See Also: The Best Hotels in Santorini
- Cavo Tagoo is a fun, trendy hotel with great caldera views.
- Openend in late 2016. Everything feels fresh and new.
- Located in a quiet area – the wonderful restaurants of Imerovigli are a 20 to 25 minute walk away.
Cavo Tagoo Santorini – The most stylish hotel in Santorini, Cavo Tagoo offers luxurious suites, a swanky fusion restaurant, and a heated infinity pool with expansive caldera views.
This glamorous boutique hotel has thirteen posh suites, all with private jacuzzis or heated pools. The hotel features bespoke furnishings throughout in suede, copper, and rich woods, while the architecture is in a contemporary Cycladic style. The heated infinity pool boasts magnificent views over the caldera to Skaros Rock, the old and new volcanoes, Thirassia Island, and Oia. OVAC, the hotel’s award-winning fusion restaurant, blends the best of Japanese and Mediterranean flavors, with knock-out sushi, thoughtful cocktails, and a fantastic wine selection. Expect to be pampered here.
Cavo Tagoo Santorini – Location
- Area: Absolutely gorgeous location at the northern edge of Imerovigli, among the very best views on the island, though it may be a little remote for some. The hotel is in a very quiet area, just north of Imerovigli village, 26 minutes’ walk or 4 minutes’ drive to the village’s restaurants and attractions.
- How to Get There: Cavo Tagoo offers complimentary round-trip airport and port transfers. The hotel sits on the side of the caldera, just off the main road connecting Fira and Oia, making it easy to get to if you prefer to rent a car. For those driving themselves, they offer free valet parking onsite (a major perk, as Imerovigli is one of the hardest areas for parking on the island). There is a bus stop just outside the front door with direct buses going to both Fira and Oia.
- Handy To: The Oia-Fira Hiking Trail (1-minute walk), Santorini Princess (neighboring hotel with the closest restaurant and bar, 4-minute walk).
Map of Cavo Tagoo Santorini
Cavo Tagoo Santorini – The Basics
- Ages: All ages are allowed at the hotel. Guests tend to be couples from North and South America celebrating a romantic occasion, usually a honeymoon, anniversary, or a proposal.
- Beach: The nearest beach is Koloumpos Beach, 5 km northeast, but Exo Gialos is a better beach and not much farther, just 5.4 km to its north end or 7.2 km to the south end with its impressive wind-sculpted cliffs. The best beach bar and restaurant is East Breeze, just a few meters from the cliffs (14-minute drive). The north end has a small harbor and another great beach bar and restaurant called Yalos (11-minute drive).
- View: Spectacular caldera views from all rooms and throughout the hotel.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: The Executive Double and the Junior Suite have indoor jacuzzis; the Suite, Senior Suite, and Superior Suite have outdoor jacuzzis; and the Pool Suite, Honeymoon Pool Suite, Cavo Tagoo Pool Suite, all have outdoor, heated private pools; the Cavo Tagoo Diamond Pool Suite boasts an indoor jacuzzi and an outdoor, heated private pool.
- Parking: Free valet parking onsite.
- Extras: Pet friendly (small dogs up to 7 kg), weddings, special events, excellent concierge, nightly turndown service.
- When to Book: The hotel operates from mid-April through late October. Reserve at least 4 months in advance (6 months is better) for travel during the high season from June through September. Reserve at least 2 months in advance for stays during low or shoulder season.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +30 22860 27915, +30 22860 27900
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: cavotagoo.com
Cavo Tagoo Santorini – Amenities
- Pool: Gorgeous, heated infinity pool on the edge of the caldera with floating sun loungers and Bali beds.
- Spa: There is no spa onsite, but they do offer massage therapy in a treatment room or in-suite.
- Fitness Center: No gym.
- For Disabled Guests: This hotel sits above the caldera and has no elevator, though it doesn’t have nearly as many stairs as most caldera properties. Cavo Tagoo is doable for guests with mild to moderate mobility issues, but it is definitely not wheelchair accessible.
- For Families: Cavo Tagoo is an all-ages property, though only one suite type, the Superior Suite Outdoor Jacuzzi, can accommodate groups of up to 4 guests. Two other open plan suites can sleep up to 3. There are no special amenities or facilities for children. This is also a pet-friendly hotel, allowing dogs up to 7 kg.
- Activities: A variety of excursions can be arranged through the concierge for an additional price, including yachting, climbing tours, scuba diving, helicopter and jet charters, wine tours, and more.
