Cori Rigas Suites – This charming collection of suites is centrally located on the cliffs overlooking the iconic caldera of Fira within walking distance to shops, restaurants, and nightlife. A former Captain’s house with a 250-year history, it has been expertly renovated using traditional methods and local materials creating 12 elegant suites offering beautiful views of the volcano and Aegean Sea.
Cori Rigas Suites – Information
Cori Rigas Suites – The Basics
• Ages – Suites sleep 2-5 people making this place family-friendly.
• View – Whether from your balcony or the terrace at the Art Cafe, you are treated to a stunning view of the caldera and the beautiful Aegean Sea.
• Kitchen & Dining Space – All suites feature a small kitchenette with modest counter space, a sink, dishes, refrigerator, and kettle as well as a small dining table.
• Private Pools/Jacuzzis – All but two rooms feature private jacuzzis and all registered guests may enjoy the outdoor cave pool and lounge area.
• Breakfast – Delicious made-to-order breakfast is included in the price and served from 8 am to 11 am. You may have it as room service or on the terrace of the Art Cafe.
• Restaurant on Site – The Art Cafe, located on the terrace by reception is open all day and serves homemade breakfast including Greek cheese pies (tiropita) using local ingredients, coffee, beverages, snacks, cocktails, and local white and red wines from the owner’s private vineyards.
• Amenities – Services available through the concierge include car/motorbike/ATV rentals, bicycle rentals, airport and port transfers, sailboat cruises, reservations and suggestions to local restaurants, dry cleaning/laundry services, spa services, and child care services.
Cori Rigas Suites – COVID-19 Safety and Sanitation
Strict Covid-19 health measures are taken according to local health
authority policies and are valid until further notice and may be updated following
instructions issued by the Greek government.
• Health First safety protocols are in place per the Ministry of Tourism
• Online check-in available
• Increased cleaning and sanitizing of rooms with a focus on high touch areas
• Sheets and towels washed at high temperature
• Room service and breakfast provided on private terraces
• Suites are accessed through outdoor corridors
• Air-conditioning filters are thoroughly cleaned after every departure
Best Nearby Restaurants
- Ouzeri: Exceptional spot for meze (Greek tapas), offering a modern take on traditional Santorinian flavors and Mediterranean favorites. 4-minute walk.
- Lucky’s Souvlakis: Hands-down the very best gyros in Santorini. Eating at Lucky’s is an absolute must when in Santorini. Authentic, filling, and affordable. 5-minute walk.
- Argo Restaurant: Argo features a rich menu of Santorinian and Mediterranean flavors with modern, international influences. With amazing views over the caldera, this is a popular spot for sunset dining. Reserve in advance to ensure a view table. 4-minute walk.
- Idol Restaurant: All-day restaurant serving elevated versions of traditional Santorinian dishes with 3 dining terraces and panoramic views. 6-minute walk.
- Momo: Brand new, casual, Indian and Thai restaurant with a clay tandoori oven and fantastic curries. 6-minute walk.
- Pelican Kipos: Stellar, wine-centric restaurant with over 600 varieties of local and international wines in a charming garden setting. Wine tastings and cellar tours available daily. 6-minute walk.
- Falafeland: Top-notch vegetarian and vegan street food spot with amazing falafel and veggie burgers, and cozy outdoor seating. There are a handful of meat dishes here too, which are prepared separately from the vegetarian/vegan items. 8-minute walk.
- Aktaion: The oldest taverna on the island, Aktaion has been serving authentic Santorinian flavors since 1922. 17-minute walk.
- Mylos Bar Restaurant: Modern Greek restaurant with a creative menu and plenty of vegetarian options located in a picturesque windmill with caldera views. 18-minute walk.
Best Nearby Bars and Breweries
- PK Cocktail Bar: The best bar in Santorini, PK Cocktail Bar offers superb sunset views, creative cocktails, and 3 levels of seating in the caldera. 3-minute walk.
- Casablanca Soul Bar: With house and deep house DJs or a live band every night, tasty cocktails, and a truly friendly staff, Casablanca is always a favorite for locals and travelers alike. 5-minute walk.
- Two Brothers: Open almost all day, from 10 am to 6 am the next day, Two Brothers is almost 2 different bars in the daytime versus the night. During the day, the bar is quiet and chill, with basic drinks and a solid 2-for-1 happy hour. Late nights, it becomes the wildest bar in Santorini: crowded, crazy, loud, and fun. 5-minute walk.
- Tropical Bar: Great cocktails and a magnificent view make this a popular spot for catching the sunset. The drinks menu strips down to basic offerings after sundown, but at happy hours (9 pm to 11 pm), all cocktails are half price. Aussies take note: they sell VB here. 5-minute walk.
- MoMix: Half bar, half mad science lab, MoMix (short for Molecular Mixology) creates wild cocktails served in test tubes, as edible bites, or in bubble form. 5-minute walk.
- Kira Thira Jazz Bar: A Santorinian standby since 1976, Kira Thira is a cozy, casual bar with fantastic sangria, strong drinks, and an eclectic selection of music. 6-minute walk.
- Tango Champagne and Cocktail Bar: Refined lounge with a romantic vibe and picture-perfect sunset views. 5-minute walk.
- Enigma Club: The oldest dance club in Santorini (since 1979), Enigma opens late and keeps the party going until 7 the next morning. A hotspot for visiting celebrity DJs who spin the best dance music from Greek and international artists. 7-minute walk.
