Andronis Concept Wellness Resort – Family-friendly, wellness-focused hotel with private pools for each spacious suite, an impressive spa, and three shared pools.
The only resort of its kind in Santorini, this property offers a luxurious blend of privacy, mindfulness, and indulgence. Suites and villas are amply sized (from 35 to 160 sqm), all with private, heated plunge pools; villas all have the same number of bathrooms as bedrooms. The three shared pools are all unique: the spa’s unheated pool is the largest on the island, and long enough for doing laps; the heated cave pool is shielded from the sun; and the heated infinity pool at Throubi restaurant offers gorgeous caldera views. For families, they offer special kids’ yoga and spa programs, cooking classes, tennis, and kids’ amenities in the suites and at the pool. The restaurant menu was overseen by a nutritionist, and offers healthy, delicious options for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, with many ingredients grown onsite in their gardens and vineyard.
Andronis Concept Wellness Resort – Location
• Area: Absolutely gorgeous location about a 15 minute walk from the heart of Imerovigli village. This quiet location offers more privacy than the hotels in the village center, along with stellar views of the caldera to the west, and the Aegean to the east.
• How to Get There:
The hotel sits above the caldera, just outside of Imerovigli village, and off the main road connecting Fira and Oia, making it easy to get to whether by bus, taxi, or driving yourself. It is approximately 8km from the Santorini Airport to Andronis, and 12km from the ferry port.
There are always buses waiting at the ferry port for every ferry arrival, as well as buses departing hourly from Santorini Airport. There are no direct buses from the port or airport to Imerovigli, however; buses from both locations go to Fira, where you must then board a different bus to Imerovigli – the entire trip from the port or airport to Imerovigli will take around an hour and cost about €5 in total. Tickets are purchased on the bus, in cash only. The bus stop is just 12 minutes away on foot, mostly downhill, and fairly easy to navigate with luggage.
Taxis are also available from the port or airport, though there are only about 25 taxis in total serving the whole island, so there can be a long wait; schedule a ride through a private car service in advance to avoid this (I use and recommend Welcome Pickups). Taxis on Santorini are not metered, so be sure to agree on a price with the driver before setting out. A taxi from the airport to Andronis Concept Wellness Resort should be about €25 to €30, and a taxi from the ferry port around €30. Booking through a private car service will cost only a bit more – about $45 (or €37), but is worth it to avoid the wait and for the convenience of paying ahead.
For those who prefer to drive themselves, we recommend renting a car either at the airport on arrival, or in Fira. The road from the ferry port is steep and narrow, with many tricky switchbacks, large trucks, and buses. Leave that for the locals to navigate. We strongly recommend reserving a vehicle in advance, especially if you require automatic transmission. Upon arrival at the resort, Andronis offers free valet parking (a major perk).
Map of Andronis Concept Wellness Resort
Andronis Concept Wellness Resort – The Basics
- Ages: All ages are welcome here. The majority of guests are couples celebrating a special occasion, though more families have recently discovered the hotel, and are making up a growing share of guests.
- Beach: The nearest beach is Exo Gialos, a quiet, black sand beach with intriguing wind-sculpted cliffs at its southern end. The best beach bar and restaurant is East Breeze, just a few meters from the cliffs. The north end has a small harbor and another great beach bar and restaurant called Yalos. From the hotel, it’s a short 5 km drive to the north end, or 6 km to the south end, where the cliffs are.
- View: 25 suites offer gorgeous caldera views from their private infinity pools and terraces, while 3 suites offer views to the Aegean Sea and gardens.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: All suites and villas have a private, heated infinity plunge pool. The Fabulous Suite offers a jacuzzi in its plunge pool; the Three Bedroom Villa has both a jacuzzi and a pool; while the 4 Bedroom Villa boasts 2 private pools.
- Kitchen: The Four Bedroom Villa has a full kitchen.
- Parking: Plenty of free parking onsite.
- Extras: Welcome wine on arrival, bespoke room experience (pillow menu, choice of scent, choice of luxury brand amenities), cooking classes, yoga studio, tennis court, family activities (kids’ spa, yoga, family cooking classes, kids’ amenities for pool and in suite), evening shuttle to and from Oia, and a cave cinema showing a different movie every evening.
