• Affiliate Disclosure: All hotel links on my site are affiliate links meaning I earn a small fee when you book a hotel. (There is never any extra cost to you for using these links).
• Charitable Giving: I use some of these earnings for my monthly donation.
• Updates: Get my free newsletter and all new travel guides, maps & hotel reviews.
Cosmopolitan Suites – Stylish, luxury boutique hotel with an infinity pool, chic suites, and sweeping caldera views in the heart of Fira.
This small, upscale hotel offers expansive caldera views from the infinity pool, bar, and in all room types. Rooms, suites, and the villa are all spacious and beautifully appointed, most with private balconies and some with indoor or outdoor private jacuzzis. Food and drinks are outstanding at their all-day pool bar and restaurant, which also prepares the delicious complimentary breakfasts and 24-hour room service menu. Service is friendly and personalized.
Cosmopolitan Suites – Video
Cosmopolitan Suites – Location
- Area: Absolutely gorgeous location in Fira, with unobstructed caldera views from overlooking the volcanoes and toward Akrotiri and Thirassia Island. The hotel sits near the top of the caldera, just a short walk to the nightlife, dining, shopping, and attractions of Fira. The Central Bus Station is only 6 minutes away, making this an ideal spot for exploring the rest of the island.
- How to Get There: Cosmopolitan Suites is located near the top of the caldera in Fira, just off the main walking path and the main road connecting Fira with the rest of the island, making it easy to reach by bus, taxi, or driving yourself. There are always buses at the ferry port for every ferry arrival, as well as buses departing hourly from Santorini airport. All buses stop in Fira. The entire trip from port or airport to Fira should take around 25 minutes (longer if there is traffic). Taxis are also available from the port or airport, though there are only about 25 taxis in total serving the whole island, so there is often a long wait; schedule ahead to avoid this – or rent a car. A taxi from the airport to Cosmopolitan Suites should be about €15 to €20, and a taxi from the ferry port to Cosmopolitan Suites should be about €10 to €15. There will be a small surcharge for luggage or for booking in advance. If renting a car, there are several free parking lots within a 4 to 9-minute walk of the property.
- Handy to: The Oia-Fira Hiking Trail (1-minute walk), Orthodox Metropolitan Cathedral (5-minute walk), Fira nightlife, dining, and shopping (2-minute walk).
Map of Cosmopolitan Suites
Cosmopolitan Suites – The Basics
- Ages: Cosmopolitan Suites is an adults-only hotel, open to guests 13 years and older. Guests tend to be couples, especially honeymooners, from 25 to 50 years old.
- Beach: The nearest beach is Exo Gialos, a quiet, black sand beach with intriguing wind-sculpted cliffs at its southern end. The best beach bar and restaurant there is East Breeze, just a few meters from the cliffs (10-minute drive). The north end has a small harbor and another great beach bar and restaurant called Yalos (9-minute drive). From the hotel, it’s a short 3.8 km drive to the north end or 4.2 km to the south end, where the cliffs are.
- View: Expansive views over the caldera centered on the volcanoes and including Akrotiri and Thirassia Island. Sunsets are visible from all private terraces, the pool, and bar. The hotel faces slightly southwest, so sunsets are partially obscured at some terraces by a rocky prominence to the northwest during certain times of the year. For direct sunset views from all terraces, visit in April, May, or October.
- Kitchen: No rooms have a kitchenette but all rooms have a wet bar.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: The Cosmo and Cosmopolitan Suites have indoor jacuzzis, and the Honeymoon Suites have private, outdoor jacuzzis.
- Parking: There is free parking in the public lot nearby.
- Extras: 24-hour room service, 24-hour reception, twice daily maid service, in-room massage, concierge, wine tasting, portable Bluetooth speaker.
- When to Book: The hotel usually operates from April 1 to October 31. Reserve at least 4 months in advance (6 months is better) for stays during high season from June through September, and about 3 months in advance for the low and shoulder seasons.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +30 22860 25632
- Email: [email protected], [email protected]
- Website: cosmopolitan-santorini.com
Cosmopolitan Suites – Amenities
- Pool: Unheated infinity pool perched on the caldera’s edge with expansive views over the volcanoes to Akrotiri and Thirassia Island.
- Spa: There is no spa onsite, but the hotel offers in-room massage on request.
- Fitness Center: No gym.
- For Disabled Guests: This is a caldera hotel with lots of steps and no elevators. It is not suitable for guests with mobility issues.