- Franco’s Bar: Well-known for gorgeous views and delicious drinks, Franco’s is one of the best spots to take in the Fira sunset. 3-minute walk.
- Volkan on the Rocks: Great brewpub in Firostefani with amazing views and an outdoor cinema. 12-minute walk.
Nearby Shopping & Cool Shops
- Nick the Greek: One of the oldest jewelry shops in Santorini, Nick the Greek sells fine gold jewelry and luxury watches from Greek and international brands. 3-minute walk.
- Koukla: Eclectic, artsy jewelry in a range of styles and prices. 3-minute walk.
- Drakkar Santorini: International and Greek designer-brand clothing for women. 4-minute walk.
- Ammos: This shop has 2 locations in Fira, 1 in Kamari, and 1 in Oia. All offer a wide selection of international and Greek brands. 6-minute walk to either of the Fira locations.
- Noi: Upscale women’s boutique offering elegant summer clothing, shoes, and accessories on Santorini’s famous Gold Street. 5-minute walk.
- Caldera Jewelry/Golden Santorini: Right across from Noi, Golden Santorini/Caldera Jewelry has offered fine gold and precious stone jewelry since 1976. 5-minute walk.
- Spicy Boutique and The Lace: These sister boutiques are located right next door to each other in the heart of Fira. Both shops sell Greek-designed women’s clothing and accessories. Spicy offers edgier styles, while The Lace caters toward a femme crowd. 5-minute walk.
- The White: Across from Spicy, The White is a luxury boutique selling hand-crafted clothing and footwear by Santorinian designer Sophia H. 5-minute walk.
- Isia: High-end, women’s clothing and accessories with unique pieces inspired by traditional Greek designs. You can find it on the footpath between Diesel and Cava Mejjo. 5-minute walk.
- White House Santorini: Specialty shop for all-white summer garb for men, women, and children. Located across the walking path from Idol Restaurant in Fira. 7-minute walk.
- Little Dot: Trendy boutique offering men’s and women’s street, surf, and swim wear. 9-minute walk.
- Oia-Fira Hiking Trail: 4-minute walk to starting point of Atlantis Hotel. One of the top attractions on the island is this scenic 10.5 km hiking trail connecting Oia and Fira. A mix of sidewalk, cobblestones, and dirt trail, this route boasts gorgeous vistas the entire way. Hiking northwest, the full length of the path from the hotel to Oia Castle takes about 2 hours 30 minutes (add at least 30 minutes for a detour at Skaros Rock when you head north).
- Orthodox Metropolitan Cathedral: This imposing cathedral dominates the main square in Fira. Fully renovated after the ’56 earthquake, this landmark church is surrounded by a series of grand archways, and is adorned with frescoed walls and ceilings inside in gold and vivid colors. 3-minute walk.
- Old Port of Fira: A.K.A. Fira Skala, the Old Port has a few tavernas, shops, and pretty sea views. The only connections from the port to the village are the cable cars, donkeys, or walking up the 587 steps. Nowadays, the Old Port is mostly used by cruise ship passengers, arriving daily by the thousands in the high season. To avoid the largest crowds, plan excursions around the cruise ship calendar. The beginning of the stairway down is an 8-minute walk away, plus 16 more minutes to hike down.
- Catholic Church of St. John the Baptist: Often referred to simply as the Catholic Church, St. John’s is recognizable by its brilliant yellow and blue exterior and clock tower. 10-minute walk.
- Skaros Rock: Impressive volcanic rock formation housing the ruins of a medieval castle and town, dating to 1207. The monastery at its base, Panagia Theoskepasti, is the only part of Skaros that is still active. The trailhead leading to Skaros begins at Agios Georgios Church in Imerovigli. 46-minute walk.
Cori Rigas Suites – The Hotel
- Anteliz Suites – Review
- Belvedere Suites – Review
- Homeric Poems – Review
- The Tsitouras Collection – Review
- Above Blue Suites – Review
- Absolute Bliss – Review
- Aenaon Villas – Review
- Andronis Concept Wellness – Review
- Astra Suites – Review
- Cavo Tagoo – Review
- Chromata Santorini – Review
- Grace Santorini – Review
- Heliotopos Hotel – Review
- Honeymoon Petra Villas – Review
- Iconic Santorini – Review
- Remezzo Villas – Review
- San Antonio – Review
- Santorini Princess Spa Hotel – Review
- Sophia Luxury Suites – Review
- Tamarix Del Mar – Review
- Vedema Resort – Review
- 270 Oia’s View – Review
- Andronis Boutique Hotel – Review
- Andronis Luxury Suites – Review
- Anemomilos Hotel and Villas – Review
- Canaves Hotel – Review
- Canaves Suites – Review
- Elysian Suites – Review
- Esperas Santorini – Review
- Gabbiano Apartments – Review
- Ikies Traditional Houses – Review
- Katikies – Review
- Kirini Santorini – Review
- Maregio Suites – Review
- Myst Boutique Hotel – Review
- Mystique Hotel – Review
- Mythique Villas and Suites – Review
- Oia Castle Luxury Suites – Review
- Perivolas Hotel – Review
- Santo Maris Oia – Review
- White Pearl Villas – Review
- Zoe Aegeas Traditional Houses – Review
- Meltemi Village – Review
- Istoria Hotel – Review
- Carpe Diem Santorini – Review