Cavo Tagoo Santorini – Food and Drink
- Restaurant: OVAC is their multi-award-winning restaurant featuring a renowned executive chef and an exciting Japanese-Mediterranean fusion menu. The fish is amazingly fresh, with a wide range of raw and cooked preparations, amazing surf and turf with king crab and Wagyu beef, rich desserts, and fabulous signature cocktails. Pricey but perfect, an ideal spot for a special occasion (they have a special table reserved for proposals). Open for lunch and dinner from 1:00 p.m. until midnight. • $$$$
- Lounge/Bar: The All Day Lounge offers poolside service for lunch, snacks, and cocktails throughout the day from OVAC’s kitchen. Food is elegant yet casual, and drinks are on point.
- Breakfast: Complimentary a la carte breakfast is served daily from 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. in OVAC, or can be served directly to the room. Brunch can be served after 11:00 a.m. for an additional price. The breakfast features flavorful, local, fresh products with a focus on Greek fare. Great coffee and juices, too.
- Room Service: Available 24 hours.
Cavo Tagoo Santorini – Rooms
- Room Types: Executive Double Indoor Jacuzzi • Junior Suite Indoor Jacuzzi • Suite Outdoor Jacuzzi • Senior Suite Outdoor Jacuzzi • Pool Suite • Superior Suite Outdoor Jacuzzi • Honeymoon Pool Suite • Cavo Tagoo Suite with Pool • Cavo Tagoo Diamond Suite with Pool
- Smoking Rooms: The hotel does not allow smoking in any of their rooms. Smoking is allowed on the private terraces and in the outdoor common areas.
- Best Room: The Cavo Tagoo Diamond Suite with Pool is their top-tier room. The room features a queen bed, a sofa bed, and an indoor jacuzzi. Outside, there is a shaded terrace with a daybed and a private, heated pool with sweeping views over the caldera. The suite offers a generous 44 sqm interior space, plus 65 sqm outdoor space.
- For Families: This is an all-ages hotel, though there are no special amenities or facilities for children. They also welcome small dogs up to 7 kg. The best room for families is the Superior Suite Outdoor Jacuzzi – the only suite that can accommodate up to 4 guests. This 2-floor suite has the living room and 1 bathroom downstairs, and the bedroom and another bathroom upstairs, along with a spacious private veranda with a jacuzzi overlooking the caldera. This suite offers 55 sqm inside and 21 sqm outside.
Cavo Tagoo Santorini – Local Transport
- Walking: The hotel is located at the northern edge of Imerovigli, right on the Oia-Fira Trail. The nearest restaurant is at the neighboring hotel, Santorini Princess, just 4 minutes away on foot. Walk 20 minutes south to reach Imerovigli village; all of the restaurants, attractions, and boutiques in the village are accessible on foot within 20-35 minutes of the hotel.
- Bus: The nearest bus stop is on the main Fira-Oia road, just out the front door of the hotel. Passing buses go north to Oia and south to Firostefani, and Fira. From Fira you need to change buses for the other major villages and beaches on the island. Tickets are bought on board and range from €1.80 to €2.50 per person in the daytime, depending on the route. Night buses (12:30 a.m. to 5:00 a.m.) run less frequently and cost a little more, from €2.30 to €3.10. Buses can get very crowded, especially during the high season, so much so that they often fill to capacity and are unable to take on more passengers. There are only 23 public buses serving the island.
- Taxis: The nearest taxi stand is at Stathmos Taxi, all the way down in Fira, so it’s not very practical to walk or bus to. Plus there is often a wait here as there are only 25 taxis serving the entire island (with guests from about 1,000 hotels, villas, and Airbnbs). Book ahead to avoid the wait, and have them meet you directly at the hotel. There will be a small surcharge for advanced reservations and for carrying luggage, usually just a couple of Euros. The average rate from Imerovigli to Fira is roughly €10, and from Imerovigli to the airport or port is around €20.
- Scooters/Motorcycles: Just don’t, unless you’re Evel Knievel! Scooters are the main mode of transportation for the locals, but if you’re unfamiliar with the terrain, it can be very dangerous. The roads here are zigzagging, hilly, narrow, and have sheer drop offs with no guardrails and no street lights in most areas. Lots of dirt roads and potholes.
- ATVs: This is a super popular mode of transportation with tourists, but the locals absolutely hate them. They move too slowly and hold up traffic in an area where getting around is already a hassle. ATVs with smaller motors have been banned from the roads, and a full ban is expected to pass soon.