- For Families: Cosmopolitan Suites is an adults-only hotel, open to guests 13 years and older only. There are no amenities or facilities for children.
- Activities: Wine tastings and in-room massage can be arranged on request. The concierge team is happy to coordinate yacht cruises, helicopter tours and transfers, as well as wine, diving, archaeology, food, or photography tours.
Cosmopolitan Suites – Food and Drink
- Restaurant: The 4-table Pool Bar Restaurant is open all day for drinks, while the kitchen only serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner during certain hours. The menu is small but excellent, serving Greek and international light bites for lunch and dinner, and hearty al la carte breakfasts every morning. Ingredients are super fresh and high quality.
- Lounge/Bar: The Pool Bar serves drinks all day until late in the evening.
- Breakfast: A complimentary a la carte breakfast is served every day to each suite at the time of your choosing between 8 am and 11 am (early breakfasts can be arranged on request).
- Room Service: Available 24 hours a day.
Cosmopolitan Suites – Rooms
- Room Types: Cosmo Standard • Cosmo Superior • Cosmo Suite • Cosmo Honeymoon • Cosmopolitan Suite • Cosmo Villa
- Smoking Rooms: The hotel does not allow smoking in any of their room categories. Smoking is allowed on the private outdoor terraces and in the outdoor common areas.
- Best Room: The best rooms for couples are the Cosmo Honeymoon and the Cosmopolitan Suite. Both suites feature king-sized beds and amazing caldera views. The open-plan Cosmo Honeymoon offers 30 sqm and a private, outdoor jacuzzi, while the 1-bedroom Cosmopolitan Suite offers 44 sqm and an indoor jacuzzi.
- For Families: This is an adults-only hotel open for guests 13 years and older. There are no amenities or facilities for children. For families with older kids, the Cosmo Villa is the best option. The villa sleeps up to 6 guests and is split over 2 floors with 2 king-sized bedrooms, a separate living area with 2 sofa beds, and 2 bathrooms.
Cosmopolitan Suites – Local Transport
- Walking: The hotel is located in the heart of Fira, right above the caldera and on the Oia-Fira hiking trail. The island’s best restaurants, bars, shops, and attractions await just a few meters away. Fira is the best village for walking, as nearly everything anyone could want can be found within 5 minutes in any direction.
- Bus: The Central Bus Station in Fira, a 6-minute walk from the hotel, is Santorini’s bus hub. All routes to the port, airport, beaches, and other villages travel through Fira, making this a super convenient spot for exploring the whole island. Tickets are bought on board and range from €1.80 to €2.50 per person in the daytime, depending on the route. Night buses (12:30 am to 5 am) run less frequently and cost a little more, from €2.30 to €3.10. Buses can get very crowded, especially during the high season, so much so that they often fill to capacity and are unable to take on more passengers. There are only 23 public buses serving the island.
- Taxis: The nearest taxi stand is at Stathmos Taxi in Fira, about 5 minutes away on foot. There is often a wait here as there are only 25 taxis serving the entire island (with guests from about 1,000 hotels, villas, and Airbnbs). Book ahead to avoid the wait, and have the driver meet you closer to the hotel. There will be a small surcharge for advanced reservations and for carrying luggage, usually just a couple of Euros. The average rate from Fira to the port is between €10 to €15, and from Fira to the airport is around €15 to €20.
- Scooters/Motorcycles: Just don’t, unless you’re Evel Knievel! Scooters are the main mode of transportation for the locals, but if you’re unfamiliar with the terrain, it can be very dangerous. The roads here are zigzagging, hilly, narrow, and have sheer drop-offs with no guardrails and no street lights in most areas. Lots of dirt roads and potholes.
- ATVs: This is a super popular mode of transportation with tourists, but the locals absolutely hate them. They move too slowly and hold up traffic in an area where getting around is already a hassle. ATVs with smaller motors have been banned from the roads, and a full ban is expected to pass soon.
Cosmopolitan Suites – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants
- Idol Restaurant: All-day restaurant serving elevated versions of traditional Santorinian dishes with 3 dining terraces and panoramic views. 1-minute walk.
- Momo: Brand new, casual, Indian and Thai restaurant with a clay tandoori oven and fantastic curries. 3-minute walk.
- Ouzeri: Exceptional spot for meze (Greek tapas), offering a modern take on traditional Santorinian flavors and Mediterranean favorites. 4-minute walk.
