• Location: Floating on the River Seine in Paris 13th arrondissment, near the Austerlitz train station.
• Hotel website: offparisseine.com
• Hotel phone: +33 1 44 06 62 66
• Check prices for Off Paris Seine
The first floating hotel in Paris, Off Paris Seine is built on a barge docked along the Seine near the Austerlitz Viaduct. The vibe is hip and young, and decor is fresh and modern; there’s a full bar featuring live music and DJs on the weekend, and a lap pool right on the water. Located in the yet-to-be discovered 13th, just on the border of the 5th, near lots of local riverside bars and music venues, and a short walk to two train/metro stations.
Off Paris Seine – Location
Unique location right on the River Seine in the 13th arrondissement, a touch outside of the main tourist sector; very near the Zoo, Botanic Garden, and Natural History Museum, and walkable to Île Saint-Louis. The neighborhood is full of good and reasonably-priced International restaurants, bars, and bistros. Off Paris Seine makes a convenient base for exploring the rest of Paris as well – it’s located right between two Metro and train stops: Gare de Austerlitz on the Left Bank, and Gare de Lyon on the Right.
- Address: 86 Quai d’Austerlitz
- Nearest Metro: Paris Austerlitz and Paris Gare de Lyon.
- Taxi: Airport taxis to central Paris are charged at a flat rate. Fare from Charles de Gaulle Airport is €60, fare from Orly Airport is €35.
- Private Transfer: We use and recommend Welcome Pickups car service. Booking through a private car service will cost only a bit more than a taxi – about €65 from CDG and €57 from Orly, but can be worth it to avoid the long taxi queue and for the convenience of paying ahead.
Off Paris Seine – The Basics
- Ages: Caters to a young, hip party crowd; the on-site bar/disco and those in the surrounding neighborhood can get loud and rowdy after hours – I don’t recommend this hotel for families. (See my favorite Paris hotels for families.)
- Pet Policy: Pets are not allowed.
- View: Distinctive river views from its right-on-the-Seine location, either facing the Left Bank or Right; two Horizon Suites, located at the front of the boat, feature views of both banks at once. Because the boat is docked on the Left Bank, “Seine View Rooms” look toward the Right Bank. “Dock View Rooms” look toward the Left Bank and Austerlitz Metro station – these are the “poorest” views because the least amount of river is viewable, but they are still unique by any hotel standard.
- Parking: No parking is available.
- Nice Perks: Green River Boat Cruises offers offers river cruises around the islands or to the Eiffel Tower that depart right from the hotel. (Not complimentary, book in advance.)
- When to Book: Off Paris Seine is a small and unique hotel, and rooms sell out quickly. Book well in advance (2-3 months), especially for high travel seasons of April to October, and December.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +33 1 44 06 62 66
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: offparisseine.com
Off Paris Seine – Amenities
- Pool: Small, lap-sized pool (less for swimming laps than just hanging out in) situated between two bar areas. Especially popular at night.
- Spa: No spa.
- Fitness Center: No fitness center.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: None.
Off Paris Seine – Food and Drink
- Restaurant: There is no proper restaurant; tapas, planches (charcuterie and cheese plates), and desserts are available in the bar from 6-11pm.
- Lounge/Bar: The hotel bar offers unique panoramic Seine views with drinks and snacks from 5:30pm to 1am (kitchen closes at midnight). Attracts a young party crowd; there’s live music on Friday nights and a DJ every Saturday.
- Breakfast: A (not complimentary) buffet-style breakfast is served every day from 7-11am. Weekend brunch on Saturdays and Sundays is served from 12-3pm.
- Room Service: Room service is available during limited hours.
Off Paris Seine – Rooms
- Room Types: Dock View Room • Seine View Room • Horizon Suite • Designer Sunset Suite • Designer Silver Suite • List of all rooms
- Smoking Rooms: Off Paris Seine is a non-smoking property.
- Best Room: Two relatively roomy (30 sqm) Horizon Suites are located at the front of the boat, offering unique panoramic views of the river and both banks.
Off Paris Seine – What’s Nearby?
- Pause Bobun – Inexpensive but excellent Vietnamese food.
- Chez Lili et Marcel – Classic and relaxed bistro that serves an excellent burger.
- Restaurant Karma – Cheap, cozy, and delicious Tibetan restaurant.
- Aux 2 Saveurs – French/Vietnamese fusion cuisine near the Gare de Lyon.
