The first floating hotel in Paris, Hotel Off Paris Seine is built on a barge docked along the Seine near the Austerlitz Viaduct. The vibe is hip and young, and decor is fresh and modern; there’s a full bar featuring live music and DJs on the weekend, and a lap pool right on the water. Located in the yet-to-be discovered 13th, just on the border of the 5th, near lots of local riverside bars and music venues, and a short walk to the metro.
Off Paris Seine – The Basics
- Location: Unique location right on the River Seine in the 13th arrondissement, a touch outside of the main tourist sector; very near the Zoo, Botanic Garden, and Natural History Museum, and walkable to Île Saint-Louis. The neighborhood is full of good and reasonably-priced International restaurants, bars, and bistros. Off Paris Seine makes a convenient base for exploring the rest of Paris as well – it’s located right between two Metro stops: Gare de Austerlitz on the Left Bank, and Gare de Lyon on the Right.
- Ages: Caters to a young, hip party crowd; the on-site bar/disco and those in the surrounding neighborhood can get loud and rowdy after hours – I don’t recommend this hotel for families. (See my favorite Paris hotels for families.)
- Pet Policy: Pets are not allowed.
- View: Distinctive river views from its right-on-the-Seine location, either facing the Left Bank or Right; two Horizon Suites, located at the front of the boat, feature views of both banks at once. Because the boat is docked on the Left Bank, “Seine View Rooms” look toward the Right Bank. “Dock View Rooms” look toward the Left Bank and Austerlitz Metro station – these are the “poorest” views because the least amount of river is viewable, but they are still unique by any hotel standard.
- Wi-Fi Internet: Wi-Fi is complimentary.
- Parking: No parking is available.
- Nice Perks: Green River Boat Cruises offers offers river cruises around the islands or to the Eiffel Tower that depart right from the hotel. (Not complimentary, book in advance.)
- Phone: +33 1 44 06 62 66
- Email: [email protected]
- When To Book: Off Paris Seine is a small and unique hotel, and rooms sell out quickly. Book well in advance (2-3 months), especially for high travel seasons of April to October, and December.
- How To Book: Booking.com will have the best rates. Use the website specific to your language, currency, and home-country for easiest use: UK • USA • Français • Deutsch • Nederlands.
Off Paris Seine – Amenities
- Pool: Small, lap-sized pool (less for swimming laps than just hanging out in) situated between two bar areas. Especially popular at night.
- Spa: No spa.
- Fitness Center: No fitness center.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: None.
Off Paris Seine – Food and Drink
- Restaurant: There is no proper restaurant; tapas, planches (charcuterie and cheese plates), and desserts are available in the bar from 6-11pm.
- Lounge/Bar: The hotel bar offers unique panoramic Seine views with drinks and snacks from 5:30pm to 1am (kitchen closes at midnight). Attracts a young party crowd; there’s live music on Friday nights and a DJ every Saturday.
- Breakfast: A (not complimentary) buffet-style breakfast is served every day from 7-11am. Weekend brunch on Saturdays and Sundays is served from 12-3pm.
- Room Service: Room service is available during limited hours.
Off Paris Seine – Rooms
- Room Types: Dock View Room • Seine View Room • Horizon Suite • Designer Sunset Suite • Designer Silver Suite • List of all rooms
- Smoking Rooms: Off Paris Seine is a non-smoking property.
- Best Room: Two relatively roomy (30 sqm) Horizon Suites are located at the front of the boat, offering unique panoramic views of the river and both banks.
Off Paris Seine – What’s Nearby?
Recommended Nearby Tours & Tickets
- Batobus River Shuttle – 24 or 48-hour pass to for a riverboat shuttle that stops at the Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame, Louvre, and more. 7-minute walk to the Jardin des Plantes shuttle stop. (September to March only.)
- Paridis Latin Show – Enjoy a world-famous cabaret show with a complimentary glass of champagne. 19-minute walk.
- Perfume Creation Workshop – 90-minute introduction to the art and science of perfume making, wherein you’ll concoct your own signature fragrance. 26-minute walk.
- GetYourGuide.com – The best website for booking tours and tickets in Paris.
- Pause Bobun – Inexpensive but excellent Vietnamese food. 7-minute walk.
- Chez Lili et Marcel – Classic and relaxed bistro that serves an excellent burger. 9-minute walk.
- Restaurant Karma – Cheap, cozy, and delicious Tibetan restaurant. 13-minute walk.
- Aux 2 Saveurs – French/Vietnamese fusion cuisine near the Gare de Lyon. 13-minute walk.
- Le Pellicano – Intimate Italian spot with good pizza and antipasti. 13-minute walk.
- Le Train Bleu – Classic upscale French in a stunningly opulent Belle Epoque dining room in the Gare de Lyon. 14-minute walk.
- Cafe De La Grande Mosquée – Beautiful Mosque tearoom with delicious North African pastries. 15-minute walk.
- La Table d’Hami – Fresh and well-spiced Korean food near the Natural History Museum. 15-minute walk.
- Restaurant Desvouges – Perfectly prepared traditional French cooking, reasonably priced. 16-minute walk.
- L’ Agrume – Refined, high-end French cuisine with a great value lunch menu. 17-minute walk.
- Terronia – Cozy Italian spot in the Latin Quarter. 18-minute walk.
- Dans les Landes – Creatively-presented Basque tapas; friendly staff. 20-minute walk.
Nearby Bars & Breweries
- Barapapa – Large terrace on the Seine for drinks, snacks, and live music. 7-minute walk.
- L’Express de Lyon – Casual pub with a great beer selection (especially French and Belgian), well priced. Small but decent food menu. 12-minute walk.
- Le Pop-Up du Label – Relaxed hipster-heavy place with a restaurant/bar upstairs and live music below. 16-minute walk.
- Supersonic – Live music venue in the Bastille with a gritty atmosphere, cheap drinks, and free entry. 17-minute walk.
- Le Baron Rouge – Excellent neighborhood wine bar with fresh oysters September through April. 20-minute walk.
Cool Shops Nearby
Nearby Market or Grocery
- Carrefour Market – Standard supermarket with a good selection and decent prices. 14-minute walk.
- Pharmacie de Bercy – Pharmacy selling medications, first aid supplies, and French beauty products. 10-minute walk.
- Rue Mouffetard – Great market street with produce, wine, meat, cheese, bread, cafés, and restaurants. 9am – 1pm Tuesday to Saturday, 9am – noon on Sunday. Closed Monday. 21-minute walk.
- Bastille Market – Street market with all the usual floodstuffs, plus leather goods, clothing, and housewares. 22-minute walk.
Nearby Attractions & Things to Do
- Jardin des Plantes – 6-minute walk.
- National Museum of Natural History – 7-minute walk.
- Menagerie du Jardin des Plantes (Zoo) – 10-minute walk.
- Fox in a Box Paris – 11-minute walk.
- Coulée Verte René-Dumont – 15-minute walk.
- Arab World Institute – 15-minute walk.
- Grande Mosquée de Paris – 15-minute walk.
- AccorHotels Arena – 16-minute walk.
- Opera Bastille – 18-minute walk.
- Île Saint-Louis – 19-minute walk.
- Paradis Latin Cabaret – 19-minute walk.
- Place de la Bastille – 20-minute walk.
- Arènes de Lutèce – 20-minute walk.