- Argo Restaurant: Argo features a rich menu of Santorinian and Mediterranean flavors with modern, international influences. With amazing views over the caldera, this is a popular spot for sunset dining. Reserve in advance to ensure a view table. 4-minute walk.
- Lucky’s Souvlakis: Hands-down the very best gyros in Santorini. Eating at Lucky’s is an absolute must when in Santorini. Authentic, filling, and affordable. 4-minute walk.
- Pelican Kipos: Stellar, wine-centric restaurant with over 600 varieties of local and international wines in a charming garden setting. Wine tastings and cellar tours available daily. 4-minute walk.
- Falafeland: Top-notch vegetarian and vegan street food spot with amazing falafel and veggie burgers, and cozy outdoor seating. There are a handful of meat dishes here too, which are prepared separately from the vegetarian/vegan items. 5-minute walk.
- Aktaion: The oldest taverna on the island, Aktaion has been serving authentic Santorinian flavors since 1922. 12-minute walk.
- Mylos Bar Restaurant: Modern Greek restaurant with a creative menu and plenty of vegetarian options located in a picturesque windmill with caldera views. 13-minute walk.
Best Nearby Bars and Breweries
- Casablanca Soul Bar: With house and deep house DJs or a live band every night, tasty cocktails, and a truly friendly staff, Casablanca is always a favorite for locals and travelers alike. 2-minute walk.
- Kira Thira Jazz Bar: A Santorinian standby since 1976, Kira Thira is a cozy, casual bar with fantastic sangria, strong drinks, and an eclectic selection of music. 2-minute walk.
- Enigma Club: The oldest dance club in Santorini (since 1979), Enigma opens late and keeps the party going until 7 the next morning. A hotspot for visiting celebrity DJs who spin the best dance music from Greek and international artists. 3-minute walk.
- Two Brothers: Open almost all day, from 10 am to 6 am the next day, Two Brothers is almost 2 different bars in the daytime versus the night. During the day, the bar is quiet and chill, with basic drinks and a solid 2-for-1 happy hour. Late nights, it becomes the wildest bar in Santorini: crowded, crazy, loud, and fun. 3-minute walk.
- Tropical Bar: Great cocktails and a magnificent view make this a popular spot for catching the sunset. The drinks menu strips down to basic offerings after sundown, but at happy hours (9 pm to 11 pm), all cocktails are half price. Aussies take note: they sell VB here. 3-minute walk.
- PK Cocktail Bar: The best bar in Santorini, PK Cocktail Bar offers superb sunset views, creative cocktails, and 3 levels of seating in the caldera. 4-minute walk.
- MoMix: Half bar, half mad science lab, MoMix (short for Molecular Mixology) creates wild cocktails served in test tubes, as edible bites or in bubble form. 4-minute walk.
- Tango Champagne and Cocktail Bar: Refined lounge with a romantic vibe and picture-perfect sunset views. 4-minute walk.
- Franco’s Bar: Well-known for gorgeous views and delicious drinks, Franco’s is one of the best spots to take in the Fira sunset. 5-minute walk.
- Volkan on the Rocks: Great brewpub in Firostefani with amazing views and an outdoor cinema. 8-minute walk.
Best Nearby Cafes
- Enigma Café: Excellent café with fantastic coffee and cocktails, plus simple and delicious breakfast and sandwiches. 4-minute walk.
- Coffee Island: Off the main tourist track, this little shop has fantastic coffee drinks (maybe the only spot you can get a flat white in Santorini), a great selection of coffee by the kilo, and absolutely the best prices. 6-minute walk.
Nearby Shopping & Cool Shops
- White House Santorini: Specialty shop for all-white summer garb for men, women, and children. Located across the walking path from Idol Restaurant in Fira. 1-minute walk.
- Little Dot: Trendy boutique offering men’s and women’s street, surf, and swim wear. 1-minute walk.
- Noi: Upscale women’s boutique offering elegant summer clothing, shoes, and accessories on Santorini’s famous Gold Street. 2-minute walk.
- Caldera Jewelry/Golden Santorini: Right across from Noi, Golden Santorini/Caldera Jewelry has offered fine gold and precious stone jewelry since 1976. 2-minute walk.
- Ammos: This shop has 2 locations in Fira, 1 in Kamari, and 1 in Oia. All offer a wide selection of international and Greek brands. 3-minute walk to either of the Fira locations.
- Spicy Boutique and The Lace: These sister boutiques are located right next door to each other in the heart of Fira. Both shops sell Greek-designed women’s clothing and accessories. Spicy offers edgier styles, while The Lace caters toward a femme crowd. 3-minute walk.
