See Also: The Best Hotels in Santorini
Grace Hotel Santorini – Elegant hotel with an award-winning restaurant and champagne lounge, well-appointed rooms, and breathtaking views from the largest infinity pool in the caldera.
A sophisticated hotel offering bespoke experiences, Grace customizes guests’ amenities to taste, from room scent to pillow type, plus guests personally meet the chef to go over food preferences. Many suites include private, heated plunge pools, while all offer special perks, such as iPads, flat irons, and twice daily maid service, including turndown service with different goodies every night. Dining and drinks are incredible every day, whether at the restaurant, champagne lounge, or poolside. Expansive caldera views are available throughout the hotel, with Skaros Rock front and center, and looking out to Akrotiri, the volcanoes, Thirassia Island, and Oia.
Grace Hotel Santorini – Location
- Area: Absolutely gorgeous location in the heart of Imerovigli village, with amazing dining and attractions all within a couple of minutes from the hotel. Imerovigli sits at the highest elevation on the caldera, and the views are stellar throughout the hotel and from most of the restaurants here.
- How to Get There: The hotel sits above the caldera in the center of Imerovigli village, not far off the main road connecting Fira and Oia, making it easy to reach by bus, taxi, or driving yourself. There are always buses at the ferry port for every ferry arrival, as well as buses departing hourly from Santorini airport (both buses will stop in Fira from where you’ll get a different bus to Imerovigli – the entire trip from port or airport to Imerovigli will take around an hour). The bus stop is just 8 minutes away on foot, and the walk from there to the hotel is mostly flat or downhill, easy to navigate with luggage. Taxis are also available from the port or airport, though there are only about 25 taxis in total serving the whole island, so there is often a long wait; schedule ahead to avoid this – or rent a car. A taxi from the airport to Grace Hotel should be about €20, and a taxi from the ferry port to Grace Hotel should be about €20 too. There will be a small surcharge for luggage, or for booking in advance. If renting a car, there is free parking in front of the hotel (often full), near the Imerovigli Basketball Court, and near Sunbird Rent-A-Car. Imerovigli has the hardest-to-find parking in Santorini, so you may have to circle around a couple times to find a spot.
- Handy to: The Oia-Fira Hiking Trail (1-minute walk), Anastasi Church (4-minute walk), Skaros Rock (8-minute walk).
Map of Grace Santorini Hotel
Grace Hotel Santorini – The Basics
- Ages: This is an adults-only hotel, and guests must be at least 14 years old to stay here, with the exception of the villa, which is for all ages. Guests tend to be couples on a romantic getaway.
- Beach: The nearest beach is Exo Gialos, a quiet, black sand beach with intriguing wind-sculpted cliffs at its southern end. The best beach bar and restaurant is East Breeze, just a few meters from the cliffs (15-minute drive). The north end has a small harbor, and another great beach bar and restaurant called Yalos (12-minute drive). From the hotel, it’s a short 4.8 km drive to the north end, or 7.2 km to the south end, where the cliffs are.
- View: Exceptional caldera and sunset views throughout the hotel, centered on Skaros Rock.
- Kitchen: The villa includes a fully-equipped and stocked kitchen with a private chef available on request.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Most rooms, suites, and the villa have private, heated, outdoor plunge pools. Those include the Deluxe Room with Plunge Pool, Junior Suite with Plunge Pool, Honeymoon Suite, Superior Suite, and VIP Suite. The VIP Suite has the largest terrace, while the Grace Suite has a second, indoor plunge pool and steam room. The Villa features an indoor jacuzzi and steam room in addition to its outdoor, heated swimming pool, larger than the plunge pools at the suites.
- Parking: There is free parking in front of the hotel, which is often full. The main parking area in Imerovigli is near the Basketball Court, and there is a small lot near Sunbird Rent-A-Car; both of these are free lots. Imerovigli has the hardest-to-find parking in Santorini, so you may have to circle around a couple of times to find a spot.
