• Affiliate Disclosure: All hotel links on my site are affiliate links meaning I earn a small fee when you book a hotel. (There is never any extra cost to you for using these links).
• Charitable Giving: I use some of these earnings for my monthly donation.
• Updates: Get my free newsletter and all new travel guides, maps & hotel reviews.
All Inclusive Resorts in Santorini – 10 Things to Know
1. There are no true All Inclusive Hotels in Santorini. If you’re looking for an all-inclusive holiday or vacation that includes all meals then Santorini is not the place. The hotels on Santorini are generally small, unique, and family owned. While there are plenty of Boutique Hotels in Santorini (the island is known for its luxury accommodations) there are also some very good inexpensive hotels that are clean, well-maintained, and great value. Santorini does not have to be expensive- there are plenty of good, cheap Santorini hotels.
2. There are some all inclusive holiday packages that do include hotel, flight, and ferry transportation. While these can be cheap package holidays, in general, they are not the best way to book a holiday to Santorini.
3. You will get the best deals, the best hotels, and the best flights (times and routes) if you book your hotel and flight separately and not as part of a holiday package. The best website to use for flights is Kayak.com and the best website for reserving hotels is Booking.com. Private transport to your Santorini hotel from the airport or ferry port can be booked in advance through Welcome Pickups. Your total costs may initially seem better with a package holiday but the hotels, in particular, that you get by booking on your own are much better quality and value.
4. The best time to visit Santorini is from April to early November. If you want good beach weather then late May to early October is the time to go. If you’re more interested in food, wine, and sightseeing then April to June and September to mid-November is best.
5. The best hotels in Santorini (and the best places to stay) are in Fira, Oia, Imerovigli, and Firostefani. These towns have direct views of the caldera and volcano. Staying in one of these 4 towns is what makes Santorini so incredible and unique. Highly recommended!
6. Santorini is filled with great restaurants and tavernas. Eating in Santorini is a highlight of visiting. These are my favorite restaurants in Santorini.
7. One week is a perfect length of time to visit Santorini. The island is loaded with things to see, do, and explore. It’s a small island – and easy to get around – but don’t think that there isn’t lots of sightseeing. Doing a Santorini boat tour and wine tour are a must!
8. Try to visit more than one island if you have more than one week in Greece. Santorini, Crete, Mykonos, and Athens all have direct flights from London, Manchester, and Edinburgh (as well as Paris, Amsterdam, Berlin, Rome, Venice, and Milan) so it’s easy to fly into one destination and fly out of a different one. This way you save the time and expense of backtracking to get your return flight home. The most popular itinerary is to fly into Santorini, ferry to Naxos or Paros, ferry to Mykonos, and fly home.
9. The Best Hotels in Santorini. Luxury Hotels: Grace Santorini (Imerovigli) and Katikies (Oia) • Mid-range Hotels: Kavalari (Fira) and Agali Houses (Firostefani) • Cheap Hotels: San Giorgio (Fira) and Agnadi Villas (Oia).
10. The single best thing to do in Santorini is the hike along the caldera from Fira to Oia. Amazing! Other great things to do are a boat tour of the caldera and sunset, visiting the ancient site of Akrotiri, and doing a wine tour of Santorini’s small and wonderful wineries. These are my favorite tours and attractions in Santorini.
Recommended Greece Travel Agents
- Fantasy Travel – Good for planning trips to Greece and the Greek islands.