Updated: April 27, 2018
Thompson Seattle Hotel is the city’s newest hotel and also its most modern. The Thompson has floor to ceiling windows with great water and mountain views to the west. Decor is contemporary and stylish with a modern edge. Steps from the shops and restaurants of Pike Place Market; the in-house restaurant, Scout, is not to be missed. The amazing rooftop cocktail and oyster bar has incredible views of Puget Sound. Exceptional service and a welcoming atmosphere complete the experience.
Thompson Seattle – The Basics
- Location: Prime location on the corner of 1st Avenue and Stewart Street in downtown Seattle; across the street from Pike Place Market, surrounded by great restaurants and shopping, walkable to waterfront, 3 blocks from Light Rail.
- Ages: All ages are allowed, and cribs are available on request, but there are no specific amenities offered for children, and no kids’ menus in the restaurant. Rooftop lounge/bar is 21+.
- Pet Policy: Pets are welcome, without a fee; signed damage waiver required.
- View: Great Puget Sound and city views from full-length windows, especially from higher floors.
- Wi-Fi Internet: Complimentary throughout the hotel for all guests.
- Parking: Valet parking; $42 plus tax per night.
- Nice Perks: Sparkling wine welcome on arrival; coffee and tea in the lobby from 6am-10am; nightly turn down service; priority reservations at Scout and The Nest.
- Phone: 206-623-4600
- Email: [email protected]
- When To Book: Three months in advance during the April-September cruise season, and during the December holidays. One month in advance October-March.
- How To Book: Booking.com will have the best rates. Use the website specific to your language, currency, and home-country for easiest use: UK • USA • Français • Deutsch • Nederlands.
Thompson Seattle – Amenities
- Pool: No pool.
- Spa: No spa.
- Fitness Center: Small, but excellent; floor to ceiling windows overlook 1st Avenue; open 24 hours.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: No private pools or Jacuzzis. Studios and suites feature full bathrooms with soaking tubs.
Thompson Seattle – Food and Drink
- Restaurant: Scout is located on the hotel’s ground floor, and offers breakfast, lunch, dinner, and weekend brunch menus. American Northwest cuisine, with emphasis on local seafood and ingredients. Decor is modern rustic. No kids’ menu. Great happy hour Monday-Thursday from 3-6pm. $$-$$$
- Lounge/Bar: The Nest rooftop cocktail/oyster bar has some of the best city and Sound views in Seattle, and is open year-round. Popular with locals as well as travelers, and can get crowded on weekend nights. Open daily until 12am.
- Breakfast: Not complimentary. Served 7-10am Monday-Friday in Scout Restaurant, weekend breakfast/brunch from 8am-2pm; items range from $3-$17.
- Room Service: Available from both Scout Restaurant and the Nest bar.
Thompson Seattle – Rooms
- Room Types: Superior King • City View King, Queen/Queen, Deluxe King, Deluxe Queen/Queen • Water View Deluxe King, Deluxe Queen Queen • Corner Studio • Water View Corner Studio • Executive Studio Suite • Water View Studio Suite • Thompson Suite • 2 Bedroom Executive Suite • 2 Bedroom Water View Studio Suite • 2 bedroom Thompson Suite • List of all rooms
- Smoking Rooms: The Thompson is 100% Smoke free.
- Best Room: The Thompson Suite features a full bathroom with soaking tub, tasteful and modern design and decor, and sweeping views of Pike Place Market and Puget Sound. Can be combined with a City View Room via a shared entryway to create a 2 Bedroom Thompson Suite.
Thompson Seattle – What’s Nearby?
Recommended Nearby Tours
- Early-Access Food Tour of Pike Place Market – Behind the scenes tour of Seattle’s 110 year old market. Start location: 4-minute walk.
- Gourmet Seattle Walking Tour – Fun tour of Belltown, downtown Seattle, and Pike Place Market with free tastings of Seattle’s best food. Start location: 6-minute walk.
- Chocolate Indulgence Walking Tour of Seattle – Awesome tour around Pike Place Market and nearby shops. High-end local treats but still very kid-friendly. Start location: 2-minute walk.
- Steelhead Diner – Best restaurant in Pike Place Market. 2-minute walk.
- Matt’s in the Market – Fabulous NW cuisine, iconic Market view. 3-minute walk.
- The Pink Door – Italian, view balcony, and late-night cabaret. 2-minute walk.
- Place Pigalle – Classic French cuisine hidden in Pike Place Market, romantic date-night spot. 3-minute walk.
- Maximilien – Expertly-prepared French fine dining with panoramic Puget Sound views. 3-Minute walk.
- Sushi Kashiba – Seattle’s best sushi – line up early for a coveted seat at the bar. 1-minute walk.
- Le Pichet – Wonderful and charming French bistro. 2-minute walk.
- Kastoori Grill – Awesome Indian food, no alcohol. 1-minute walk.
- Macrina Bakery – Delicious treats (try the coconut cream pie). 9-minute walk.
Nearby Bars and Breweries
- Old Stove Brewery – Great views and good beer in Pike Place Market. 3-minute walk.
- Kell’s Irish Bar – Lively bar/restaurant on Post Alley in Pike Place Market, often has live music. 2-minute walk.
- Alibi Room – The coolest bar in Pike Place Market, opposite Gum Wall. 3-minute walk.
- Radiator Whiskey – Hip, trendy Pike Place Market hangout with whiskey, scotch, bourbon, rye, beer, wine, and food. 3-minute walk.
- Purple Wine Bar – Best wine bar in Seattle, great food and huge wine list. 10-minute walk.
Nearby Shopping and Cool Shops
- Metsker Maps – Maps, globes, puzzles, postcards; local and worldwide. 2-minute walk.
- Pike Place Market – Stalls selling local and handmade crafts, jewelry, toys, and flowers line the first level main corridor. 2-minute walk.
- Eighth Generation – Pike Place market shop selling beautiful and authentic Native American wool blankets, jewelry, t-shirts, and fine arts. 3-minute walk.
- Indi Chocolate – Bean-to-bar, small batch chocolate shop and factory. Look for it in Pike Place Market’s new MarketFront addition. 4-minute walk.
- La Buona Tavola – Pike Place Market shop and cafe featuring truffles and specialty vinegars. A must for foodies. 3-minute walk.
- Golden Age Collectibles – Comic books, games, and pop culture collectibles. Located in Pike Place Market, two floors down from the big neon clock. 4-minute walk.
- Sur la Table – Their flagship store is jam-packed with high-end cookware, cutlery, and culinary appliances. 2-minute walk.
- DeLaurenti – Specialty European import food and wine shop, in Pike Place Market at 1st and Pike, across from the newsstand. 3-minute walk.
- Market Magic Shop – Gifts and supplies for aspiring magicians and practical jokers. If you ask nicely, the salesperson at the counter will perform a trick for you. Pike Place Market lower level. 3-minute walk.
- Pacific Place – Upscale shopping center with 11-screen AMC movie theater. 7-minute walk.
- Nordstrom – The local department store’s flagship location, featuring 4 restaurants, a day spa, and personal stylist services. 6-minute walk.
Nearby Market or Grocery
Thompson Seattle – The Hotel
Thompson Seattle – What’s Nearby?