Milos to Santorini – Ferry Essentials
- FerryHopper.com is the best way to buy tickets for Milos to Santorini ferries. It’s also good for researching ferry timetables, costs, and schedules.
- Most ferries do not sell out. But for peace of mind, book tickets 2 to 3 months in advance.
- Most tickets (when booked through FerryHopper) are e-tickets which means you do not have to pick up a paper ticket before boarding.
- If a ticket purchased online doesn’t have a barcode that usually means you’ll need to pick up a real ticket when in Greece. This is most often done at the ferry port 30 to 45 minutes before departure. Don’t worry about pick up – it’s easy and effortless and usually very close to your actual ferry.
- Ferries will leave on-time from their first departure port in the morning (usually large ports like Piraeus, Heraklion, and Rhodes) but will be late arriving and departing from all onward ports (e.g. Naxos). Usually getting later as the day progresses.
- Most areas in Greece, including Milos and Santorini, have public transportation strikes throughout the year. These strikes can affect all forms of transit, including, buses, trains, ferries, flights, and taxis. During strikes no buses, no ferries, and only a handful of trains and flights will depart on time (or at all); taxis tend to be the least affected mode of transport. Though strikes can occur any time, there is always a huge strike on May 1. Avoid booking any ferries, flights, or trains that day.
Milos to Santorini Ferry Schedule
The islands of Milos and Santorini are connected by daily ferry service in the busy summer tourist season, usually with more frequent ferries in June, July and August than in May and September. Ferries depart Milos from mid-morning until early evening, with the latest ferry leaving for Santorini at about 6:50pm. (See our Guide to the Santorini Ferry Port.) The ride is about two hours long for the highspeed catamarans and up to five hours for the slower car ferries. Ticket prices are between €16 and €85.
Example Milos to Santorini Ferry Schedule
- The Best Hotels in Santorini
- The Best Hotels in Santorini for Families
- Where to Stay in Santorini
- Complete Santorini Travel Guide