See Also: The Best Hotels in Santorini
Santorini Princess Spa Hotel – Luxury hotel with spectacular views, free-form pool, and cave spa.
An intimate hotel located on the very edge of the caldera with magnificent views of the entire length of the island from Oia to Akrotiri, plus Thirassia Island and the new volcano. With a focus on wellness, the hotel offers a full-service spa with a jacuzzi, sauna, and cave-style treatment room, with the option of having spa services done outdoors overlooking the caldera. Rooms are designed and decorated in a contemporary style with Cycladic influences, black and white marble floors, and cool silver tones; all with caldera views. Their modern Greek kitchen makes exceptional meals, and the lounge is the perfect spot for a sunset cocktail. Although a luxury property, service never feels too formal; the staff takes care to make each guest feel truly at home. Popular for weddings and proposals.
Santorini Princess Spa Hotel – Location
- Area: Absolutely gorgeous location, among the very best views on the island, though it may feel remote to some. The hotel is in a very quiet area, just north of Imerovigli village, a 23-minute walk or 5-minute drive to the beginning of the village and its restaurants and attractions.
- How to Get There: The hotel sits on the side of the caldera, just off the main road connecting Fira and Oia. It is best to book a taxi or drive yourself to the hotel. There are always buses at the ferry port for every arrival, as well as buses departing hourly from Santorini airport (both buses will stop in Fira from where you’ll get a different bus to Imerovigli – the entire trip from port or airport to Imerovigli will take at least an hour). From the nearest bus stop, it’s a 4-minute walk to the hotel. Taxis are also available at the port or airport, though there are only about 25 taxis in total serving the whole island, so there is often a long wait; schedule ahead to avoid this – or rent a car. A taxi from the airport to Santorini Princess will cost roughly €25. A taxi from the ferry port to Santorini Princess will cost roughly €30. For those driving themselves, Santorini Princess offers free valet parking (a major perk).
- Handy to: The Oia-Fira Hiking Trail (1-minute walk), OVAC Restaurant and Bar at Cavo Tagoo (4-minute walk).
Map of Santorini Princess Spa Hotel
Santorini Princess Spa Hotel – The Basics
- Ages: An adults-only hotel, guests 12 and older only are allowed. Guests tend to be couples celebrating their honeymoon, anniversary, or getting married here. Most guests are over 35 years old, except in July and August, when the age skews a few years younger.
- Beach: The nearest beach is Koloumpos Beach, about 6.5 km northeast. But Exo Gialos is a better beach and not much farther, just 5.5 km to the north end or 7.4 km to the south end’s impressive wind-sculpted cliffs.
- View: Unbeatable caldera views from every room in the hotel, from Oia to Akrotiri and everything in between.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: The Honeymoon Suite has a private, outdoor jacuzzi on its terrace, heated in April, May, and October.
- Parking: Free parking onsite.
- Extras: Welcome drink and snack (usually wine and baklava), fewer steps than most caldera hotels, weddings and events, and a chapel (anyone can enter, but only Orthodox weddings can be performed in the chapel).
- When to Book: The hotel operates from late April/early May until the end of October. Reserve as early as possible, at least 6 months in advance. This is a small hotel and incredibly popular. It sells out fast.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +30 22860 25870
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: santoriniprincess.com
Santorini Princess Spa Hotel – Amenities
- Pool: Free-form pool with caldera views. Heated in April, May, and October.
- Spa: Full-service spa in a traditional Santorinian cave with a jacuzzi, sauna, and extensive service menu for face and body, plus couples’ treatment packages.
- Fitness Center: No gym onsite, but they partner with a nearby hotel for guests to use their gym.
- For Disabled Guests: This hotel has fewer stairs than most hotels in the caldera, but it is not wheelchair accessible. It is fine for people with mild issues going up and down stairs, if staying in a ground floor room; there are no elevators.
- For Families: An adults-only hotel, only ages 12 and older are allowed. There are no special amenities for children. There are 2-bedroom/2-bathroom apartments for groups of up to 4 guests.
