Updated: October 20, 2017
The 10 Best Hotels in Kamari
Kamari is a wonderful beach town on the east coast of the island – the opposite side of the island from the caldera. The town is filled with restaurants, bars, and shops and always has a very relaxed feel. It’s an easy bus or taxi ride from Kamari to Fira (to get to Oia you’ll have to change buses in Fira). In summer there are late buses running from Fira to Kamari – the last one will leave Fira after midnight sometimes as late as 3:30am. A taxi from Fira to Kamari will be about 15€. Taxi from Oia to Kamari is 20€ to 25€. Kamari is also where you’ll find the fantastic outdoor cinema – which is a must.
Perissa is the other main beach town in Santorini. The beach there has nicer sand and the town has a little more laid-back charm (it feels less resorty and more like a California beach town). But there’s better traditional Greek food in Kamari and it’s much faster and easier to get to Fira (or Oia) from Kamari than from Perissa.
The best hotel in Kamari that’s right on the beach is Sigalas – the other hotels listed below are either across a pedestrian road from the beach or back a few streets – which isn’t a big deal but at Sigalas you can walk straight from your room or the pool to the sea.
- Santorini Kastelli Resort • (Hotel phone: +30 2286 031530) • Reviews
- Tamarix Del Mar Suites • (Hotel phone: 30 22860 34172) • Reviews
- Cavo Bianco • (Hotel phone: +30 2286 031366) • Reviews
- Zephyros • (Hotel phone: +30 2286 031108) • Reviews
- Acqua Vatos Santorini Hotel • (Hotel phone: +30 2286 031660) • Reviews
- Santellini Hotel • (Hotel phone: +30 2286 028866) • Reviews
- Sigalas • (Hotel phone: +30 2286 031260) • Reviews
- Hotel Matina • (Hotel phone: +30 2286 031491) • Reviews
- Blue Waves • (Hotel phone: +30 2286 031935) • Reviews
- Santorini Crystal Blue • (Hotel phone: +30 2286 031055) • Reviews