• Affiliate Disclosure: All hotel links on my site are affiliate links meaning I earn a small fee when you book a hotel. (There is never any extra cost to you for using these links). I use some of these earnings for my monthly charitable donation.
Santorini Airbnb, Villas, & Vacation Homes
- Where to Stay in Santorini: My favorite towns are Imerovigli, Oia, and Fira. All have amazing caldera views.
- Best Villas in Santorini: Aria Villas (Fira) • Oia Mansion (Oia) • Grace Villa with Private Pool (Imerovigli)
- Best Santorini Hotels: Grace Santorini • Katikies • Canaves • Cavo Tagoo
- I don’t recommend using Airbnb.com for Santorini Villas as there are few good rentals, their location is often not ideal, and the best places are usually hotels that have better rates on Booking.com (and a more flexible cancellation policy).
- For great honeymoon hotels, caldera views, private pools, and infinity pools stay in one of the Best Santorini Hotels.
- If you want an inexpensive place to stay with a good location then stay in one of Santorini’s best budget hotels or cheap Santorini hotels with a caldera view.
- There are very few Santorini Airbnb with pool. If it does have a pool then it’s probably just a hotel in which case you’ll get a better rate booking directly.
- Convenient and reliable private transport from the Santorini airport or ferry port can be pre-booked through Welcome Pickups.
The 8 Best Airbnb in Santorini
I have linked to the Booking.com page for each property as you’ll get better rates and more flexibility if you need to cancel. If you want a more extensive list check out my picks for Best Santorini Villas.
1. Hara’s Houses – Imerovigli
Fantastic views from 5 studios (all with kitchenettes) perched on the caldera’s edge.
2. Ananda Suites – Imerovigli
Wonderful sunset views from the top of Imerovigli. Units sleep 2 to 4 and have private outdoor hot tubs with view.
3. Hector Cave House – Oia
Luxury cave houses with great caldera views. There are 3 units, one for a couple, one for a group of 4, and one for a group of 5.
4. Lava Caves – Oia
Awesome caldera views. One-bedroom house with private jacuzzi.
5. Trieris Villa & Suites – Fira
Beautiful 3-bedroom villa with volcano views or a charming honeymoon cave suite. Both have private hot tubs.
6. Porto Fira Villas – Fira
Stunning penthouse villa or 3-bedroom villa. Both with great views and private jacuzzi.
7. Exclusive Plan Suites – Firostefani
Three beautiful suites with views and private plunge pools.
8. Nereids Private Villa – Megalochori
Three awesome villas that sleep from 2 to 5. Located in charming village a short walk from one of Santorini’s best wineries (and several local tavernas).
Using Airbnb in Santorini
- Be very careful. I have seen some Airbnb Santorini rentals that aren’t really rentals – just photos that have been taken from a website and re-posted as an Airbnb accommodation.
- Very few Airbnb rentals have a caldera view as this land is almost exclusively owned by hotels. If a Santorini Airbnb has the description “great views” it’s probably talking about the eastern views, not caldera/volcano views.
- Where to stay in Santorini: Fira has the most nightlife and shopping. Imerovigli has the best views and best restaurants. Oia is a bit of both – quieter than Fira but more activity than Imerovigli.
- Most Santorini Airbnbs are located near Kamari Beach or Perissa Beach – which is fine but there are not many rentals near the picturesque towns of Fira, Oia, Imerovigli, or Firostefani (which is where I recommend most people should stay).
- The biggest complaint I have about Airbnb (and I hear this from friends and readers too) is that meeting with the owner to gain access to the rental is often difficult and time-consuming. With a hotel, it’s always easy. Get off your flight, get a taxi, go to the hotel, check-in. With Airbnb, expect a slow, time-consuming hassle. In fairness, it’s rarely more than a half-hour but it’s a lousy way to start your holiday.
- If you need help with figuring out the location of a Santorini Airbnb (or any Santorini vacation rental) then post the link below and I’ll take a look. Though I don’t know many of the Santorini Airbnbs, by studying the pictures and the map I can usually make a good guess on its true location.