- Extras: Everlasting memories (Polaroid photo on arrival, and a memory box to keep Santorini mementos), weddings and events, complimentary yoga and pilates classes, personalized in-room amenities [pillow menu, fragrance selection, food preferences, monogrammed robes (for additional fee)], complimentary yoga and pilates classes, twice daily maid service, different turndown service nightly (chocolates and brandy, popcorn and movies, tea and delicacies, etc.), 24-hour reception, 24-hour room service.
- When to Book: The hotel is open from mid-April to November 1. Reserve at least 4 months in advance (6 months is better) for stays during high season from June through September, and about 2 months in advance for the low and shoulder seasons.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +30 22860 21300
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: gracehotels.com
- Video: Hotel Review of Grace
Grace Hotel Santorini – Amenities
- Pool: The largest infinity pool in the caldera, with gorgeous views of Skaros Rock, Thirassia, the volcano, and of each tip of the island itself.
- Spa: No spa, but in-room spa treatments are available.
- Fitness Center: Small but well-equipped gym with cardio machines, free weights, and state-of-the-art cable machines. Complimentary yoga and pilates classes are available daily.
- For Disabled Guests: This is a caldera hotel with lots of steps and no elevator. Many of the smaller suites have loft bedrooms. Not suitable for guests with mobility issues.
- For Families: This is mostly an adults-only hotel, and guests must be at least 14 years old to stay in the rooms and suites, though The Villa is available for guests of all ages. It is not recommended for very young children due to the number of stairs in the hotel.
- Activities: Grace offers exclusive Bespoke Experiences that center on wellness, wine, photography, culture, and caldera cruises. Additionally, their dedicated team of concierges can arrange private helicopter tours, island excursions, dive tours, and much more.
- Other Facilities: Chapel, boutique, wedding, and event spaces.
Grace Hotel Santorini – Food and Drink
- Restaurant: Santoro is Grace’s signature restaurant. Winner of Greece’s prestigious Golden Cup Award, Santoro is open all day for breakfast, lunch, and dinner in the main restaurant, and for snacks and cocktails at their pool bar. The menu features inspired Mediterranean flavors, which can all be customized to suit each guest’s palate. The atmosphere during lunch or at the pool bar is casual, while dinner service is an elegant fine dining experience. The restaurant is open to the public, so it is best to make reservations to get a table with the best view, especially if traveling during the high season. Lunch is served until 6:30 p.m., and dinner is served until 11:00 p.m. • $$$$.
- Lounge/Bar: 363 Champagne Lounge has recently been named the Best Hotel Bar in Europe, and is an especially popular spot for sunset cocktails. With a wide array of bubbles, local wines, and superb cocktails, this lounge is a favorite of guests and locals alike. Do not miss their signature Grace Cocktail. Open from 4:00 p.m. until midnight.
- Breakfast: Complimentary breakfast is served every morning at Santoro from 7:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. Breakfast is a decadent 5-course affair featuring local products and superior recipes. The set menu changes every day, and can be tailored to guests’ preferences. Guests may order something entirely different than the set meal, if they prefer, at no additional charge.
- Room Service: Available 24 hours.
Grace Hotel Santorini – Rooms
- Room Types: Deluxe Room • Deluxe Room with Plunge Pool • Junior Suite • Junior Suite with Plunge Pool • Honeymoon Suite • Superior Suite • VIP Suite • Grace Suite • The Villa
- Smoking Rooms: The hotel does not allow smoking in any of their room categories. It is allowed on the private outdoor terraces and in the outdoor common areas.
- Best Room: The Grace Suite is the highest suite category, perfect for couples. It is the most private of their suites and features an outdoor plunge pool with panoramic caldera views, and an indoor plunge pool with sunset views. The suite features a king-sized bed, an open-plan layout, a steam room, and a 2-person shower.
