-Santorini Flights in 2019: Sky Express offers flights between Crete (Heraklion) and Santorini, though information about their flight schedule can be difficult to find. Use the website’s search function to see if they have a flight that works with your travel schedule. Flights sell out much earlier than ferries so if you see a flight then book as soon as possible.
- Crete to Santorini Ferries and Flights: For every ferry or flight from Crete to Santorini there is usually a ferry or flight going in the opposite direction. Ferries generally go from Crete to Santorini in the morning, and then Santorini to Crete in the afternoon.
- Note: Hellenic Seaways was recently purchased by Blue Star Ferries, and the two companies merged under the Blue Star Ferries name in fall of 2018. Most of the ferries that were operated by Hellenic Seaways are now running under Blue Star Ferries, and routes will generally not be affected. FerryHopper.com will have the most up-to-date booking options for all Greek ferries.
Flights from Crete to Santorini
Sky Express, a relatively new airline that is headquartered in Crete, offers many flights between Heraklion and Santorini. Sky Express’ flight schedules can be difficult to access, so use the website’s search function to see if they have a flight that works with your travel schedule.
Sky Express offers three different fare tiers, differing in luggage and hand baggage allowances, flight change and cancellation fees, and access to flight lounges and expedited security lines. Note that flights will sell out much earlier than ferries – if you find a flight that works for you, book it as soon as possible.
Ferry Schedule: Crete to Santorini for Summer 2019
Note: Greek ferry schedules can change with little notice. Be sure to double check all routes and times with FerryHopper.com (the most reliable site for booking Greek ferries). But even after tickets are booked and routes confirmed ferries can be cancelled or changed on short notice and with no good reason.
- April to mid-October, 2019: The Minoan Line Santorini Palace departs Heraklion at 9:40 and arrives in Santorini at 11:40. Economy class costs €70. The Santorini Palace is the most stable highspeed ferry that runs from Crete to Santorini and the best choice for those prone to seasickness. From Santorini to Crete the Santorini Palace leaves Santorini at 17:45 and arrives in Heraklion at 19:30.
- Mid-April to mid-October, 2019: The Champion Jet1 (run by the SeaJets company) departs Heraklion at 8:40 and arrives in Santorini at 10:35. It costs €59.70. It does the return from Santorini to Crete at 17:20 and gets to Heraklion at 19:10.
- Mid-May to mid-October, 2019: On Tuesdays and Saturdays, Golden Star’s car/passenger ferry departs Rethymnon at 7:15am, and arrives in Santorini at 11am.
- Late April to October, 2019: On Tuesdays and Saturdays, SeaJets’ high speed catamaran car ferry departs Rethymnon at 7:45am, arriving in Santorini at 10:35am.
- There are no ferries from Chania or Agios Nikolaos to Santorini. If you’re traveling from these cities you’ll need to take the bus to Heraklion or Rethymnon, both between 1 1/2 and 2 hours away.
Where To Pickup Ferry Tickets in Crete and Santorini
If you book tickets in advance online you’ll need to pick them up at one of the agents below:
- Minoan Lines and SeaJets Tickets in Heraklio
Paleologos Shipping & Travel Enterprises.
Address: 5, 25th August Street. Alternative ticket collection at the port on the day of your departure (see below).
Tel: (+30) 2810 346185
Fax: (+30) 2810 346208
- SeaJets Tickets in Rethymno
Address: El. Venizelou 90
Tel: (+30) 28310-57666
Fax: (+30) 28310-58020
email: [email protected]
- Minoan Lines Tickets in Santorini
Address: Central Square of Fira & Port of Athinios
Telephone Number: (+30) 2286022220
Fax: (+30) 2286022570
- SeaJets Tickets in Santorini
Address: Opposite Post Office in Fira & Port of Athinios
Tel: (+30) 22860-22660 /23660
Fax: (+30) 22860-23666
Crete to Santorini Day Trips in 2019
- Crete to Santorini Day Trip Prices: Tours cost between $210 and $250.
- The best tours from Crete to Santorini:
• Heraklion & Agios Nikolaos to Santorini Day Trip – Hotel pickup & drop off. Runs: Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday.
• Chania to Santorini Day Trip – Hotel pickup & drop off. Runs: Tuesday, Saturday.
• Rethymno to Santorini Day Trip – Tour starts from Rethymno port. Runs: Tuesday, Saturday.
Santorini to Crete in 2019 – Things To Know
- Greek Ferry Guide
- Crete to Athens Ferries
- Athens to Crete Ferries
- Heraklion (Crete) Ferry Port Guide
- Piraeus (Athens) Ferry Port Guide
- Mykonos Ferry Port Guide
- Car Rental at Heraklion Airport
- The Best Hotels in Santorini
- The Best Hotels in Crete
- The Best Hotels in Mykonos
- The Best Time to Visit Greece
- The Best Greek Islands
- Santorini Travel Guide
- Santorini Maps