See Also: The Best Hotels in Santorini
White Pearl Villas – Adults-only, luxury villas with caldera views, all featuring a private jacuzzi or pool.
Romantic villas in the heart of Oia, with sweeping sunset views. Traditional, cave-style architecture blends seamlessly with modern elements, elegant décor, and luxurious amenities. Each spacious villa is between 30 to 60 sqm, and includes a kitchenette and a private jacuzzi and/or pool overlooking the caldera. With only 11 villas in total, service is intimate and personalized. These private villas are spread throughout various sites, all within a short walk of the hotel’s cafe, Passaggio, one of the best on the island.
White Pearl Villas – Video
White Pearl Villas – Location
- Address: Several villas, but all are clustered in central Oia.
- Area: Superb location in the caldera at the center of Oia. Sitting at the beginning of the pedestrian zone, the villas are less than 5 minutes from several restaurants, cafes, and boutiques, and just shy of 9 minutes from the Oia Bus Terminal.
- How to Get There: The villas are situated on the pedestrian path just off the main road into Oia, making it very easy to travel to and from, whether by taxi, driving yourself, or riding the bus. There are always buses at the ferry port for every ferry arrival, as well as buses departing hourly from Santorini airport (both buses will stop in Fira, where you’ll get a different bus to Oia – the entire trip from port or airport to Oia will take at least an hour). From the Oia Bus Terminal, it’s an easy 7-minute walk to reach the meeting point at Passaggio, where staff will assist with luggage and guide you to your villa. Taxis are also available from the port or airport, though there are only about 25 taxis serving the whole island, so there is often a wait; schedule ahead to avoid this – or rent a car. A taxi from the airport to White Pearl Villas will cost roughly €25. A taxi from the ferry port to White Pearl Villas will cost roughly €30. For those driving themselves, White Pearl offers free parking in their lot nearby.
- Handy to: The beginning of the pedestrian street (at Passaggio, 2-minute walk), plus the luxury boutique Soho-Soho (6-minute walk), Church of Panagia of Platsani (9-minute walk).
White Pearl Villas – The Basics
- Ages: Guests 16 and older only (though this is flexible). There are a couple of 2-bedroom/2-bathroom villas for up to 5 guests. Typical guests are couples on honeymoon or having a destination wedding (which they can help arrange).
- Beach: The closest swimming spot (though it is not a proper beach) is at Ammoudi Bay, the port immediately below Oia, 1.4 kilometers (23-minute walk) from White Pearl Villas. This is a popular spot for swimming and cliff diving; though it’s too rocky and small to do much lounging. Ammoudi Bay is the main port of Oia, and is served by several spectacular seafood restaurants. It’s a steep trek down and back again, but it’s relatively easy to catch a cab at the bottom to bring you back up the hill. (Buy a snack at one of the restaurants and the waiter will be happy to call one for you.)
- View: Jaw-dropping views of the caldera and volcano from all but one villa: Villa Aqua Dream. It has a limited caldera view (still pretty awesome, though), and an indoor pool with a waterfall to make up for it.
- Kitchen: Most villas have a fully-equipped kitchenette; just one lacks a stove-top.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: All villas have some type of water feature in pretty much any combination you could think up: 2 with outdoor jacuzzis, 2 with outdoor heated plunge pools, 1 with an indoor heated plunge pool, 1 with both indoor and outdoor jacuzzis, 1 with an indoor jacuzzi and outdoor heated plunge pool, and 1 with an indoor heated plunge pool and an outdoor jacuzzi.
- Parking: Private parking is available nearby.
- Extras: Complimentary bottle of wine on arrival, cell phone in each room to reach staff (since there is no lobby area), luggage assistance and storage.
- When to Book: The villas are in full operation from mid-March until early November. For off-season stays, contact them directly and they will arrange it.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +30 69880 64128
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: whitepearlvillas.com
White Pearl Villas – Amenities
- Pool: Each villa has at least 1 pool, jacuzzi, or both. There is no shared pool area.
- Spa: No spa, but services can be arranged in the villas.
- Fitness Center: No fitness center.
- For Disabled Guests: Lots of stairs. Not accessible for anyone with mobility issues.
- For Families: An adults-only property for guests over 16 years. No specific family-friendly amenities, though they do have 2-bedroom villas large enough for 5 guests.
- Activities: None on site, but they offer a concierge service to recommend and arrange cruises, excursions, and tours.
White Pearl Villas – Food and Drink
- Restaurant: Passaggio is just at the top of the caldera. This sweet café has the best coffee on the island, outstanding cocktails, and an awesome Greek and European a la carte menu. Breakfast, lunch, and sunset cocktails are the main draws here, served on their rooftop terrace with views over the caldera.
- Breakfast: Complimentary breakfast at Passaggio with 5 set menu options: Greek, Wellness, Vegetarian, Vegan/Bio, and Full Breakfast (American breakfast with an omelet, bacon, and pancakes). Breakfast can also be served at the villas for an additional charge.