Santorini Princess Spa Hotel – Food and Drink
- Restaurant: Santorini Princess’ restaurant is open all day, from 8:00 a.m. until 12:00 a.m. (kitchen closes at 11:00), serving breakfast, lunch, dinner, and cocktails. The menu spotlights modern Greek fare, and the flavors are beyond excellent.
- Lounge/Bar: The lounge area sits above the pool with amazing caldera views, perfect for sunsets. Solid cocktails menu with unique signature blends and well-made standards. The lounge area is part of the restaurant, so it’s operated on the same schedule, and you can order food here.
- Breakfast: Complimentary breakfast buffet from 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. served in the Breakfast Room. Fantastic spread of Greek specialties alongside familiar favorites.
- Room Service: Available all day at no additional charge.
Santorini Princess Spa Hotel – Rooms
- Room Types: Apartment for Two • Apartment for Three • Superior Apartment • Apartment for Four • Honeymoon Suite (Accommodations here are called apartments, but they are more similar to junior suites as they do not offer kitchenettes, but do have seating areas.)
- Smoking Rooms: The hotel does not allow smoking in any of their rooms. Smoking is allowed on the private terraces and in the outdoor common areas.
- Best Room: The Honeymoon Suite is a spacious 65 sqm, and is the only room type with an outdoor jacuzzi (heated in April, May, and October) with views of the caldera and volcano. Designed in a cave style with some exposed natural rock, this romantic room features a hand-shaped, arched ceiling, and a 4-poster canopy bed.
- For Families: An adults-only hotel, guests must be at least 12 years old to stay. There are no special amenities for children, but they do have 2 larger suites with 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, and 75 sqm each, which can accommodate up to 4 guests.
Santorini Princess Spa Hotel – Local Transport
- Walking: Santorini Princess is located at the northern edge of Imerovigli, right on the Oia-Fira Trail. The nearest restaurant is OVAC, at neighboring Cavo Tagoo hotel, just 4 minutes’ walk southeast of Santorini Princess. 10 minutes south is a traditional restaurant, Taverna Tasos. Walk 23 minutes south to reach Imerovigli village; all of the restaurants, attractions, and boutiques in the village are accessible on foot within 20-30 minutes of the hotel.
- Bus: The nearest bus stop is on the main Fira-Oia road, just across from Cavo Tagoo Hotel – a 4-minute walk from Santorini Princess. Passing buses go north to Oia and south to Firostefani, and Fira. From Fira you need to change buses for the other major villages and beaches on the island. Buses here serve all of the major villages and beaches on the island, often with a change in Fira. Tickets are bought on board and range from €1.80 to €2.50 per person in the daytime, depending on the route. Night buses (12:30 a.m. to 5:00 a.m.) run less frequently and cost a little more, from €2.30 to €3.10. Buses can get very crowded, especially during the high season, so much so that they often fill to capacity and are unable to take on more passengers. There are only 23 public buses serving the island.
- Taxis: The nearest taxi stand is at Stathmos Taxi, all the way down in Fira, so not very practical to walk or bus to. Plus, there is often a wait here as there are only 25 taxis serving the entire island (with guests from about 1,000 hotels, villas, and Airbnbs). Book ahead to avoid the wait, and have them meet you directly at the hotel. There will be a small surcharge for advanced reservations and for carrying luggage, usually just a couple of Euros. The average rate from Imerovigli to Fira is roughly €10, and from Imerovigli to the airport or port is around €20.
- Scooters/Motorcycles: Just don’t, unless you’re Evel Knievel! Scooters are the main mode of transportation for the locals, but if you’re unfamiliar with the terrain, it can be very dangerous. The roads here are zigzagging, hilly, narrow, and have sheer drop-offs with no guardrails and no street lights in most areas. Lots of dirt roads and potholes.
- ATVs: This is a super popular mode of transportation with tourists, but the locals absolutely hate them. They move too slowly and hold up traffic in an area where getting around is already a hassle. ATVs with smaller motors have been banned from the roads, and a full ban is expected to pass soon.
Santorini Princess Spa Hotel – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants
- OVAC: Mediterranean-Asian fusion with spectacular sunset views and a romantic ambiance. Stupidly expensive, but everything on the menu is absolute perfection. 4-minute walk.
