- Where to Stay in Santorini
- Best Hotels in Santorini
- Santorini Cruises
- Maps of Santorini
- Best Santorini Tours
- Greek Ferry Guide
Vacation Packages for Santorini
Common Question: How do I book a Vacation Package to Santorini?
My Answer: You don’t want to.
You can get better vacation deals and have a more interesting holiday by booking your flight and hotel separately. It’s easy to do. (Read my Santorini Holiday Guide if you need any tips.) After plenty of pandemic-related upheaval, Santorini travel returned to normal in 2023 and is set to be more popular than ever in 2024 (do book hotels and flights early).
When you plan your Santorini holiday or honeymoon on your own you get the dates you truly want, the flights that work best for you, the hotel with the best reviews. With packages it’s all about compromise. Agents have blocks of reservations for popular vacation spots, specific flights, and certain hotels. Their goal is to squeeze you into one of those blocks. I’m not suggesting this can never work out. It can.
Santorini is such a unique treasure this is one trip you don’t want to have a cookie-cutter experience. The caldera hotels with the best views are usually not part of holiday packages. The most common vacation deals (and the packages with the cheapest costs) will put you in the beach towns of Kamari, Perissa, or Perivolos – all fine holiday spots but not the caldera experience that you might be picturing.
The Best Websites for Booking a Santorini Holiday
- Flights to Santorini: Kayak.com – Great site and very easy to use. (If you want a direct flight to Santorini from Europe – without going through Athens – then you’ll likely have to book a cheap budget airline like Ryan Air or Easy Jet.) Most flights to Santorini depart from London, Paris, Amsterdam, Frankfurt, Berlin, Rome, and Athens. There are also direct flights to Mykonos from the rest of Europe.
- Hotels in Santorini: Booking.com – Reliable, easy to use website with good prices for hotels, villas, and holiday rentals.
- Ferries to Santorini: FerryHopper.com – Booking ferries more than a few weeks in advance is rarely necessary (so book flights and hotels first). If you are traveling during high season (late June to early September) and want to book ferry tickets in advance, or need to search for ferry schedules then this is the site to use.
And that’s it. It’s pretty easy.
But if you still want the name of a respected travel agent that offers vacation packages to Santorini and the Greek islands then check out my list of the best Greece Travel Agents.
- Santorini Travel Guide
- Maps of Santorini
- Videos of Santorini
- Mykonos Travel Guide
- Greece Travel Guide
- Italy Travel Guide
- The Best Hotel Booking Sites
- The Best Hotels on Santorini
- The Best Tours and Things to Do in Santorini
- The Best Hotels on Mykonos
- The Best Hotels in Crete
- The Best Hotels in Athens