Mykonos to Santorini in 2020
- Mykonos to Santorini Helicopter Ride – The easiest, fastest way from Mykonos to Santorini.
- Mykonos-Santorini Flights in 2020: Most years there are 4 or 5 flights per week from Santorini to Mykonos and Mykonos to Santorini (April to mid-October). But some years there is only one weekly flight. Some years there are no flights. Flight schedules come out in December or January and sell out quickly.
- Mykonos-Santorini Ferries in 2020: Most years there are 3 or 4 ferries per day from Mykonos to Santorini and Santorini to Mykonos. Starting in late March or early April Golden Star and SeaJets Ferries begin high-speed service from Mykonos to Santorini and Santorini to Mykonos. In summer there are usually 3 or more ferries per day between Mykonos and Santorini. Ferry tickets can be booked in advance at FerryHopper.com.
- Ferry schedules change every year but usually there are direct ferries between Mykonos and Santorini from April to October. From November to March you’ll need to ferry or fly via Athens to get between the two islands.
- FerryHopper.com is the best way to research ferry schedules and book tickets for Mykonos-Santorini ferries.
- Most areas in Greece, including Santorini and Mykonos, hold public transportation strikes throughout the year. These strikes affect all forms of transit, including, buses, trains, ferries, flights, and taxis. During strikes no buses, no ferries, and only a handful of trains and flights will depart on time (or at all); taxis tend to be the least affected mode of transport. Though strikes can occur any time, there is always a huge strike on May 1. Avoid booking any ferries or flights that day.
- See Also: Mykonos Hotels • Santorini Hotels • Athens to Mykonos Guide • Athens to Santorini Guide
Flights between Mykonos and Santorini in 2020
Note: In 2020, all flight routes and schedules may be impacted by the Covid-19 pandemic. Please use kayak to find the most recently updated information.
- Most years there are at least a few flights per week between Santorini and Mykonos – but not always. These flights generally take about 35 minutes and operate (roughly) from early April to mid-October.
- There are always many flights that run throughout the year between Santorini and Mykonos via Athens but these are not direct, cost more, and take 3 to 5 hours depending on the connection through Athens.
- In previous years there have been direct flights with TUI Airlines, Condor, and Thomas Cook. In years when there are flights they typically don’t fly every day – maybe once or twice a week. Sky Express may offer some flights from Santorini to Mykonos, though information about their flight schedule can be difficult to find. It’s worth checking the website’s search function to see if they have flights during your travel window.
Ferry Schedule: Mykonos to Santorini for Summer 2020
Note: In 2020, all ferry routes and schedules may be impacted by the Covid-19 pandemic. Please use ferryhopper to find the most recently updated information.
- Mykonos-Santorini ferry routes are seasonal, and operate from mid-March to late October, making stops in Paros and Ios along the way. Most ferry routes run in both directions so there is no difference between the Santorini to Mykonos ferries and the Mykonos to Santorini ferries. The only thing that changes is the departure times.
- The best ferries between Mykonos and Santorini for the summer of 2020 are with SeaJets or Golden Star. Most boats take less than 3 hours and cost €50-€70 in economy class. Book tickets at FerryHopper.com.
- In general, the smaller the ferry the rougher the ride can be. The largest and most stable ferries, Blue Star ferries, operate no direct route between Mykonos and Santorini; if you are worried about seasickness then consider connecting on Naxos or Paros to a Blue Star ferry for the majority of the trip – this way you’re only on the smaller highspeed ferries for 1 hour instead of 3 hours.
- Since most ferries between Santorini and Mykonos are small ferries they will sell out (especially in July, August, and September). For peace of mind book ferries 1 to 3 months in advance. Many ferries now offer e-tickets, but if you book paper tickets in advance you’ll pick them up at the port an hour before your scheduled departure. The best and easiest way to book ferry tickets online is through FerryHopper.com.
- All ferry schedules can change with little notice so be sure to double check routes and times.
Arriving on Santorini
The best way to arrive in Santorini is on the Blue Star ferry from Paros or Naxos. It affords the best views of the caldera and the cliffs as you approach the island. The highspeed ferries do not allow passengers to walk the decks and the views through the windows are not great (the glass is covered in sea salt). But on the Blue Star you can walk the deck and gaze around at the stunning scenery. As I say above, getting the Blue Star requires changing ferries in Paros or Naxos – but for some it’s worth the effort.
Websites for Ferry Schedules and Booking Tickets
Ferry tickets often don’t need to be purchased in advance and you can usually buy tickets 1 to 4 days in advance from any travel agent on the island you’re currently on. But there are no guarantees: the highspeed ferries (which are smaller and have limited seating) do sellout during July and August. (The large conventional ferries like Blue Star rarely sellout.)
FerryHopper.com is the easiest website for checking ferry schedules and reserving tickets. Paper and e-tickets can be booked online, and after you’ve booked, Ferryhopper will contact you about any schedule or route changes, as well as help you navigate any necessary changes to your itinerary.
Photos of Santorini-Mykonos Ferry
Blue Star ferry tickets booked in advance are collected at Dakoutros Travel in Fira.
On Mykonos the pickup travel agencies for ferry tickets booked in advance are Sea & Sky Travel (for SeaJets and Blue Star tickets) and Delia Travel (for Hellenic Seaways tickets) in Mykonos Town.
- Greek Ferry Guide
- Piraeus (Athens) Ferry Port Guide
- Heraklion (Crete) Ferry Port Guide
- Mykonos Ferry Port Guide
- Athens to Crete Ferries
- Athens to Mykonos Ferries
- Athens to Naxos Ferries
- Athens to Paros Ferries
- Athens to Santorini Ferries
- Crete to Athens Ferries
- Milos to Athens Ferries
- Naxos to Athens Ferries
- Paros to Athens Ferries
- The Best Hotels on Mykonos
- The Best Hotels on Santorini
- Maps of Santorini
- My Greece Travel Blog (great info on Mykonos)
- The Best Beaches on Santorini
- The Best Beaches on Mykonos
- The Best Time to Visit Greece
- The Best Greek Islands
- Mykonos – The Travel Guide
- Santorini – The Travel Guide