Santorini Villas – Where to Stay
- Best Villa in Santorini: Villa with Private Pool at Grace Santorini in Imerovigli is the best luxury villa in Santorini.
- Best Villa in Oia: Oia Mansion – incredible sunset views, sleeps 4 to 8 people. This is one of my favorite places to stay on Santorini. Feels more like a home than a hotel villa, though also is closer to 4-star than pure luxury like some of the other places.
- Best Villa in Fira: Aria Villas – I love these villas. Great views and wonderful luxurious suites.
- Stay in a villa if you’re in Santorini for longer than 4 or 5 days – or are traveling with a large group. The best hotels in Santorini are stunning and not many villas can match them for luxury, convenience, caldera views, or private pools.
- Booking.com – the best site to use for renting villas. Like with booking hotels, the site has verified guest reviews so you’re not reading fake reviews written by the owners.
- Most private villas are located in Oia. Villas in Fira and Imerovigli tend to be part of a hotel.
- Check and double check the location of any villa. Many look like they’re close to the main towns (or close to the beach) but are located in the middle of nowhere. Which can be fine, but obviously good to know what you’re getting. If you can’t get a good feel on where it’s located ask me and I’ll take a look.
- Book early. People plan trips to Santorini months (sometimes years) in advance. Hotels fill early in the year, and villas get booked even earlier.
- If you’re paying the owner upon arrival you’ll sometimes need to pay cash, even if you booked online and used a credit card to reserve the villa.
- Weddings and wedding receptions are common at villas and rental homes. If you need more info ask the owner.
- Is AirBnb good for Santorini? Yes and no. Few of them are right on the caldera with good views. Airbnb (and VRBO) are good if you’re looking for inexpensive places to stay without a caldera view. If you do see a good place with a caldera view it’s often a hotel listing some of their rooms on Airbnb (and usually charging more).
The 26 Best Villas in Santorini
Most of these rentals have full kitchens. Most have internet (free wifi), washer/dryer, and either a private pool or jacuzzi. Book very early in the year as the best places fill up more than 6 months in advance.
1. Villa with Private Pool at Grace – Imerovigli
Sleeps 4 – Part of the Grace Santorini hotel but with its own private pool and huge living area and deck. It’s the best of both worlds: the convenience and service of a hotel with the privacy of a private villa. Guests have easy access to the hotel’s infinity pool with caldera views. This is the best villa on Santorini. Full Review of Grace Santorini Hotel.
2. Nafsika Estate by Vedema – Megalochori
Sleeps 10 to 12 – Ultra-luxe, super private villa with jawdropping caldera views over the volcanoes. Nafsika Estate has 5 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms, and a full kitchen; outside is a huge terrace with a jacuzzi, pool, sun deck, barbeque area, and a helipad. Butler, private chef, and arrival and departure transfer services are included in the rate. Located on the caldera near the traditional village of Megalochori in the heart of Santorini’s wine country.
3. Aria Villas – Fira
Sleeps 4 to 6 – There are four brand new one and two-bedroom villas here. Each has a private outdoor plunge pool, some have an indoor pool as well. Views are amazing. The hotel (and suites) are a one minute walk away and there’s a large pool that villa guests are welcome to use. Full Review of Aria Suites and Villas.
4. Oia Mansion – Oia
Sleeps 8 – This is a marvelous Santorini villa for families or larger groups. Great location in central Oia. Good restaurants within steps. Incredible views (one of the few villas in Oia with both caldera and sunset views). Huge kitchen and rooftop hot tub. Sonos speakers throughout house.
5. Canaves Oia Epitome – Oia
Incredible 1, 2, 3, and 5-bedroom villas with private pool. Marvelous sunset views (but no caldera views). A short (but also a little awkward) walk into Oia. Good privacy for couples and honeymooners. Full Review of Canaves Oia Epitome.
6. Villas at Andronis Arcadia – Oia
Sleeps 4 to 12 – Andronis Arcadia in Oia has a handful of luxury villas with private infinity pools and sunset sea views (not of the caldera). Two, Three, and Four Bedroom Villas spread over two floors, with an equal number of bathrooms per bedroom. Three and Four Bedroom Villas adds an outdoor jacuzzi. The 6-bedroom Eden Villa has three floors with two infinity pools, a full kitchen, spa room, and a private gym. Villa guests enjoy access to the hotel’s main pool, spa, complimentary breakfast, and excellent restaurants. Full Review of Andronis Arcadia.
7. Celestia Grand – Mesaria / South Fira
Sleeps 2 to 6 – Glamorous villa collection on the caldera’s edge south of Fira boasting direct sunset views over the volcanoes. Each villa includes a kitchenette, a private heated pool, and a spacious sun terrace. A few add outdoor jacuzzis. Services include complimentary arrival and departure transfers, an all-day shuttle to Fira, and daily breakfast delivered to each villa. Full Review of Celestia Grand Villas.
