• Affiliate Disclosure: All hotel links on my site are affiliate links meaning I earn a small fee when you book a hotel. (There is never any extra cost to you for using these links).
• Charitable Giving: I use some of these earnings for my monthly donation.
• Updates: Get my free newsletter and all new travel guides, maps & hotel reviews.
The very best hotels in Greece are in Santorini, Mykonos, and Athens but luxurious 5-star hotels can be found on every island. Most hotels on the Greek islands (from budget to luxury) close for a few months during the winter.
1. Grace Hotel – Santorini
The absolute best hotel in Greece. Pure luxury, incredible views, private pools, and warm friendly service. Great location too. My favorite hotel in Greece. (Hotel phone: +30 2286 021300)
2. Myconian Ambassador Hotel & Spa – Mykonos
I love this place. An easy walk to one of Mykonos’s best beaches. Views from the pool are awesome. (Hotel phone: +30 2289 024166)
3. Katikies – Santorini
The best hotel in the charming town of Oia. 3 gorgeous infinity pools. Shopping and restaurants are an easy stroll along the caldera path. (Hotel phone: +30 2286 071401)
4. Grande Bretagne – Athens
Old-world European charm. This will sound corny but when I’m at this hotel, I really don’t want to leave. (Hotel phone: +30 21 0333 0000)
5. Melenos Lindos Exclusive Suites – Rhodes
Simple luxury on a beautiful stretch of coastline. Wonderful beaches are in every direction. (Hotel phone: +30 2244 032222)
6. Caramel Grecotel Boutique Resort – Crete
Probably the best true beach hotel in Greece. The charming town of Rethymnon is within a short drive (or long walk). (Hotel phone: +30 2831 071803)
7. Elounda Beach Hotel – Crete
Elounda is a magical little beach town and this is a top notch resort. One of those places you’re pretty much guaranteed to love. (Hotel phone: +30 2841 063000)
8. Mykonos Blu – Mykonos
Smack between two of the best beaches on Mykonos, the Blu has great service, great views, great vibe. (Hotel phone: +30 2289 027900)
9. Nissaki Beach Hotel – Naxos
Steps from a very good beach and a short walk to the wonderful village of Naxos Town. This is the most family-friendly of any luxury hotel in Greece. (Hotel phone: +30 2285 025710)
10. Cosmopolitan Suites – Santorini
If you want a hip, cool hotel close to nightlife and restaurants then this is it. Infinity pool offers wonderful views of the volcano. (Hotel phone: +30 2286 025632)