Crete to Santorini
- FerryHopper.com is the best way to research ferry schedules and book tickets for Crete-Santorini ferries. It’s rare for ferries between Crete and Santorini to sell out but for peace of mind book ferries 1 to 3 months in advance.
- Best Crete to Santorini Tour: Santorini Full-Day Tour by Boat
- Best Santorini to Crete Tour: Becuase of the ferry schedule (Crete to Santorini in the morning, Santorini to Crete in the afternoon/evening) there are no day-trip tours from Santorini to Crete.
- Crete-Santorini Ferries: Most years there are 2 ferries per day from Crete to Santorini and Santorini to Crete. Starting in late March or early April Minoan Lines and SeaJets Ferries begin high speed service from Crete to Santorini (morning sailing) and Santorini to Crete (afternoon sailing). These ferries usually continue to Naxos, Paros, and Mykonos before turning around and returning to Crete. Ferry tickets can be booked in advance at FerryHopper.com.
- Crete-Santorini Flights: Sky Express offers flights between Crete (Heraklio) and Santorini, though information about their flight schedule can be difficult to find. Use the website’s search function to see if they have a flight that works with your travel schedule. Flights sell out much earlier than ferries, so book as soon as possible if you see a good flight.
- Crete to Santorini Ferries and Flights: For every ferry or flight from Crete to Santorini there is usually a ferry or flight going in the opposite direction. Ferries generally go from Crete to Santorini in the morning, and then Santorini to Crete in the afternoon.
Day Tours from Crete to Santorini
- Santorini Full-Day Tour by Boat – Hotel pick up and drop off for the following towns: Heraklio, Chania, Rethymno, Agios Nikolaos, and Elounda. This tour includes bus to the Crete ferry port, ferry to Santorini, and bus around Santorini and back to the ferry port. All you have to worry about is drinks and food – which are readily available on the boat and at stops within Santorini. Crete to Santorini tours cost about $200.
Ferry Schedule: Crete to Santorini
Example Crete to Santorini Ferry Schedule
- There are multiple daily ferries that run from the Heraklion Port in Crete to Santorini from mid-April through October. The trip will take between 2 and 3 hours on a high-speed ferry. Prices are about €80 for a standard adult ticket.
- There are no ferries from the Cretan ports of Chania or Agios Nikolaos to Santorini. If you’re traveling from these cities you’ll need to take the bus to Heraklio or Rethymno, both between 1.5 and 2 hours away.
- FerryHopper is the best way to research ferry schedules and book tickets for Crete-Santorini ferries. Ferries between Crete and Santorini do sometimes sell out. For peace of mind book ferries 2 to 3 months in advance.
- Greek ferry schedules can change with little notice. Even after tickets are booked and routes confirmed, ferries can be canceled or changed on short notice and with no good reason. Should this occur, FerryHopper will contact you with notice of any changes to your schedule, and guide you through the re-booking process.
Common Ferries from Crete to Santorini
Where To Pick Up Ferry Tickets in Crete and Santorini
If you book tickets in advance online on Ferryhopper.com, you’ll either get an e-ticket (so you won’t need to pick up anything) or you’ll need to collect your paper tickets at least one hour in advance at the port on the day of your departure. Your confirmation email will have more complete information.
Flights from Crete to Santorini
Sky Express, a relatively new airline that is headquartered in Crete, offers many flights between Heraklio and Santorini. Sky Express’ flight schedules can be difficult to access, so use the website’s search function to see if they have a flight that works with your travel schedule.
Sky Express offers three different fare tiers, differing in luggage and hand baggage allowances, flight change and cancellation fees, and access to flight lounges and expedited security lines. Note that flights will sell out much earlier than ferries – if you find a flight that works for you, book it as soon as possible.
Minoan Air, also based on Crete, offers flights between Crete and Santorini many times a week on their Fokker 50-seat planes.
Santorini to Crete – Things To Know
- Greek Ferry Guide
- The Best Greek Islands
- Crete to Athens Ferries
- Athens to Crete Ferries
- Heraklion (Crete) Ferry Port Guide
- Santorini Ferry Port Guide
- Piraeus (Athens) Ferry Port Guide
- Crete Travel Guide
- Crete – Where to Stay
- Crete – Best Hotels
- Crete – Best Tours & Things to Do
- Crete Travel Maps