- Room Service: Available all day from Passaggio for a fee.
White Pearl Villas – Rooms
- Room Types: Villa Aqua Dream • Villas Mystic Luxury (2 villas usually rented together) • Villa Full Moon • Villa Aegean Magic • Villa Hidden Gem • Villa Infinity Blue • Villa Pure Bliss • Villa Sunset Chaser • Villa Secret Escape
- Smoking Rooms: Smoking is not allowed inside the rooms. It is allowed outdoors on the private terraces, and on the rooftop terrace at Passaggio.
- Best Room: Villa Sunset Chaser is the best, boasting the best view of Oia’s famous sunset from its 100 sqm terrace with a private jacuzzi and an 18th century chapel. 1 bedroom has a queen bed and a sofa bed, while the other has a king bed that can be divided into 2 singles on request. 2 bathrooms with cave-style open showers, a separate living room, and fully equipped kitchenette complete the space. This villa sleeps up to 5 guests.
- For Families: Families should opt for the Villa Sunset Chaser, or the Villa Secret Escape for up to 4 guests. This 2-story villa has a queen bedded room, kitchenette, and bathroom upstairs, and a queen bedded room, bathroom, indoor jacuzzi, and 2 private verandas downstairs, 1 of which boasts a private pool.
White Pearl Villas – Local Transport
- Walking: The villas are located in the heart of Oia, at the beginning of the marble, pedestrian path, surrounded by an endless choice of restaurants, shops, and attractions. Oia Bus Terminal is just 9 minutes away on foot, as is Oia’s most photographed church, Panagia of Platsani. The castle ruins, the island’s most popular sunset viewpoint, are a 16-minute walk west, while Ammoudi Bay is just a little further, 22 minutes total from the villas.
- Bus: White Pearl Villas is very close to the Oia Bus Terminal, just 700 meters away. Buses here serve all of the major villages and beaches on the island, often with a change in Fira. Tickets are bought on board and range from €1.80 to €2.50 per person in the daytime, depending on the route. Night buses (12:30 a.m. to 5:00 a.m.) run less frequently and cost a little more, from €2.30 to €3.10. Buses can get very crowded, especially during the high season, so much so that they often fill to capacity and are unable to take on more passengers. There are only 23 public buses serving the island.
- Taxis: The nearest taxi stand is at Stathmos Taxi, near the Oia Bus Terminal. There is often a wait here as there are only 25 taxis serving the entire island (with guests from about 1,000 hotels, villas, and Airbnbs). Book ahead to avoid the wait, plus you can have them meet you directly at Passaggio, which is much closer. There will be a small surcharge for advanced reservations and for carrying luggage, usually just a couple of Euros. The average rate from Oia to Fira is €15, and from Oia to the airport runs about €25.
- Scooters/Motorcycles: Just don’t, unless you’re Evel Knievel! Scooters are the main mode of transportation for the locals, but if you’re unfamiliar with the terrain, it can be very dangerous. The roads here are zigzagging, hilly, narrow, and have sheer drop offs with no guardrails and no street lights in most areas. Lots of dirt roads and potholes.
- ATVs: This is a super popular mode of transportation with tourists, but the locals absolutely hate them. They move too slowly, and hold up traffic in an area where getting around is already a hassle. ATVs with smaller motors have been banned from the roads, and a full ban is expected to pass soon.
White Pearl Villas – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants
- Melitini: 100% Greek menu, using local Santorinian, Cycladic, and Greek ingredients only. Quaint, cozy interior, and stellar caldera views from the rooftop terrace. 4-minute walk.
- Anemomilos Restaurant: Located next to the hotel of the same name; refreshingly local vibe, not touristy at all. Great food and friendly atmosphere. 5-minute walk.
- PitoGyros: Hands-down, the best gyros in Oia. Seating is limited. 8-minute walk.
- Candouni: Cozy, family-owned restaurant with live, Greek music and absolutely delicious food. 10-minute walk.
- Roka: Authentic, Santorinian menu with solid dishes, especially the meatballs and octopus. 11-minute walk.
- Lotza: Simple, honest Greek comfort food with stunning caldera views. 11-minute walk.
- Lefkes: Cozy, romantic restaurant in a converted wine cellar in the charming Finikia village. 15-minute walk.
- Ammoudi Bay Restaurants: Each of these waterfront restaurants is phenomenal, offering the freshest fish on the island. The steep 22-minute walk down takes longer coming back up, but your waiter will be happy to call you a cab.
Best Nearby Bars and Breweries
- Fino Cocktail Bar & Restaurant: The best cocktails in Santorini. Plus, inspired Mediterranean food and an extensive wine list. 9-minute walk.
- Sunset Sangria Bar: Chill spot for sangria, cocktails, and tapas with excellent sunset views (though not of the caldera). 11-minute walk.