- When to Book: The hotel operates from the first of April until early November. Reserve at least 4 months in advance (6 months is better) for stays during high season from June through September, and about 2 months in advance for the low and shoulder seasons.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +30 22860 36737
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: andronisconcept.com
Andronis Concept Wellness Resort – Amenities
- Pool: 3 pools onsite: unheated spa lap pool, heated cave pool, heated infinity pool with caldera views.
- Spa: The largest spa in Santorini, offering treatments for individuals, couples, or families. The full-service menu features bodywork, skincare, hair, and nail treatments based on Eastern and Western healing traditions. Most treatments are done inside the spa, while they also offer sunset massage outdoors over the caldera. Full day spa packages can be integrated with yoga, fitness, and meals at the restaurant.
- Fitness Center: Large gym, featuring a good selection of cardio machines and free weights. The yoga studio offers Hatha and aerial styles with views of the caldera. Personal trainers are available for workouts or yoga. Yoga is available for kids and families. Sunset yoga is their signature.
- For Disabled Guests: This is a caldera hotel with no elevator and lots of stairs (though fewer than you’ll find in other caldera properties). Not suitable for guests with mobility issues.
- For Families: Exceptional family amenities, probably the best in Santorini. Activities include kids’ spa and yoga, family cooking classes, tennis court, and kids’ amenities in the room (baby cots, tiny bath robes, board games), and at the pool (goggles, floaties).
- Activities: Cooking lessons, sunset yoga, cave cinema (screening a different movie filmed in Greece every night).
- Other Facilities: Helipad, vineyard, vegetable and flower garden, cave cinema.
Andronis Concept Wellness Resort – Food and Drink
- Restaurant: Throubi is located next to the infinity pool and offers breakfast, lunch, dinner, and drinks with caldera views. The menu fuses wellness, fine dining, and local Santorinian flavors, offering a unique selection of healthy, delicious apps and entrees all day (more indulgent choices are also available). Most ingredients are grown onsite in their gardens, and the wine list spotlights the best local selections. The restaurant is open to the public and serves lunch from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m., and dinner from 6:30 p.m. until 10:00 p.m.
- Lounge/Bar: The Pool Bar serves lunch and snacks prepared in Throubi’s kitchen with refreshing cocktails using homegrown ingredients. Drinks are available all day, and food during Throubi’s regular hours.
- Breakfast: Complimentary breakfast is served daily to each room. Order off the a la carte menu from a wide selection of healthy, organic choices as well as more decadent favorites. Available from 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- Room Service: Available 24 hours.
Andronis Concept Wellness Resort – Rooms
- Room Types: Cozy Suite • Wet Allure • Finesse Suite • Fabulous Suite • Two Bedroom Villa • Three Bedroom Villa • Four Bedroom Villa
- Smoking Rooms: The hotel does not allow smoking in any of their rooms. Smoking is allowed on the private terraces, and in the outdoor designated areas.
- Best Room: The 160 sqm Four Bedroom Villa is their top tier room category, and boasts 1 large master bedroom and 3 additional bedrooms with a private ensuite bathroom for each bedroom, with a separate living room and a full kitchen. Round trip airport or port transportation and 24 hour butler service are included.
- For Families: Several categories are suitable for families of 4 or more, including the Fabulous Suite (2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 3 levels, 90 sqm, infinity pool, caldera view, up to 4 guests), the Two Bedroom Villa (2 bathroom, 1 level, 70 sqm, infinity pool, Aegean Sea view, up to 4 guests), the Three Bedroom Villa (3 bathrooms, 2 levels, playroom, 100 sqm, infinity pool, jacuzzi, caldera view, up to 6 guests), and the Four Bedroom Villa (4 bathrooms, kitchen, 160 sqm, 2 infinity pools, caldera view, up to 8 guests).
Andronis Concept Wellness Resort – Local Transport
- Walking: The hotel is located just outside of the main village area in Imerovigli. Though it feels remote, the village’s restaurants, shops, and attractions are all within walking distance, 5 to 25 minutes away along the Oia-Fira hiking trail.
- Bus: The nearest bus stop is in Imerovigli village, a 12-minute walk from the hotel. Buses here serve all of the major villages and beaches on the island, often with a change in Fira. Tickets are bought on board and range from €1.80 to €2.50 per person in the daytime, depending on the route. Night buses (12:30 a.m. to 5:00 a.m.) run less frequently and cost a little more, from €2.30 to €3.10. Buses can get very crowded, especially during the high season, so much so that they often fill to capacity and are unable to take on more passengers. There are only 23 public buses serving the island.