- Le Moustache: Elevated Greek and Mediterranean dining and excellent cocktails with panoramic sunset views over the caldera. 22-minute walk.
- Avocado: Traditional Greek menu, charming space, super friendly staff. Cycladic recipes and a fantastic selection of Santorinian wines. 25-minute walk.
- Anogi: Al fresco dining with local specialties and classic Greek dishes. Rich flavors and large portions, so come hungry. 26-minute walk.
- The Athenian House: Elegant fine dining with spectacular sunset views. Contemporary and imaginative Greek dishes incorporate modern gastronomic techniques and locally-sourced ingredients. Most of all, they’re delicious. 29-minute walk.
- La Maison: Contemporary, Greek fine dining with sweeping caldera views. Food, wine, and service are all phenomenal. 31-minute walk.
Best Nearby Bars and Breweries
Best Nearby Cafes
Nearby Shopping & Cool Shops
- Oia-Fira Hiking Trail: One of the top attractions on the island is this scenic 10.5 km hiking trail connecting Oia and Fira. A mix of sidewalk, cobblestones, and dirt trail, this route boasts gorgeous vistas the entire way. Hiking the full length of the path from Santorini Princess takes 1 hour 35 minutes to Oia Castle, or 50 minutes to the trail’s end in Fira, near Keti Hotel (add at least 15 minutes for a detour at Skaros Rock). 1-minute walk.
- Imerovigli Basketball Court: Not an attraction, but good to know. This is the main parking area in Imerovigli. 26-minute walk.
- Anastasi Church: The most picturesque, blue-domed church in Imerovigli offers gorgeous caldera views overlooking Skaros Rock. Popular for weddings and photo shoots. 30-minute walk.
- Agios Georgios Church: Small white church on a platform over the caldera, marking the start of the trail to Skaros Rock. Gorgeous, panoramic views from here. 30-minute walk or 7-minute drive.
- Skaros Rock: Impressive volcanic rock formation housing the ruins of a medieval castle and town, dating back to 1207. The monastery at its base, Panagia Theoskepasti, is the only part of Skaros that is still active. 33-minute walk to the trailhead; 7-minutes from there to reach Skaros.
Nearby Markets or Grocery Stores
- Supermarket Nissi: The friendliest market in the area, and usually the best prices in Imerovigli. 28-minute walk or 5-minute drive.
- Jimmy’s Market Cava: Market and deli with a great selection (especially the wines), plus great coffee and breakfast sandwiches (more consistent and better quality breakfasts than Hlios, but they don’t deliver). 29-minute walk or 5-minute drive.
Santorini Princess Spa Hotel – The Hotel
- Anteliz Suites – Review
- Aria Suites – Review
- Athina Luxury Suites – Review
- Celestia Grand – Review
- Cosmopolitan Suites – Review
- Above Blue Suites – Review
- Absolute Bliss – Review
- Aenaon Villas – Review
- Andronis Concept Wellness – Review
- Astra Suites – Review
- Cavo Tagoo – Review
- Chromata Santorini – Review
- Grace Santorini – Review
- Heliotopos Hotel – Review
- Honeymoon Petra Villas – Review
- Iconic Santorini – Review
- Remezzo Villas – Review
- San Antonio – Review
- Sophia Luxury Suites – Review
- Tamarix Del Mar – Review
- Vedema Resort – Review
- 270 Oia’s View – Review
- Andronis Boutique Hotel – Review
- Andronis Luxury Suites – Review
- Anemomilos Hotel and Villas – Review
- Canaves Hotel – Review
- Canaves Suites – Review
- Elysian Suites – Review
- Esperas Santorini – Review
- Gabbiano Apartments – Review
- Ikies Traditional Houses – Review
- Katikies – Review
- Kirini Santorini – Review
- Maregio Suites – Review
- Myst Boutique Hotel – Review
- Mystique Hotel – Review
- Mythique Villas and Suites – Review
- Oia Castle Luxury Suites – Review
- Perivolas Hotel – Review
- Santo Maris Oia – Review
- White Pearl Villas – Review
- Zoe Aegeas Traditional Houses – Review
- Meltemi Village – Review
- Istoria Hotel – Review
- Carpe Diem Santorini – Review