Ammoudi is the beautiful bay and small port located 200 steps below Oia. The bay is lined with terrific seafood restaurants, with the crystal clear waters lapping at table’s edge. The port is busy with boat tours arriving and departing all day long. Catamarans of all sizes bring tourists to see the volcano, swim in the hot springs, tour the caldera cliffs and beaches, and on wildly popular sunset cruises. 5 minutes walk past the last restaurant, a dirt path hooks around the corner to a great swimming spot, with a small island you can swim out to that has a popular ledge to jump off.
There are 2 options for how to reach the bay. A steep but walkable staircase from just below the castle in Oia leads down to the bay if you’re up for it. Each step is wide, and the surfaces uneven at times. If you’re heading out to a romantic dinner in fancy shoes or spending the day in flip flops, this walk probably isn’t for you. Like the Fira to Oia hiking trail, it’ll help to have on appropriate shoes. The other way is to take a taxi that can be arranged at your hotel or by your restaurant for the return. The fixed priced for a taxi between Oia and Amoudi is 10€. Another option is to walk one direction and drive the other. Ammoudi Bay restaurant waiters are happy to call taxis for their dining guests after a meal.
Ammoudi Bay in Santorini – Video
Ammoudi Bay Information
- Location: Oia, Santorimni
- Hours: Ammoudi Bay restaurants are open during lunch and dinner hours.
- Parking: Free parking, with a short walk to restaurants. The road is narrow and filled with vehicles shuttling passengers to dining and boat tours, and can be hectic during peak hours.
- Bus: None.
- Dining: A handful of great waterfront restaurants to choose from.
Restaurants of Ammoudi Bay
- Best Hotels in Santorini
- Best Family Hotels in Santorini
- Best Budget Hotels in Santorini
- Best Beach Hotels in Santorini
- Where To Stay in Santorini
- Best Things To Do in Santorini
- Best Time To Visit Santorini
- Best Restaurants in Santorini
- Best Wineries in Santorini
- Santorini Ferry Port Guide
- Maps of Santorini
- Videos of Santorini