- For Families: Most rooms and suites at Grace are for adults only (ages 14 and up). The one exception is their luxurious Villa, which is open to guests of all ages. The Villa can be arranged as a 1 or 2-bedroom unit, and features an outdoor, heated swimming pool, 2-level sun terraces, an outdoor fireplace, and gazebo, with panoramic caldera views throughout. It also boasts its own private spa with an indoor jacuzzi, steam room, and treatment room as well as a fully-equipped, fully-stocked kitchen with an optional private chef.
Grace Hotel Santorini – Local Transport
- Walking: The hotel is located in the center of Imerovigli, above the caldera, and on the Oia-Fira hiking trail, with the village’s best restaurants, shops, and attractions just a few meters away. Easy access to all dining and attractions in Imerovigli as well as the nightlife and shopping in Fira, just a 31-minute walk south.
- Bus: The nearest bus is in Imerovigli village, near Sunbird car rental and Posidonia Tavern, an 8-minute walk from the hotel. Buses here serve all of the major villages and beaches on the island, often with a change in Fira if heading to the airport, port, or beaches. Tickets are bought on board, and range from €1.80 to €2.50 per person in the daytime, depending on the route. Night buses (12:30 a.m. to 5:00 a.m.) run less frequently and cost a little more, from €2.30 to €3.10. Buses can get very crowded, especially during the high season, so much so that they often fill to capacity and are unable to take on more passengers. There are only 23 public buses serving the island.
- Taxis: The nearest taxi stand is at Stathmos Taxi, all the way down in Fira, so not very practical to walk or bus to. Plus, there is often a wait here as there are only 25 taxis serving the entire island (with guests from about 1,000 hotels, villas, and Airbnbs). Book ahead to avoid the wait, and have them meet you directly at the hotel. There will be a small surcharge for advanced reservations and for carrying luggage, usually just a couple of Euros. The average rate from Imerovigli to Fira is roughly €10, and from Imerovigli to the airport or port is around €20.
- Scooters/motorcycles: Just don’t, unless you’re Evel Knievel! Scooters are the main mode of transportation for the locals, but if you’re unfamiliar with the terrain, it can be very dangerous. The roads here are zigzagging, hilly, narrow, and have sheer drop-offs with no guardrails and no street lights in most areas. Lots of dirt roads and potholes.
- ATVs: This is a super popular mode of transportation with tourists, but the locals absolutely hate them. They move too slowly and hold up traffic in an area where getting around is already a hassle. ATVs with smaller motors have been banned from the roads, and a full ban is expected to pass soon.
Grace Hotel Santorini – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants
- The Athenian House: Elegant fine dining with spectacular sunset views. Contemporary and imaginative Greek dishes incorporate modern gastronomic techniques and locally-sourced ingredients. Most of all, they’re delicious. 3-minute walk.
- La Maison: Contemporary, Greek fine dining with sweeping caldera views. Food, wine, and service are all phenomenal. 8-minute walk.
- Avocado: Traditional Greek menu, charming space, super friendly staff. Cycladic recipes and a fantastic selection of Santorinian wines. 9-minute walk.
- Anogi: Al fresco dining with local specialties and classic Greek dishes. Rich flavors and large portions, so come hungry. 9-minute walk.
- Le Moustache: Elevated Greek and Mediterranean dining and excellent cocktails with panoramic sunset views over the caldera. 10-minute walk.
- OVAC: Mediterranean-Asian fusion with spectacular sunset views and a romantic ambiance. Stupidly expensive, but everything on the menu is absolute perfection. 26-minute walk.
Best Nearby Bars and Breweries
Best Nearby Cafes
- Hlios Bakery: Good coffee, basic pastries, and deli sandwiches. Not exceptional, but they’re cheap and they deliver (cash only for deliveries). 9-minute walk.
- To Briki: Fantastic café, the best place to try traditional Greek coffee. Breakfasts are superb and the sunset views are gorgeous. 17-minute walk.