- Le Pellicano – Intimate Italian spot with good pizza and antipasti.
- Le Train Bleu – Classic upscale French in a stunningly opulent Belle Epoque dining room in the Gare de Lyon.
- La Mosquée de Paris – Beautiful Mosque tearoom with delicious North African pastries.
- La Table d’Hami – Fresh and well-spiced Korean food near the Natural History Museum.
- Restaurant Desvouges – Perfectly prepared traditional French cooking, reasonably priced.
- L’ Agrume – Refined, high-end French cuisine with a great value lunch menu.
- Terronia – Cozy Italian spot in the Latin Quarter.
- Dans les Landes – Creatively-presented Basque tapas; friendly staff.
Nearby Bars & Breweries
- Barapapa – Large terrace on the Seine for drinks, snacks, and live music.
- Express de Lyon – Casual pub with a great beer selection (especially French and Belgian), well priced. Small but decent food menu.
- Le Pop-Up du Label – Relaxed hipster-heavy place with a restaurant/bar upstairs and live music below.
- Supersonic – Live music venue in the Bastille with a gritty atmosphere, cheap drinks, and free entry.
- Le Baron Rouge – Excellent neighborhood wine bar with fresh oysters September through April.
Cool Shops Nearby
- Parasolerie Heurtault – Beautiful handmade umbrellas and parasols.
- Diptyque – The flagship store of this luxury Paris candlemaker and parfumerie.
- Marché d’Aligre – Excellent -air market with food and antiques.
Nearby Market or Grocery
- Carrefour Market – Standard supermarket with a good selection and decent prices.
- Pharmacie de Bercy – Pharmacy selling medications, first aid supplies, and French beauty products.
- Rue Mouffetard – Great market street with produce, wine, meat, cheese, bread, cafés, and restaurants. 9am – 1pm Tuesday to Saturday, 9am – noon on Sunday. Closed Monday.
- Bastille Market – Street market with all the usual floodstuffs, plus leather goods, clothing, and housewares.
Nearby Attractions & Things to Do
- Jardin des Plantes
- National Museum of Natural History
- Menagerie du Jardin des Plantes (Zoo)
- Coulée Verte René-Dumont
- Arab World Institute
- Grande Mosquée de Paris
- Accor Arena
- Opera Bastille
- Île Saint-Louis
- Paradis Latin Cabaret
- Place de la Bastille
- Arènes de Lutèce
Off Paris Seine – The Hotel
Paris Hotels – Tips and Recommendations
- Best Luxury Hotels in Paris: Shangri-La (old world Paris charm) • Four Seasons George V (5-star luxury)
- Best Boutique Hotels in Paris: Relais Christine (small romantic boutique) • Grand Hôtel du Palais Royal (great central location)
- Best Mid-range Hotel in Paris: Hotel Emile (trendy, central, and fun)
- Paris Hotels with Balcony: Mandarin Oriental • Pullman Tour Eiffel • Le 12 • Hotel Residence Foch • Holiday Inn Notre Dame • Hotel Ekta Champs Elysées • The Peninsula (the garden suite is incredible)
- Paris Hotels with Pool: Le Bristol • Mandarin Oriental • Le Burgundy • Saint James Albany • Shangri-La • The Peninsula • Four Seasons
- Paris Hotels with Kitchen: Fraser Suites Le Claridge Champs-Elysées • La Clef Tour Eiffel • Splendide Royal • Residence Henri IV • Saint James Albany • Citadines Les Halles • Le Patio Bastille • Le Marais Hôtel De Ville
- Paris Hotels with Views of Eiffel Tower: Hotel Plaza Athenee • Pullman Tour Eiffel • Le Parisis • Hôtel Brighton • Shangri-La • Westin Vendôme
- Paris Travel Guide
- Best Hotels in Paris
- Best Hotels in Paris for Families
- Best Boutique Hotels in Paris
- Best Cheap Hotels in Paris
- Paris Choice Hotels
- Charles de Gaulle Airport Hotels
- Paris Hotels with Swimming Pools
- Where to Stay in Paris
- Paris Hotel Map
- Paris Hotel Reviews
- Best Time to Visit Paris
- Best Things to Do in Paris
- Best Restaurants in Paris
- Best Bars in Paris
- Best Shops & Markets in Paris
- Best Patisseries & Chocolatiers
- Paris with Kids
- Best Books about Paris
- Visiting Versailles from Paris
- London to Paris by Eurostar Train