Updated: October 21, 2016
Paros Hotels – Tips and Recommendations
- Paros is a great island only 2 hours by ferry from both Santorini and Mykonos. Great beaches, a lively nightlife, wonderful white washed towns. Paros is one of my favorite islands in Greece.
- Parikia (where the ferry arrives) and Naoussa are 2 charming towns with loads of restaurants, lots of nightlife, and several wonderful nearby beaches. Both are great for wandering, shopping, eating, and evening strolls. Parikia has more shopping. Naoussa has a trendier vibe and better restaurants.
- The best restaurants on Paros are Franca Scala (Parikia) and Taverna Glafkos (Naoussa).
- Hotel owners regularly greet arriving ferries in large numbers. If you haven’t booked in advance this is an easy way to find cheap accommodations. (Tip: If they say their hotel is “very close” then offer to walk there with them instead of hopping in their vehicle. That way you’re sure it really is close to the action around the port.)
- The best beaches on Paros are Kolymbithres, Golden Beach, and Santa Maria. Most beaches are easy to get to by bus but renting a car does allow you to see more of the island in a short amount of time.
- Antiparos is a great day trip from Paros. Wonderful beaches and food. Boats leave about every hour through the early morning and afternoon from the Parikia port. The last boat back to Paros is at 7pm. Statheros is the best restaurant on Antiparos and worth the trip over by itself – great traditional Greek food and located steps from where the boats from Paros arrive.
The 11 Best Hotels on Paros
Akrotiri Hotel – near Parikia
Wonderful hotel with great views of port and bay. Not located right in Parikia so it’s a longish walk or short drive to shops and restaurants. Large family rooms are 2 interconnected rooms.
Polos Hotel – Parikia
Good mid-range hotel with a huge pool (and pool bar). Easy walk to many restaurants and central Parikia. Great value.
Argonauta Hotel – Parikia
Family-run hotel in the heart of Parikia and walking distance to the ferry port. Good value rooms with small balconies. Nice breakfasts. Hotel phone: +30 2284 021440
Captain Manolis Hotel – Parikia
Triples and quadruples are great budget rooms for families. Nice garden courtyard, rooms have balconies or patios, very central location. Hotel phone: +30 22840 21244
Astir of Paros – near Naoussa
Nice suites, huge pool, located on a beautiful private beach (close to Naoussa but not walking distance). Amazing breakfasts. There’s a kids’ pool and the hotel is popular with families but it’s large enough to never seem busy. Hotel phone: +30 22840 51976-84
Kallisti Complex – Naoussa
Gorgeous hotel a 5 minute walk from Naoussa’s restaurants and bars. Large rooms and a wonderful pool. This is the best hotel in Naoussa.
Lilly Residence – Naoussa
An adults-only boutique hotel that’s simple, clean, modern, and quiet. There’s a nice pool. 100m from a beautiful sandy beach and a short walk to restaurants, shops, and clubs of hip Naoussa. Hotel phone: +30 22840 51377
Kanale’s – Naoussa
A superb luxury hotel in the funky and friendly Naoussa. The penthouse suites are truly awesome. There’s a beautiful pool and small beach nearby. Hotel phone: +30 22840-52044
Paliomylos Spa Hotel – Naoussa
Great location and a fun relaxing vibe. Staff and owners are super friendly. Many restaurants within a short walk.
Hotel Senia – Naoussa
Great view and amazing breakfasts. Short walk into town. The Family Apartments are large and comfortably sleep 4 or 5.
Yria Hotel Resort – Parasporos Beach
Huge pool with lots of sun loungers. 5 minute walk to a great beach with 2 friendly tavernas. The 2-floor Maisonettes sleep 4 and are great for families. The resort is a 5 minute drive from Parikia but if you don’t have a rental car you might feel a little isolated here. Hotel phone: +30 22840 24154