Nearby Shopping & Cool Shops
- Oia-Fira Hiking Trail: 1-minute walk. One of the top attractions on the island is this scenic 10.5 km hiking trail connecting Oia and Fira. A mix of sidewalk, cobblestones, and dirt trail, this route boasts gorgeous vistas the entire way. Hiking northwest, the full length of the path from the hotel to Oia Castle takes about 2 hours. Heading south to the trail’s end in Fira, near Keti Hotel, takes about 33 minutes. Add at least 30 minutes for a detour at Skaros Rock either way.
- Agios Georgios Church: Small white church on a platform over the caldera, marking the start of the trail to Skaros Rock. Gorgeous, panoramic views from here. 3-minute walk.
- Anastasi Church: The most picturesque, blue-domed church in Imerovigli offers gorgeous caldera views overlooking Skaros Rock. Popular for weddings and photo shoots. 4-minute walk.
- Imerovigli Basketball Court: Not an attraction, but good to know. This is the main parking area in Imerovigli. 9-minute walk or 3-minute drive.
- Skaros Rock: Impressive volcanic rock formation housing the ruins of a medieval castle and town, dating to 1207. The monastery at its base, Panagia Theoskepasti, is the only part of Skaros that is still active. 8-minute walk.
Nearby Markets or Grocery Stores
- Jimmy’s Market Cava: Market and deli with a great selection (especially the wines) plus great coffee and breakfast sandwiches (more consistent and better quality breakfasts than Hlios, but they don’t deliver). 9-minute walk.
- Supermarket Nissi: The friendliest market in the area, and usually the best prices in Imerovigli. 9-minute walk.
Grace Santorini – The Hotel
- Anteliz Suites – Review
- Aria Suites – Review
- Athina Luxury Suites – Review
- Celestia Grand – Review
- Cosmopolitan Suites – Review
- Above Blue Suites – Review
- Absolute Bliss – Review
- Aenaon Villas – Review
- Andronis Concept Wellness – Review
- Astra Suites – Review
- Cavo Tagoo – Review
- Chromata Santorini – Review
- Heliotopos Hotel – Review
- Honeymoon Petra Villas – Review
- Iconic Santorini – Review
- Remezzo Villas – Review
- San Antonio – Review
- Santorini Princess Spa Hotel – Review
- Sophia Luxury Suites – Review
- Tamarix Del Mar – Review
- Vedema Resort – Review
- 270 Oia’s View – Review
- Andronis Boutique Hotel – Review
- Andronis Luxury Suites – Review
- Anemomilos Hotel and Villas – Review
- Canaves Hotel – Review
- Canaves Suites – Review
- Elysian Suites – Review
- Esperas Santorini – Review
- Gabbiano Apartments – Review
- Ikies Traditional Houses – Review
- Katikies – Review
- Kirini Santorini – Review
- Maregio Suites – Review
- Myst Boutique Hotel – Review
- Mystique Hotel – Review
- Mythique Villas and Suites – Review
- Oia Castle Luxury Suites – Review
- Perivolas Hotel – Review
- Santo Maris Oia – Review
- White Pearl Villas – Review
- Zoe Aegeas Traditional Houses – Review
- Meltemi Village – Review
- Istoria Hotel – Review
- Carpe Diem Santorini – Review
The Suites, Location, and View at Santorini Grace Hotel
Menu at Santorini Grace
Good Hotels near Grace Santorini
If Grace is fully booked (as often happens), all of these hotels have incredible views and are within a 5 minute walk of Grace.
- Tholos Resort • Reviews • (Hotel phone: +30 2286 022618)
- Sophia Suites • Reviews • (Hotel phone: +30 2286 021181)
- Absolute Bliss • Reviews • (Hotel phone: +30 2286 021310)
- Kasimatis Studios • Reviews • (Hotel phone: +30 2286 028848)