- Marykay’s Bar/Hassapiko: The only nightlife in Oia, this is where to go for dancing, as they regularly host live bands and DJs. 11-minute walk.
Best Nearby Cafes
- Passaggio: The best coffee in Santorini, solid breakfast, killer cocktails, and pretty okay sunset views from the balcony, just a little back from the caldera. 2-minute walk.
- Mes Amis: Amazing little spot on a covered patio looking over the caldera. Super casual, fantastic views, and great food. 6-minute walk.
- Meteor: Excellent coffee and breakfast with sweeping caldera views, though a little on the pricey side. Turns into a bar at night. 12-minute walk.
Nearby Shopping and Cool Shops
- Soho-Soho: Large collection of well-known, luxury-brand clothing and accessories for men and women. 6-minute walk.
- Bligaki: Santorinian accessories, especially jewelry and bags, mostly handmade. 7-minute walk.
- BLOW by Labro: High-end designer boutique with unique pieces. 8-minute walk.
- It’s a Beautiful Day: Greek-designed clothing and luxury-brand accessories. 10-minute walk.
- Atlantis Books: Widely considered to be the best bookstore in the world. Nat Geo calls it a “Destination of a Lifetime”. 11-minute walk.
- B.Loose: Greek-made, casual linens for men and women. 11-minute walk.
- Steps to Art: Truly unique metal sculptures, replicas inspired by Akrotiri, and jewelry made with volcanic sand and watch parts. 12-minute walk.
- Spilia Cave Greek Clothing: Handmade, leather sandals, cotton and linen Greek clothes; located in one of the original living caves of Oia. 12-minute walk.
- Church of Panagia of Platsani: The most iconic church in Santorini, beautiful inside and out. 9-minute walk.
- Museum of Ancient, Byzantine Musical Instruments: Faithful replicas of Greek instruments dating from the prehistoric through Byzantine eras. 11-minute walk.
- Maritime Museum: Small museum focused on Greek Naval and Santorinian seafaring history. Only €3 to enter. 12-minute walk.
- Castle of Agios Nikolaos (aka Oia Castle aka Byzantine Castle Ruins): The medieval castle ruins are the most popular sunset viewpoint on the island. 16-minute walk.
- Ammoudi Bay: Best known for its fresh fish restaurants, Ammoudi is the rocky port of Oia; boats sail to Thirassia and cruise the caldera from here. It’s an incredibly popular spot for cliff diving, and is one of the best places to swim on the island. 22-minute walk.
Nearby Markets or Grocery Stores
- Village Super Market: Good selection of staples at a fair price (for Santorini). Located just across the road behind Passaggio. 2-minute walk.
- Perivolas Market: Small store with a decent selection of drinks, wine, and bread. 5-minute walk.
- Elliniki Diatrofi Supermarket: Great selection of local cheeses, wine, liquor, fresh produce, and staples. Open until after midnight, sometimes as late as 2:00 a.m. 8-minute walk.
- Proton Supermarket: Small market, but usually has the best prices. This is where most locals shop in the area. 9-minute walk.
White Pearl Villas – The Hotel
- Aria Suites – Review
- Athina Luxury Suites – Review
- Celestia Grand – Review
- Cori Rigas Suites – Review
- Cosmopolitan Suites – Review
- Anteliz Suites – Review
- Belvedere Suites – Review
- Homeric Poems – Review
- The Tsitouras Collection – Review
- Above Blue Suites – Review
- Absolute Bliss – Review
- Aenaon Villas – Review
- Andronis Concept Wellness – Review
- Astra Suites – Review
- Cavo Tagoo – Review
- Chromata Santorini – Review
- Grace Santorini – Review
- Heliotopos Hotel – Review
- Honeymoon Petra Villas – Review
- Iconic Santorini – Review
- Remezzo Villas – Review
- San Antonio – Review
- Santorini Princess Spa Hotel – Review
- Sophia Luxury Suites – Review
- Tamarix Del Mar – Review
- Vedema Resort – Review
- 270 Oia’s View – Review
- Andronis Boutique Hotel – Review
- Andronis Luxury Suites – Review
- Anemomilos Hotel and Villas – Review
- Canaves Hotel – Review
- Canaves Suites – Review
- Elysian Suites – Review
- Esperas Santorini – Review
- Gabbiano Apartments – Review
- Ikies Traditional Houses – Review
- Katikies – Review
- Kirini Santorini – Review
- Maregio Suites – Review
- Myst Boutique Hotel – Review
- Mystique Hotel – Review
- Mythique Villas and Suites – Review
- Oia Castle Luxury Suites – Review
- Perivolas Hotel – Review
- Santo Maris Oia – Review
- Zoe Aegeas Traditional Houses – Review
- Meltemi Village – Review
- Istoria Hotel – Review
- Carpe Diem Santorini – Review