Mykonos to Santorini Transportation
- Mykonos to Santorini Ferries: There are 2 to 5 ferries per day from Mykonos to Santorini. Starting in late March or early April Golden Star and SeaJets Ferries begin high-speed service from Mykonos to Santorini. In summer there are usually 4 or more ferries per day between the two islands. Ferry tickets should be booked at least 2 months in advance at FerryHopper.com.
- Mykonos to Santorini Flights: Most years there are 4 or 5 flights per week from Mykonos to Santorini (April to mid-October). But some years there is only one weekly flight. Some years there are no flights. Flight schedules come out in December or January and sell out quickly.
- FerryHopper.com is the best way to research ferry schedules and book tickets for Mykonos to Santorini ferries.
- Mykonos to Santorini Helicopter Transfer – Expensive, but it is the easiest and fastest way from Mykonos to Santorini.
- See Also: Mykonos Hotels • Santorini Hotels • Athens to Mykonos Guide • Athens to Santorini Guide
Mykonos to Santorini Ferry Schedules
• How to buy ferry tickets: Ferryhopper.com
• Best seats: I recommend Business or VIP if available (nicer seats in a more relaxed setting)
• When to book tickets: 2 to 3 months in advance (any sooner and some ferry routes might not be released yet, any later and some ferries could be sold out)
• Mykonos-Santorini ferry routes are seasonal, and operate from mid-March to late October, making stops in Naxos, Paros, and Ios along the way. Most ferry routes run in both directions so there is little difference between the Santorini to Mykonos ferries and the Mykonos to Santorini ferries. The only thing that changes is the departure time.
• Since most ferries between Mykonos and Santorini are small to medium-sized ferries they will sell out (especially in July, August, and September).
• All ferry schedules can change with little notice, so double-check routes and times.
Example Mykonos to Santorini Ferry Schedule
Common Ferries from Mykonos to Santorini
Flights from Mykonos to Santorini
- Most years, there are at least a few flights per week from Mykonos to Santorini – but not always. These flights generally take about 35 minutes and operate (roughly) from early April to mid-October.
- There are always many flights that run throughout the year between Santorini and Mykonos via Athens but these are not direct, cost more, and take 3 to 5 hours depending on the connection through Athens.
- In previous years there have been direct flights with TUI Airlines, Condor, and Thomas Cook. In years when there are flights they typically don’t fly every day – maybe once or twice a week. Sky Express may offer some flights from Mykonos to Santorini, though information about their flight schedule can be difficult to find. It’s worth checking the website’s search function to see if they have flights during your travel window.
- Greek Ferry Guide
- Mykonos Ferry Port Guide
- Santorini Ferry Port Guide
- Athens to Mykonos Ferries
- Athens to Santorini Ferries
- Piraeus (Athens) Ferry Port Guide
- My Favorite Greek Islands
- Mykonos Travel Guide
- Where to Stay in Mykonos
- Best Hotels on Mykonos
- Best Mykonos Tours & Things to Do
- Maps of Mykonos
- Best Beaches on Mykonos