Updated: August 1, 2017
- Canaves Oia is one of my five favorite hotels in Santorini. Stunning!
- Privacy, luxury, amazing views, 5-star restaurant.
- Shops, restaurants, and sunset views are a 5 to 10 minute walk.
Review of Canaves Oia Suites and Canaves Oia Hotel
Perched in a commanding position overlooking the northern caldera rim, Canaves Oia Suites & Hotel is the most refined and luxurious place to stay in Oia. It’s important to note that the resort is composed of two sections: Canaves Oia Suites and Canaves Oia Hotel. Both are phenomenal but there are important distinctions, most importantly location: Oia Suites is connected to central Oia by the a direct footpath. Oia Hotel is separated from the central footpath by a few hundred feet so that when guests set out for the town center they need to walk along the road for a one or two minute stretch (not a big deal but a little bit of a hassle nonetheless). The Suites are definitely more luxurious than The Hotel and where you’ll find the larger pool, the top notch restaurant, and an elevator. While The Hotel has a brand new cave infinity pool and swim up bar (though space for loungers is much more limited at The Hotel).
Good restaurants near Canaves Oia: Passaggio Cafe (best coffee in Oia, simple snacks, 20 second walk) • Ambrosia (romantic with stunning caldera views, 5 minute walk) • Roka (traditional Greek food, 10 minute walk) • Ammoudi Fish Taverna (fresh seafood, 20 minute walk)
– Canaves is composed of two sections Canaves Suites (larger section, closer to town, super luxurious) and Canaves Hotel (smaller, more intimate and boutiquey).
– Eight possible room options ranging from 35 sq. m. in size to 60 sq. m. (Junior and Superior suites, Honeymoon and River Pool suites, Grand and Infinity Pool Suite, Private Pool and Presidential Suite)
– All decorated in white and creams
– In-house Petra Restaurant is amazing (located at Canaves Suites). Open lunch and dinner. Mediterranean/Greek cuisine
– Poolside annex serves snacks and drinks all day
– Exclusive Panorama Balcony dining experience with one table only and exceptional caldera view. (Reserve far in advance.)
– Wine cellar for oenophiles
– In-room dining available for all guests
– In-house spa centre and yoga classes. Fitness gym.
Photos of Canaves Oia Hotel & Suites
• Tag your photos with #santorinidave and #canaves – I’ll post the best.