Aenaon Villas – Luxurious villa collection with a cliffside infinity pool and sunrise and sunset views over the caldera and Aegean.
Aenaon Villas features six spacious villas in elegant Cycladic style with minimalist, contemporary design and high-quality furnishings, linens, and amenities. This award-winning property boasts a shared infinity pool on the caldera’s edge, plus one villa has its own private pool, and another has a private, outdoor jacuzzi. Located high on top of the caldera in the narrow neck of the island, the views here are astounding, with sweeping sunset views over the caldera, and wide sunrise views over the Aegean Sea beaches. Service is impeccable and personal, and the setting is tranquil and quiet.
Aenaon Villas – Location
• Area: Absolutely gorgeous location, among the very best views on the island, though it is fairly remote. The hotel is in a very quiet area, just north of Imerovigli village, a 7-minute drive to the beginning of the village with its restaurants and attractions, and about 17 minutes’ drive to world-famous Oia.
• How to Get There: The easiest ways to get to Aenaon Villas is to book private transfer ahead or to rent a car and drive yourself. The hotel sits on the side of the caldera just off the main road connecting Fira and Oia, making it relatively easy to by bus and taxi, as well. It is approximately 8km from the Santorini Airport to Aenaon Villas, and 12km from the ferry port.
There are always buses waiting at the ferry port for every ferry arrival, as well as buses departing hourly from Santorini Airport. There are no direct buses from the port or airport to Imerovigli, however; buses from both locations go to Fira, where you must then board a different bus to Imerovigli – the entire trip from the port or airport to Imerovigli will take at least an hour and cost about €5 in total. Tickets are purchased on the bus, in cash only. There is an unofficial bus stop near the hotel, in front of San Antonio hotel; let the bus driver know ahead of time that you will be getting off there. From there, it is a short walk to Aenaon.
Taxis are also available from the port or airport, though there are only about 25 taxis in total serving the whole island, so there can be a long wait; schedule a ride through a private car service in advance to avoid this (I use and recommend Welcome Pickups). Taxis on Santorini are not metered, so be sure to agree on a price with the driver before setting out. A taxi from the airport to Aenaon Villas should be about €25 to €30, and a taxi from the ferry port around €30. Booking through a private car service will cost only a bit more – about $45 (or €37), but is worth it to avoid the wait and for the convenience of paying ahead.
For those who prefer to drive themselves, we recommend renting a car either at the airport on arrival, or in Fira. The road from the ferry port is steep and narrow, with many tricky switchbacks, large trucks, and buses. Leave that for the locals to navigate. We strongly recommend reserving a vehicle in advance, especially if you require automatic transmission. Upon arrival, Aeneon Villas offers free parking onsite.
Map of Aenaon Villas
Aenaon Villas – The Basics
- Ages: This is an adults-only property, and guests must be at least 12 years old to stay here. Guests tend to be couples celebrating honeymoons, anniversaries, or birthdays. They get a good amount of friend groups traveling, but they do not host very many families.
- Beach: The nearest beach is Koloumpos Beach, 4.4 km northeast, but Exo Gialos is a better beach and not much farther, just 6.9 km to the north end or 9 km to the south end with its impressive wind-sculpted cliffs. The best beach bar and restaurant is East Breeze, just a few meters from the cliffs (16-minute drive). The north end has a small harbor and another great beach bar and restaurant called Yalos (12-minute drive).
- View: At the highest point in the narrowest part of the island, the villas offer outstanding panoramic views of both, caldera sunsets and Aegean sunrises. Zaneti is the only villa without a caldera view from its veranda.
- Kitchen: Two villas, Marily and Zaneti, have kitchens.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Villa Charissa features an outdoor jacuzzi, and Villa Elidami offers a private, unheated plunge pool.
- Parking: Free parking onsite.
- Extras: Fresh flowers, fruits, and a welcome bottle of wine on arrival.
- When to Book: The hotel operates from late April to mid-October. Reserve at least 4 months in advance (6 months is better) for travel during the high season from June to September. Reserve at least 2 months in advance for travel during low season.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +30 22860 27014
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: aenaonvillas.gr
Aenaon Villas – Amenities
- Pool: Unheated infinity pool on the rim of the caldera.
- Spa: No spa onsite, but in-room treatments can be arranged.
- Fitness Center: No gym.
- For Disabled Guests: The hotel is unsuitable for guests with mobility issues as it is on the caldera, and filled with stairs. There is no elevator, and no accessible room type.
- For Families: An adults-only hotel, guests must be at least 12 years old to stay. There are no amenities or facilities for children. Only Villa Marily is large enough to accommodate a family of up to 4.
- Activities: The owners and staff are happy to recommend and reserve any activities, from sailing to wine tastings to helicopter tours and more.
