Hotel Theodore – Stylish and centrally located, solid restaurant and coffee shop onsite.
Hotel Theodore is a stylish boutique hotel that features a trendy and modern Art Deco-ish decor. Located in the heart of downtown, the Theodore embraces Seattle’s industrial past and infuses its rooms and spaces with historical elements. Partnering with MOHAI (The Museum of History and Industry), collections of art and artifacts celebrating the innovative people and creations of the region are displayed in all rooms and public spaces, many with detailed annotations. Just off the lobby, Rider, Hotel Theodore’s upscale restaurant and bar, features a large wood-fired grill, a daily catch seafood display, and elegant, but cozy atmosphere.
Hotel Theodore – The Basics
- Location: Central location on the corner of 7th Avenue and Pine Street in downtown Seattle; across the street from Pacific Place Plaza, surrounded by incredible restaurants and shopping, walkable to waterfront and Capitol Hill neighborhoods. 2 blocks to Light Rail, 2 blocks to Paramount Theatre, just around the corner from the Washington State Convention Center.
- Ages: All ages are allowed, and cribs are available on request. While there are no specific amenities offered for children, there is a kids’ menu in the restaurant. Rider Bar is 21+.
- Pet Policy: Pet-friendly, with a one-time $45 fee; no damage waiver required.
- View: Peek-a-boo views of Puget Sound and the Space Needle, especially from higher floors.
- Parking: Valet parking with 24-hour access; $45 plus tax per night.
- Nice Perks: Free nightly Aperitivo Hour in the Atrium from 5:30-6:30pm, Priority reservations at Rider. Tivoli audio players in all rooms. Hotel Theodore occasionally partners with the Paramount Theater for Getaway & Stay specials – a room with Broadway tickets. Freeman brand rain jackets are offered in suites.
- When to Book: One month in advance during the summer season, and during the December holidays. Two weeks in advance October-March.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: 206-621-1200
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: provenancehotels.com
Hotel Theodore – Amenities
- Pool: No pool.
- Spa: No spa. Hotel guests are referred to Ummelina International Day Spa just two blocks away.
- Fitness Center: Small, but complete; large windows overlook 7th Avenue; open 24 hours. Hotel Theodore also partners with CorePower Yoga and Burncycle so guests may have fitness class experience.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: No private pools or Jacuzzis. Studio King Suites feature claw foot bathtubs.
Hotel Theodore – Food and Drink
- Restaurant: Rider is located on the hotel’s ground floor, and offers breakfast, lunch, dinner, and weekend brunch menus. Pacific Northwest cuisine, with emphasis on local seafood and market ingredients. Pacific Northwest-inspired decor. A small kids’ menu is available. Open daily 7am until 10pm $$-$$$ • Made Coffee is Hotel Theodore’s lobby café, serving house-roasted coffee, locally-blended teas, and light baked goods from 6am to 3pm daily. $
- Lounge/Bar: Located in Rider restaurant. Open 10am until 12am, offers the full restaurant menu as well as a Happy Hour menu. Popular with locals as well as travelers, happy hour runs from 3-6pm; late night specials from 10pm to midnight. When there are shows at the local theaters, it can get quite crowded.
- Breakfast: Not complimentary. An a la carte breakfast is served 7-11am Monday-Friday, weekend breakfast/brunch from 8am to 3pm in Rider restaurant; items range from $6-$39. Light baked goods, coffee, and tea are available for purchase in the lobby café from 6am to 3pm daily.
- Room Service: Available from Rider Restaurant during restaurant hours.
Hotel Theodore – Rooms
- Room Types: Superior • Deluxe • Water View Deluxe King, Studio Suite • Seattle Made Suite • The Residence • List of all rooms
- Family Rooms: Some Deluxe rooms have two double beds, Superior King rooms only have one bed but feature pull-out sofas. There are only a few adjoining rooms, and they are King to King.
- Smoking Rooms: Hotel Theodore is 100% Smoke free.
- Accessible Rooms: A variety of guestrooms accommodate travelers who require mobility, hearing, and vision accessibilty. Contact the hotel for further details.
- Best Rooms: The Seattle Made Suite is uniquely styled with local artwork and furnishings and includes a writing desk, extra square footage, and corner windows. The 2,000 square foot Residence is the entire top floor of the hotel, and features three terraces, a fire pit, solarium, kitchenette, media room, dining area for 6, and panoramic views of the city.
Hotel Theodore – What’s Nearby?
Recommended Nearby Tours
- Chocolate Indulgence Walking Tour of Seattle – Awesome tour around Pike Place Market and nearby shops. High-end local treats but still very kid-friendly. Start location: 10-minute walk.
- Gourmet Seattle Walking Tour – Fun tour of Belltown, downtown Seattle, and Pike Place Market with free tastings of Seattle’s best food. Start location: 11-minute walk.
- Early-Access Food Tour of Pike Place Market – Behind the scenes tour of Seattle’s 110 year old market. Start location: 14-minute walk.
- Ruth’s Chris Steak House – Classic high-end American steak house. 1-minute walk.
- Din Tai Fung – Excellent Taiwanese dumplings in Pacific Place mall. 1-minute walk.
- The Carlile Room – Tom Douglas restaurant with a late 60’s vibe and cocktails to match. 3-minute walk.
- Terra Plata – Seasonally inspired local cuisine with incredible rooftop deck. 10-minute walk.
- Mamnoon – Lebanese/Syrian cuisine, aromatic and distinctive. 10-minute walk.
Nearby Bars and Breweries
Nearby Shopping and Cool Shops
- Pacific Place – Upscale shopping center with 11-screen AMC movie theater. 1-minute walk.
- Nordstrom – The local department store’s flagship location, featuring 4 restaurants, a day spa, and personal stylist services. 2-minute walk.
- Starbucks Reserve Roastery – Swanky coffee mecca with special roasts and presentations, distinctive merchandise, and a Milanese bakery. 10-minute walk.
- Pike Place Market – Stalls selling local and handmade crafts, jewelry, toys, and flowers line the first level main corridor. 12-minute walk.
Nearby Market or Grocery
- Melrose Market – Upscale specialty market space with small boutique restaurants as well as a butcher, florist, fishmonger, and wine bar. 8-minute walk.
- Target – Discount department store with grocery and pharmacy. 10-minute walk.
- Pike Place Market – Dozens of fruit stalls, bakeries, and specialty food shops; hours are more limited than a typical grocery store. 12-minute walk.
Hotel Theodore – The Hotel
Hotel Theodore – What’s Nearby?
- Seattle Travel Guide
- Best Hotels in Seattle
- Best Family Hotels in Seattle
- Best Boutique Hotels in Seattle
- Best Budget Hotels in Seattle
- Best Hotels near Pike Place Market
- Where to Stay in Seattle
- Best Things to Do in Seattle
- Seattle with Kids
- Best Time to Visit Seattle
- Maps of Seattle
- Best Restaurants in Seattle
- Best Food Tours in Seattle
- Best Boat Tours in Seattle
- Taking a Cruise from Seattle
- Best Craft Breweries in Seattle
- Best Bars and Nightlife in Seattle
- Seattle with Dogs
- Best Books about Seattle
- Bainbridge Island Ferry in Seattle
- Bremerton Ferry in Seattle