Getting Around Paros by Bus
When staying on Paros, the easiest and cheapest way to get between the main towns and beaches, and to the Antiparos ferry at Pounta, is by using the island’s public bus system. The coach-style buses are comfortable, air-conditioned, and generally on-time. Buses on Paros make a loop around the perimeter of the island, with some routes heading inland to the smaller villages.
Paros Bus Information
- Paros public bus website: ktelparou.gr
- Paros bus schedule: The bus schedule is revised every couple of weeks or so, with routes increasing in frequency as the summer builds.
- Paros bus fares: Fares vary by route and distance traveled, ranging from 1.80€ to 4€ per trip, but are usually under 3€. A full-day, cross-island ticket is available for 9€. Bus tickets are sold at the Parikia and Naoussa terminal stations, as well as some stores and mini-marts in Paros’ main towns and beaches.
- The Parikia bus terminal serves the most routes, with buses regularly departing for Naoussa, Pounta ferry port, Aliki, Pounda Beach, Golden Beach, and more. The Parikia bus terminal is located about 200 yards south of the ferry port, an easy 2-minute walk from the port’s iconic windmill.
- The Naoussa bus terminal serves as a secondary hub for the island. It is located a level 6-minute walk from Naoussa Harbor.
- Printed bus schedules are available for the asking at the Parikia and Naoussa terminal kiosks.
- Bus tickets from Parikia to the Antiparos ferry at Pounta cost 1.80€. The #4 Pounta/Antiparos bus runs about every hour; tickets are sold at the terminal kiosk.
Taking the Bus in Paros
- Santorini to Paros: Ferry Guide
- Paros to Santorini: Ferry Guide
- Athens to Paros: Ferry Guide
- Paros to Athens: Ferry Guide
- Where to Stay in Paros
- Best Hotels in Paros
- Best Hotels in Paros for Families
- Best Hotels in Antiparos
- Best Beach Hotels in Paros
- Best Beaches in Paros
- Best Tours & Things to Do in Paros
- Best Restaurants in Paros
- Best Bars and Clubs in Paros
- Paros or Naxos? Which is Better
- Paros Travel Maps
- Paros Travel Videos