Booking Santorini Vacation Packages
Common Question: How do I book a Vacation Package to Santorini?
My Answer: You don’t.
You can get better vacation deals and have a more interesting holiday by booking your flight and hotel separately. It’s easy to do. (Read my Santorini Holiday Guide if you need any tips.)
When you plan your holiday or honeymoon on your own you get the dates you truly want, the flights that work best for you, the hotel with the best reviews. With packages it’s all about compromise. Agents have blocks of reservations for certain flights and certain hotels. Their goal is to squeeze you into one of those blocks. I’m not suggesting this can never work out. It can.
But Santorini is such a unique treasure this is one trip you don’t want to have a cookie-cutter experience.
The Best Websites for Booking a Santorini Holiday
- Flights to Santorini: Kayak.com – Great site and very easy to use. (If you want a direct flight to Santorini from Europe – without going through Athens – then you’ll likely have to book a cheap budget airline like Ryan Air or Easy Jet.) Most flights to Santorini depart from London, Paris, Amsterdam, Rome, and Athens.
- Hotels in Santorini: Booking.com – Reliable, easy to use website with great rates.
- Ferries to Santorini: FerryHopper.com – Booking ferries more than a few days in advance is rarely necessary (so you can wait to buy most ferry tickets until after you arrive – when it’s super simple). But if you are traveling during high season (late June to early September) and want to book ferry tickets in advance, or need to search for ferry schedules then this is the site to use.
And that’s it. It’s pretty easy.
But if you still want the name of a respected travel agent that offers holiday packages to Santorini here’s a good one in Greece: Fantasy Travel.
- Santorini Travel Guide
- Maps of Santorini
- Videos of Santorini
- Mykonos Travel Guide
- Greece Travel Guide
- Italy Travel Guide
- The Best Hotel Booking Sites
- The Best Hotels on Santorini
- The Best Tours and Things to Do in Santorini
- The Best Hotels on Mykonos
- The Best Hotels in Crete
- The Best Hotels in Athens