- The White: Across from Spicy, The White is a luxury boutique selling hand-crafted clothing and footwear by Santorinian designer Sophia H. 3-minute walk.
- Drakkar Santorini: International and Greek designer-brand clothing for women. 3-minute walk.
- Isia: High-end, women’s clothing and accessories with unique pieces inspired by traditional Greek designs. You can find it on the footpath next door to Cava Mejjo. 3-minute walk.
- Nick the Greek: One of the oldest jewelry shops in Santorini, Nick the Greek sells fine gold jewelry and luxury watches from Greek and international brands. 4-minute walk.
- Koukla: Eclectic, artsy jewelry in a range of styles and prices. 4-minute walk.
- Oia-Fira Hiking Trail: 1-minute walk. One of the top attractions on the island is this scenic 10.5 km hiking trail connecting Oia and Fira. A mix of sidewalk, cobblestones, and dirt trail, this route boasts gorgeous vistas the entire way. Hiking northwest, the full length of the path from the hotel to Oia Castle takes about 2 hours 20 minutes (add at least 30 minutes for a detour at Skaros Rock when you head north).
- Catholic Church of St. John the Baptist: Often referred to simply as the Catholic Church, St. John’s is recognizable by its brilliant yellow and blue exterior and clock tower. 2-minute walk.
- Old Port of Fira: A.K.A. Fira Skala, the Old Port has a few tavernas, shops, and pretty sea views. The only connections from the port to the village are the cable cars, donkeys, or walking up the 587 steps. Nowadays, the Old Port is mostly used by cruise ship passengers, arriving daily by the thousands in the high season. To avoid the largest crowds, plan excursions around the cruise ship calendar. The beginning of the stairway down is a 4-minute walk away, plus 16 more minutes to hike down.
- Orthodox Metropolitan Cathedral: This imposing cathedral dominates the main square in Fira. Fully renovated after the ’56 earthquake, this landmark church is surrounded by a series of grand archways, and is adorned with frescoed walls and ceilings inside in gold and vivid colors. 5-minute walk.
- Skaros Rock: Impressive volcanic rock formation housing the ruins of a medieval castle and town, dating to 1207. The monastery at its base, Panagia Theoskepasti, is the only part of Skaros that is still active. The trailhead leading to Skaros begins at Agios Georgios Church in Imerovigli. 42-minute walk.
Nearby Markets or Grocery Stores
- Sklavenitis Supermarket: Great little market with friendly staff and a good selection of produce, snacks, drinks, and more at a fair price. 7-minute walk.
- Green Market Organics: Small but well-stocked grocery store in Fira with specialty items (gluten-free, lactose-free, vegan, etc.), organic, and local products. 8-minute walk.
Cosmopolitan Suites – The Hotel
- Anteliz Suites – Review
- Belvedere Suites – Review
- Homeric Poems – Review
- The Tsitouras Collection – Review
- Above Blue Suites – Review
- Absolute Bliss – Review
- Aenaon Villas – Review
- Andronis Concept Wellness – Review
- Astra Suites – Review
- Cavo Tagoo – Review
- Chromata Santorini – Review
- Grace Santorini – Review
- Heliotopos Hotel – Review
- Honeymoon Petra Villas – Review
- Iconic Santorini – Review
- Remezzo Villas – Review
- San Antonio – Review
- Santorini Princess Spa Hotel – Review
- Sophia Luxury Suites – Review
- Tamarix Del Mar – Review
- Vedema Resort – Review
- 270 Oia’s View – Review
- Andronis Boutique Hotel – Review
- Andronis Luxury Suites – Review
- Anemomilos Hotel and Villas – Review
- Canaves Hotel – Review
- Canaves Suites – Review
- Elysian Suites – Review
- Esperas Santorini – Review
- Gabbiano Apartments – Review
- Ikies Traditional Houses – Review
- Katikies – Review
- Kirini Santorini – Review
- Maregio Suites – Review
- Myst Boutique Hotel – Review
- Mystique Hotel – Review
- Mythique Villas and Suites – Review
- Oia Castle Luxury Suites – Review
- Perivolas Hotel – Review
- Santo Maris Oia – Review
- White Pearl Villas – Review
- Zoe Aegeas Traditional Houses – Review
- Meltemi Village – Review
- Istoria Hotel – Review
- Carpe Diem Santorini – Review