The Ritz-Carlton Bali – Impossibly immense and implausibly luxurious, with vast beach frontage.
The sheer opulence and utter extravagance commence at the lobby which is perched on a cliff. From there a ‘window lift’ hurtles down to sea level, where the spread of villas among lush tropical gardens is so extensive that guests wait for transport to their rooms at the ‘Buggy Meeting Point’. The superlative Cliff Villas with pools are designed like New York apartments, with every inch modern and lavish; even a TV above the jacuzzi. Suites in the four-level block are comparatively modest, with those at ground level having direct access to the infinity pool from their patios. The resort caters extremely well for families and is connected by shuttle bus to Nusa Dua with its cafés and mall.
The Ritz-Carlton Bali – The Location
- Area: Faces an excellent beach along the southeast edge of Bukit Peninsula, about 6 km from central Nusa Dua, a gated area of top-end resorts.
- Address: Jalan Raya Nusa Dua Selatan Lot III Sawangan, Nusa Dua.
- How to Get There: The only way to/from the airport is by metered taxi or chartered car with a driver, which should take about 30 minutes (depending on traffic). Easily accessible from southern Bali by metered taxi, and by chartered car from elsewhere.
The Ritz-Carlton Bali – The Basics
- Guests: Caters very well for all. Although families are a focus, child-free couples would still enjoy themselves.
- Kids’ Club: The Ritz Kids Cub is outstanding, with excellent activities focusing on Indonesian culture, and extras rarely (if ever) offered elsewhere, e.g. a ‘Night Safari Adventure’.
- Beach: Waves can be rough in places, so take care, although a breakwater offers some protection for swimming. Overall, less appealing than others, but decent enough.
- Views: A few rooms offer sea views, partially obstructed by the massive neighboring resort. Some villas do have direct beach frontage. Most rooms, however, are distant from the ocean and overlook the gardens and/or pools.
- Kitchen: The larger villas feature kitchenettes.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Some villas come with private pools and jacuzzis. The ground-floor suites have access to the main pool from their patios.
- Extras: Some villas include a 24/7 butler service. Shuttle bus services to the Bali Collection mall.
- Parking: Plenty of free and secure spaces at the lobby. Tell the management when booking. But think long and hard before driving anywhere in Bali.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +62 (0)361 849 8988
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: ritzcarlton.com
The Ritz-Carlton Bali – Amenities
- Pool: All pools are massive and offer plenty of shade. The one for children is secure, supervised, and gated.
- Spa: The Ritz-Carlton Spa Bali has a nautical theme and is set amid vibrant gardens. It offers signature treatments and even provides 4 special spa villas.
- Fitness Center: Good size and well-equipped.
- For Families: Futsal. Playground. Special Kids Corner in the restaurant. Babysitting. The whole family is encouraged to become involved in turtle conservation through donations and release programs.
- Activities: Impressive range of activities, including lessons in cooking, yoga, and surfing.
- Other Facilities: Shopping arcade with several boutiques and a minimart. Business Center. Hindu temple.
The Ritz-Carlton Bali – Food and Drink
- Restaurants: Bejana – Stylish setting on the clifftop, specializing in Indonesian food. • The Beach Grill – Casual and beachside, with an extended menu focusing on seafood. • Senses – Open only for buffet breakfast.
- Bars: Breezes Tapas Lounge – Facing the pool and beach for snacks, cocktails, and themed buffets at night, often with a Spanish flavor. • Raku – Japanese-themed lounge bar with stunning views and sushi tapas. • Ritz-Carlton Lounge & Bar – Swish and breezy for light meals, cocktails, and live music nightly.
- Breakfast: Often included, but depends on the type of room and how the booking was made.
- Room Service: Available 24 hours a day.
The Ritz-Carlton Bali – Rooms
- Room Types: Sawangan Junior Suite • Ritz-Carlton Suite • Family Suite • Pavilion Villa with Pool Access • Garden Villa with Private Pool • Sky Villa with Private Pool (1 or 2 bedrooms) • Cliff Villa with Private Pool • Ritz-Carlton Cliff Villa with Private Pool • Ritz-Carlton Villa with Private Pool • List of all Rooms
- Smoking Rooms: Smoking not allowed in the rooms or public areas, but OK elsewhere.
- Best Room: The Ritz-Carlton Villas with Private Pool are the ultimate in luxury, with all the latest gadgets across 2 levels. With separate dining and living rooms and 3 bedrooms, it faces the ocean with direct beach frontage.
- For Families: Some villas have 3 bedrooms and a kitchenette.
The Ritz-Carlton Bali – Local Transport
- Walking & Cycling: Too far to walk to Nusa Dua and very little within walking distance. No bicycles to rent (which is unfortunate).
- Public Transport & Shuttle Buses: Neither along this part of the coast because it is outside the Nusa Dua area.
- Cars, Motorbikes, & Taxis: Renting a car is not recommended anywhere in Bali, though a motorbike is a great way to get around Nusa Dua, but nowhere else in southern Bali. For short distances, get a metered taxi; for longer trips, charter a car with a driver. All transport options can be arranged at the reception.
The Ritz-Carlton Bali – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants, Bars & Shops
- About 1 km up (north) along the road from outside the main entrance is a cluster of modest facilities, including the restaurant at Rantun’s Place, for tasty and affordable meals, as well as a small grocery store.
- Hilton Bali Resort: All the restaurants and bars at the neighboring Hilton resort can be reached within a few minutes’ walk north via the beach.
Otherwise, get the hotel shuttle bus to the Bali Collection outdoor mall, with oodles of shops and lovely cafés, including:
- Coco Bistro – Extended menu includes Chinese food and several desserts. Pleasant courtyard setting.
- Verdant Organic & True Food Kitchen – Charming décor and healthy cuisine from across Indonesia.
- Frangipani Bali Restaurant – Quiet and colorful position for ribs, grills, and lobster. Also, children’s menu.