Cavo Tagoo Santorini – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants
- Santorini Princess: The neighboring hotel’s restaurant is open all day, serving modern Greek fare, and solid signature and standard cocktails. Gorgeous caldera sunset views, especially from the lounge area. 4-minute walk.
- Le Moustache: Elevated Greek and Mediterranean dining, and excellent cocktails with panoramic sunset views over the caldera. 21-minute walk.
- Avocado: Traditional Greek menu, charming space, super friendly staff. Cycladic recipes and a fantastic selection of Santorinian wines. 24-min walk.
- Anogi: Al fresco dining with local specialties and classic Greek dishes. Rich flavors and large portions, so come hungry. 25-minute walk.
- The Athenian House: Elegant fine dining with spectacular sunset views. Contemporary and imaginative Greek dishes incorporate modern gastronomic techniques and locally-sourced ingredients. Most of all, they’re delicious. 28-minute walk.
- La Maison: Contemporary, Greek fine dining with sweeping caldera views. Food, wine, and service are all phenomenal. 29-minute walk.
Best Nearby Bars and Breweries
Best Nearby Cafes
Nearby Shopping & Cool Shops
- Oia-Fira Hiking Trail: One of the top attractions on the island is this scenic 10.5 km hiking trail connecting Oia and Fira. A mix of sidewalk, cobblestones, and dirt trail, this route boasts gorgeous vistas the entire way. Hiking the full length of the path from the hotel takes 1 hour 40 minutes to Oia Castle, or 50 minutes to the trail’s end in Fira, near Keti Hotel (add at least 20 minutes for a detour at Skaros Rock). 1-minute walk.
- Imerovigli Basketball Court: Not an attraction, but good to know. This is the main parking area in Imerovigli. 24-minute walk or 5-minute drive.
- Anastasi Church: The most picturesque, blue-domed church in Imerovigli offers gorgeous caldera views overlooking Skaros Rock. Popular for weddings and photo shoots. 28-minute walk.
- Skaros Rock: Impressive volcanic rock formation housing the ruins of a medieval castle and town, dating to 1207. The monastery at its base, Panagia Theoskepasti, is the only part of Skaros that is still active. 28-minute walk to the trailhead; 10 minutes from there to reach Skaros.
- Agios Georgios Church: Small white church on a platform over the caldera, marking the start of the trail to Skaros Rock. Gorgeous, panoramic views from here. 29 minute walk.
Nearby Markets or Grocery Stores
- Supermarket Nissi: The friendliest market in the area, and usually the best prices in Imerovigli. 26-minute walk.
- Jimmy’s Market Cava: Market and deli with a great selection (especially the wines), plus great coffee and breakfast sandwiches (more consistent and better quality breakfasts than Hlios, but they don’t deliver). 27-minute walk.
Cavo Tagoo Santorini – The Hotel
- Anteliz Suites – Review
- Aria Suites – Review
- Athina Luxury Suites – Review
- Celestia Grand – Review
- Cosmopolitan Suites – Review
- Above Blue Suites – Review
- Absolute Bliss – Review
- Aenaon Villas – Review
- Andronis Concept Wellness – Review
- Astra Suites – Review
- Chromata Santorini – Review
- Grace Santorini – Review
- Heliotopos Hotel – Review
- Honeymoon Petra Villas – Review
- Iconic Santorini – Review
- Remezzo Villas – Review
- San Antonio – Review
- Santorini Princess Spa Hotel – Review
- Sophia Luxury Suites – Review
- Tamarix Del Mar – Review
- Vedema Resort – Review
- 270 Oia’s View – Review
- Andronis Boutique Hotel – Review
- Andronis Luxury Suites – Review
- Anemomilos Hotel and Villas – Review
- Canaves Hotel – Review
- Canaves Suites – Review
- Elysian Suites – Review
- Esperas Santorini – Review
- Gabbiano Apartments – Review
- Ikies Traditional Houses – Review
- Katikies – Review
- Kirini Santorini – Review
- Maregio Suites – Review
- Myst Boutique Hotel – Review
- Mystique Hotel – Review
- Mythique Villas and Suites – Review
- Oia Castle Luxury Suites – Review
- Perivolas Hotel – Review
- Santo Maris Oia – Review
- White Pearl Villas – Review
- Zoe Aegeas Traditional Houses – Review
- Meltemi Village – Review
- Istoria Hotel – Review
- Carpe Diem Santorini – Review