- Astra Suites is one of my 5 favorite hotels in Santorini.
- Incredible caldera and sunset views.
- Friendly service and luxurious rooms.
Review of Astra Suites
Beautifully located on a superb stretch of the caldera, Astra looks out towards Oia and the sunset with the caldera cliffs perched all around. Suites and rooms are some of the most luxurious on the island. Two great restaurants are steps from the front gate and half-dozen more are within a 10 minute walk. The pool is not huge but generous by Santorini standards and many suites have private hot tubs.
– A wide range of room options spread over 7 levels in total
– Studio, Junior Suite, Senior Suite, Family Suite, Superior Suite, Honeymoon Jacuzzi suite, Pool suite, Architect’s house
– New private Astra Villa (pool suite) brand new for 2017
– Excellent facilities: one of the best on Santorini
– One restaurant – the Astra Restaurant located at mid-level (Mediterranean/Greek fusion cuisine)
– Private dining may be ordered on guest’s own patio
– Breakfast brought to guest’s private patios
– One heated infinity pool. Heated in shoulder seasons only.
– Pool bar available for drinks.
– Health Wellness Spa and Relaxation Area (operates 09:00 to 21:00)
– Can be hard to ‘find’ as it is located down the slope of the caldera rim with only a small sign to announce it. Best to call ahead to get the luggage porter to meet your arrival.
– Resort offers transfer by minivan
Photos of Astra Suites in Santorini
• Tag your photos with #santorinidave and #astrasuites – I’ll post the best.