- Taxis: The nearest taxi stand is at Stathmos Taxi, all the way down in Fira, so not very practical to walk or bus to. Plus, there is often a wait here as there are only 25 taxis serving the entire island (with guests from about 1,000 hotels, villas, and Airbnbs). Book ahead to avoid the wait, and have them meet you directly at the hotel. There will be a small surcharge for advanced reservations and for carrying luggage, usually just a couple of Euros. The average rate from Imerovigli to Fira is roughly €15, and from Imerovigli to the airport or port is around €25 to €35.
- Scooters/Motorcycles: Scooters are the main mode of transportation for the locals, but if you’re unfamiliar with the terrain, it can be very dangerous. The roads here are zigzagging, hilly, narrow, and have sheer drop offs with no guardrails and no street lights in most areas. Lots of dirt roads and potholes.
- ATVs/Quads: ATVs are a fun and popular mode of transportation with tourists, but for the locals stuck driving behind them, they move too slowly and hold up traffic in an area where getting around is already a hassle. For those who don’t ride quads regularly (i.e. most people), they can be dangerous at high speeds and on turns. Crashing your ATV is a sure-fire way to ruin your vacation.
Andronis Concept Wellness Resort – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants
- Vezené: Mediterranean-Asian fusion with spectacular sunset views and a romantic ambience. Stupidly expensive but everything on the menu is absolute perfection.
- Anogi: Al fresco dining with local specialties and classic Greek dishes. Rich flavors and large portions, so come hungry.
- La Maison: Contemporary, Greek fine dining with sweeping caldera views. Food, wine, and service are all phenomenal.
- Le Moustache: Elevated Greek and Mediterranean dining, and excellent cocktails with panoramic sunset views over the caldera.
- Avocado: Traditional Greek menu, charming space, super friendly staff. Cycladic recipes and a fantastic selection of Santorinian wines.
- The Athenian House: Elegant fine dining with spectacular sunset views. Contemporary and imaginative Greek dishes incorporate modern gastronomic techniques and locally-sourced ingredients. Most of all, they’re delicious.
Best Nearby Bar
- Buddha Bar Beach: Upscale cocktail bar, restaurant, and shisha lounge with views over Skaros Rock to the caldera. Pricey but on point.
Best Nearby Cafe
- Hlios Bakery: Good coffee, basic pastries, and deli sandwiches. Not exceptional, but they’re cheap, and they deliver (cash only for deliveries).
Nearby Shopping & Cool Shops
- Pegasus Boutique: Next to the hotel of the same name, this little boutique offers clothing, shoes, swimwear, and accessories by Greek designers.
- Under a Fig Tree: Upscale boutique featuring Greek-designed fashion, accessories, and swimwear right on the Oia-Fira trail.
- Oia-Fira Hiking Trail: One of the top attractions on the island is this scenic 10.5 km hiking trail connecting Oia and Fira. A mix of sidewalk, cobblestones, and dirt trail, this route boasts gorgeous vistas the entire way. Hiking northwest, the full length of the path from the hotel to Oia Castle takes from 2 to 4 hours; heading south to the trail’s end in Fira, near Keti Hotel, takes about 30-40 minutes. Add about an hour for a detour at Skaros Rock either way. 1-minute walk from the hotel.
- Imerovigli Basketball Court: Not an attraction, but good to know. This is the main parking area in Imerovigli.
- Anastasi Church: The most picturesque, blue-domed church in Imerovigli offers gorgeous caldera views overlooking Skaros Rock. Popular for weddings and photo shoots.
- Agios Georgios Church: Small white church on a platform over the caldera, marking the start of the trail to Skaros Rock. Gorgeous, panoramic views from here.
- Skaros Rock: Impressive volcanic rock formation housing the ruins of a medieval castle and town, dating to 1207. The monastery at its base, Panagia Theoskepasti, is the only part of Skaros that is still active.
Nearby Markets or Grocery Stores
- Jimmy’s Market Cava: Market and deli with a great selection (especially the wines), plus great coffee and breakfast sandwiches (more consistent and better quality breakfasts than Hlios, but they don’t deliver).
- Supermarket Nissi: The friendliest market in the area, and usually the best prices in Imerovigli.
Andronis Concept Wellness Resort – The Hotel