Aenaon Villas – Food and Drink
- Restaurant: There is no restaurant onsite, but they do have a kitchen serving light snacks and drinks during the afternoons, served poolside or to the villas.
- Lounge/Bar: No bar onsite, but drinks can be ordered to the pool or to the villas during the afternoons.
- Breakfast: An a la carte complimentary breakfast is served daily to the villas or to the main terrace at the time of your choosing. The breakfast menu features local, fresh products and produce with especially great Greek omelets, chocolate soufflé, and coffee.
- Room Service: Available for breakfast and lunch, served to the villas, private terraces, or poolside.
Aenaon Villas – Rooms
- Room Types: Villa Charissa • Villa Zaneti • Villa Anezina • Villa Feggeri • Villa Elidami • Villa Marily
- Smoking Rooms: The hotel does not allow smoking in any of their rooms. Smoking is allowed on the private terraces, and in the outdoor common areas.
- Best Room: Villas Charissa and Elidami are the 2 best villas for couples. Charissa is a spacious 65 sqm with a king-sized bedroom and a private, outdoor jacuzzi, while Elidami is a 45 sqm villa with a queen-sized bed in its loft and a private, outdoor plunge pool. Both villas offer stellar sunrise and sunset views.
- For Families: An adults-only hotel, guests must be at least 12 years old to stay. There are no amenities or facilities for children. Villa Marily is the only one large enough to sleep 4 guests. The 95 sqm villa has 1 queen-sized master bedroom with an ensuite bathroom, and 2 single bedrooms with a shared bathroom. Marily offers a full kitchen, separate living and dining areas, and a private veranda with direct access to the infinity pool.
Aenaon Villas – Local Transport
- Walking: The hotel is located at the northern edge of Imerovigli, right on the Oia-Fira Trail, just south of the halfway point between Imerovigli and Oia. This is one of the more remote hotels in the area, and there is not much within a short walk of the property. It’s a 51-minute walk south to reach Imerovigli village with all of its restaurants, attractions, and boutiques.
- Bus: The nearest bus stop is across from the hotel in front of neighboring San Antonio. This is an unofficial stop, but the bus is slow and easy to flag down to board. When heading back to the hotel, tell the driver your stop is at San Antonio upon boarding, otherwise they’ll keep on driving. Buses here serve all of the major villages and beaches on the island, often with a change in Fira. Tickets are bought on board and range from €1.80 to €2.50 per person in the daytime, depending on the route. Night buses (12:30 a.m. to 5:00 a.m.) run less frequently and cost a little more, from €2.30 to €3.10. Buses can get very crowded, especially during the high season, so much so that they often fill to capacity and are unable to take on more passengers. There are only 23 public buses serving the island.
- Taxis: The nearest taxi stand is at Stathmos Taxi, all the way down in Fira, so it’s not very practical to walk or bus to. Plus, there is often a wait here as there are only 25 taxis serving the entire island (with guests from about 1,000 hotels, villas, and Airbnbs). Book ahead to avoid the wait, and have them meet you directly at the hotel. There will be a small surcharge for advanced reservations and for carrying luggage, usually just a couple of Euros. The average rate from Imerovigli to Fira is roughly €15 and from Imerovigli to the airport or port is around €25 to €35.
- Scooters/Motorcycles: Scooters are the main mode of transportation for the locals, but if you’re unfamiliar with the terrain, it can be very dangerous. The roads here are zigzagging, hilly, narrow, and have sheer drop offs with no guardrails and no street lights in most areas. Lots of dirt roads and potholes.
- ATVs/Quads: ATVs are a fun and popular mode of transportation with tourists, but for the locals stuck driving behind them, they move too slowly and hold up traffic in an area where getting around is already a hassle. For those who don’t ride quads regularly (i.e. most people), they can be dangerous at high speeds and on turns. Crashing your ATV is a sure-fire way to ruin your vacation.
Aenaon Villas – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants
- OVAC: Mediterranean-Asian fusion with spectacular sunset views and a romantic ambiance. Stupidly expensive, but everything on the menu is absolute perfection. 6-minute drive or 27-minute walk.
- Anogi: Al fresco dining with local specialties and classic Greek dishes. Rich flavors and large portions, so come hungry. 6-minute drive.
- Le Moustache: Elevated Greek and Mediterranean dining and excellent cocktails with panoramic sunset views over the caldera. 8-minute drive.
- Avocado: Traditional Greek menu, charming space, super friendly staff. Cycladic recipes and a fantastic selection of Santorinian wines. 8-minute drive.
- La Maison: Contemporary, Greek fine dining with sweeping caldera views. Food, wine, and service are all phenomenal. 8-minute drive.