8. Aenaon Villas – North of Imerovigli
Sleeps 2 to 4 – A peaceful hideaway with an enviable perch on one of the caldera’s highest viewpoints. Aenaon Villas is made up of 6 exclusive villas built in traditional Cycladic style and decorated in a minimalist style, all with direct sunset caldera views, 1 with an outdoor jacuzzi, and 1 with a private pool. Highlights include a caldera-view pool and complimentary daily breakfast served to each villa. Full Review of Aenaon Villas.
9. Vora Villas – Imerovigli
Sleeps 2 to 3 – Contemporary villas with dramatic caldera sunset views. Spacious villas boast heated, infinity jacuzzis outside and black marble bathtubs inside. Villas Alpha and Ro feature full kitchens and a split-level. Villa Omikron is an original cave house dug deep into the caldera with a vaulted ceiling and the largest outdoor terrace. Breakfast is included, and room service is available until midnight. Excellent, walkable location in Imerovigli.
10. Eden Villas by Canaves Oia – Imerovigli
Sleeps 4 to 8 – Three exquisite villas overlooking the caldera, all with full kitchens, living and dining rooms, sun terraces, and private, heated plunge or swimming pools. A complimentary Greek breakfast is served to each villa daily. Great location at the south end of romantic Imerovigli village, easily walkable to charming Firostefani and the dining and nightlife of Fira.
11. White Pearl Villas – Oia
Sleeps 2 to 5 – Collection of 11 elegant villas in the heart of Oia, all with kitchenetes, private outdoor jacuzzis or pools, and sweeping caldera views. Villas feature traditional, cave-style design and contemporary, minimalistic decor. Excellent location in Oia, walking distance to fantastic dining, boutique shopping, and attractions. Full Review of White Pearl Villas.
12. Santorini Heights – Pyrgos
Sleeps 2 to 4 – Adults-only private villa and suites with full kitchens, wine fridges and outdoor terraces with al fresco dining tables. Suites feature outdoor jacuzzis or heated private pools; the villa has both a jacuzzi and heated pool. The property boasts its own garden, growing vegetables used in the daily breakfast, and a vineyard for their own wine production. Located high up in traditional Pyrgos village, Santorini Heights offers a tranquil getaway with panoramic views over the sea and countryside.
13. 3-Bedroom Villa at Canaves Oia Suites – Oia
Sleeps 7 – Huge wonderful private villa with pool and caldera views (but no sunset view). You can see video of the layout in my full review of Canaves Oia Suites.
14. Mythique Villas Santorini – Finikia
Sleeps 2 to 5 – Luxurious 1 to 3-bedroom villas with caldera views, private pools, and floor to ceiling windows in a quiet neighborhood just outside of Oia. A la carte breakfast is served to each villa. Service is excellent, especially the exclusive experiences arranged by the concierge. Great location less than a 5-minute walk to the beginning of Oia village and about a 15-minute walk to the marble pedestrian path with tons of restaurants and shops. Full Review of Mythique Villas.
15. Windmill Villas – Imerovigli
Sleeps 6 – Authentic Santorinian windmill two-bedroom villas have full kitchens and private jetted pools. Located on the eastern slope of the island, near Imerovigli.
16. Virginia’s Traditional Cave Houses – Oia
Sleeps 2-5 – Attached villas in a great Oia location, tucked in a quiet corner but close to the sunset view point; most with private hot tubs.
17. Pegasus Villas – Imerovigli
Sleeps 7 – Villa privacy with hotel convenience; private pools, breakfast delivered daily, on-site restaurant and wine bar.
18. Onar Villas – Oia
Sleeps 2 or 4 – One- or two-bedroom villas with hot tubs, caldera views, and breakfast served daily on your terrace.
19. Kastro Oia Houses – Oia
Sleeps 2 or 4 – Traditional cave villas near Oia Castle; hot tubs, daily breakfast, and on-site restaurant.
20. Fira White Residences – Fira
Sleeps 6 – Two bedroom villa with jacuzzi terrace, centrally-located in Fira with excellent caldera views.
21. Olia Villa – Imerovigli
Sleeps 6 – Three bedrooms, each with a private bathroom; pool, full kitchen, great caldera views from the rooftop terrace.
22. Blue Canaves Luxury Villa – Oia
Sleeps 2 – Quiet Oia location, just down from shops and restaurants; daily breakfast, indoor hot tub, and view terrace.
23. Blue Angel Villa – Fira
Sleeps 9 – Spacious three-bedroom cave villa tucked away in central Fira; indoor hot tub, kitchen, rooftop jacuzzi.
24. Villa Ariadni – Oia
Sleeps 4 – Charming Oia sunset view villas with one or two bedrooms, kitchenettes, and furnished balconies.
25. Anemi House & Villas – Oia
Sleep 2-8 – Oia cave villas with private hot tub, plunge pool, or sunset view from your balcony.
26. Anema Residences – Imerovigli
Sleeps 4 – One- and two-bedroom self-catering villas with sea and countrtyside views, many with private pools. Quiet location on the east slope of the island near Vourvoulos beach.