- The Athenian House: Elegant fine dining with spectacular sunset views. Contemporary and imaginative Greek dishes incorporate modern gastronomic techniques and locally-sourced ingredients. Most of all, they’re delicious. 9-minute drive.
Best Nearby Bars and Breweries
- Buddha Bar Beach: Upscale cocktail bar, restaurant, and shisha lounge with views over Skaros Rock to the caldera. Pricey but on point. 7-minute drive.
- Domaine Sigalas: Santorini’s best vineyard, offering tastings, tapas, and full tours. 10-minute drive.
- Volkan on the Rocks: Great brewpub in Firostefani with amazing views and an outdoor cinema. 11-minute drive.
Best Nearby Cafes
- Hlios Bakery: Good coffee, basic pastries, and deli sandwiches. Not exceptional, but the bakery’s cheap, and delivers (cash only for deliveries). 6-minute drive.
- To Briki: Fantastic café, the best place to try traditional Greek coffee. Breakfasts are superb and the sunset views are gorgeous. 8-minute drive.
Nearby Shopping & Cool Shops
- Under a Fig Tree: Upscale boutique featuring Greek-designed fashion, accessories, and swimwear right on the Oia-Fira trail. 8-minute drive.
- Pegasus Boutique: Next to the hotel of the same name, this little boutique offers clothing, shoes, swimwear, and accessories by Greek designers. 9-minute drive.
- Oia-Fira Hiking Trail: One of the top attractions on the island is this scenic 10.5 km hiking trail connecting Oia and Fira. A mix of sidewalk, cobblestones, and dirt trail, this route boasts gorgeous vistas the entire way. Hiking northwest, the full length of the path from the hotel to Oia Castle takes from 2 to 4 hours; heading south to the trail’s end in Fira, near Keti Hotel, takes about 30-40 minutes. Add about an hour for a detour at Skaros Rock either way. 1-minute walk from the hotel.
- Imerovigli Basketball Court: Not an attraction, but good to know. This is the main parking area in Imerovigli. 7-minute drive.
- Anastasi Church: The most picturesque, blue-domed church in Imerovigli offers gorgeous caldera views overlooking Skaros Rock. Popular for weddings and photo shoots. 7-minute drive.
- Agios Georgios Church: Small white church on a platform over the caldera, marking the start of the trail to Skaros Rock. Gorgeous, panoramic views from here. 8-minute drive.
- Skaros Rock: Impressive volcanic rock formation housing the ruins of a medieval castle and town, dating to 1207. The monastery at its base, Panagia Theoskepasti, is the only part of Skaros that is still active. 8-minute drive.
Nearby Markets or Grocery Stores
- Jimmy’s Market Cava: Market and deli with a great selection (especially the wines), plus great coffee and breakfast sandwiches (more consistent and better quality breakfasts than Hlios but they don’t deliver). 6-minute drive.
- Supermarket Nissi: The friendliest market in the area and usually the best prices in Imerovigli. 7-minute drive.
Aenaon Villas – The Hotel
Akrotiri Hotel Reviews
Fira Hotel Reviews
- Amity Suites
- Aria Suites
- Athina Luxury Suites
- Celestia Grand
- Cori Rigas Suites
- Cosmopolitan Suites
- Katikies Garden
Firostefani Hotel Reviews
- Anteliz Suites
- Belvedere Suites
- Dana Villas & Infinity Suites
- Homeric Poems
- The Tsitouras Collection
Imerovigli Hotel Reviews
- Above Blue Suites
- Absolute Bliss
- Altana Heritage Suites & Villas
- Andronis Concept Wellness
- Astra Suites
- Cavo Tagoo
- Grace Santorini
- Heliotopos Hotel
- Honeymoon Petra Villas
- Iconic Santorini
- Katikies Chromata Santorini
- Remezzo Villas
- San Antonio
- Santorini Princess Spa Hotel
- Sophia Luxury Suites
- The Vasilicos
- West East Suites
Kamari Hotel Review
Megalochori Hotel Review
Oia Hotel Reviews
- 270 Oia’s View
- Andronis Arcadia
- Andronis Boutique Hotel
- Andronis Luxury Suites
- Anemomilos Hotel and Villas
- Canaves Hotel
- Canaves Oia Epitome
- Canaves Suites
- Charisma Suites
- Elysian Suites
- Esperas Santorini
- Gabbiano Traditional Cave Houses
- Ikies Santorini
- Katikies Kirini
- Maregio Suites
- Myst Boutique Hotel
- Mystique Hotel
- Mythique Villas and Suites
- Oia Castle Luxury Suites
- Perivolas Hotel
- Santo Maris Oia
- White Pearl Villas
- Zoe Aegeas Traditional Houses
Perissa Hotel Review
Perivolos Hotel Review
Pyrgos Hotel Review