Ibis Bengaluru City Centre Hotel – Funky and functional, it offers five-star rooms without the five-star rates and amenities.
One in an international chain of compact boutique hotels, this exudes personality from the moment guests enter the lobby. The bathrooms are undersized but the rooms are otherwise very comfortable. The décor is chic, yet the walls feature photos of old Bangalore (as the city was known before). The wide desk faces a half-sized window from where views of the stadium and gardens are particularly appealing. No pool, spa, or mini-bar, but guests who don’t need these can enjoy the substantially lower rates. The Ibis faces a main road, but rooms are adequately soundproofed, and uniquely, it’s alongside a fascinating residential area resembling a village – yet within the city center.
Ibis Bengaluru City Centre Hotel – The Location
- Address: 30 Rajaram Mohan Roy Road. One-way heading west, away from the ITC Gardenia hotel, which serves as a useful landmark.
- Area: Within an inner-city business district. To the back of the hotel is a fascinating and reasonably affluent residential area that resembles a village.
- How to Get There: From the airport (35 km), take a metered taxi or arrange a pick-up with Uber or Ola (see below). Just as quick, and far cheaper, are the comfortable blue express buses (24 hours) that stop at the major junction, Richmond Circle, about 500m from the hotel. About 3.5 km from the Bengaluru City (Krantivira Sangolli Rayanna) railway terminal and adjoining Majestic (Kempegowda) bus station.
Ibis Bengaluru City Centre Hotel – The Basics
- Guests: Mostly tourists from India and abroad who don’t need the extras expected at a higher-rated and more expensive hotel.
- Views: Some rooms overlook the stadium and gardens, while others face a construction site for a high-rise, so these views will be blocked in the future.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Not expected or provided at this sort of inner-city boutique hotel.
- Extras: Daily newspaper delivered to each room.
- Wi-Fi: Available free throughout for all guests. Better speeds cost extra.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +91 (0)80 4254 8000
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: accorhotels.com
Ibis Bengaluru City Centre Hotel – Amenities
- Pool & Spa: Not expected or provided at this sort of inner-city boutique hotel.
- Fitness Center: On the top floor and fairly large for a hotel this small.
- Other Facilities: Free computer use. Money-changing.
Ibis Bengaluru City Centre Hotel – Food and Drink
- Restaurant & Bar: Spice It – Buffets at breakfast, lunch, and dinner, as well as a la carte all day. Affordable menu, hearty serves, and open-plan kitchen. Nice little outdoor area, too. • The Hub – Attached to the restaurant, this colorful bar/lounge serves a wide range of drinks.
- Breakfast: May be included, but this depends on the room and how it was booked. Available from 4 am to mid-day.
- Room Service: Not available.
Ibis Bengaluru City Centre Hotel – Rooms
- Room Types: Only 1 category – Standard Rooms (queen or twin beds). Some offer ‘Extra Benefits’ (e.g. they face the street in front, and guests receive some free laundry and drinks).
- Smoking Rooms: Smoking possible in some rooms.
- Best Room: All rooms are the same. Best are those on a higher floor for distance from the road, while those facing the front provide superior views.
- For Families: Not really set up for families. No space in the rooms for an extra single and none have connecting doors, but the lower rates make booking 2 adjoining rooms affordable.
Ibis Bengaluru City Centre Hotel – Local Transport
- Walking: With sidewalks, shade, and less traffic than other roads, walking is comparatively pleasant. Uniquely, the Ibis backs onto a residential area, almost like a village. Explore the lanes for a genuine slice of middle-class Indian city life.
- Public Transport: The Namma (Bengaluru) Metro has limited services but does go to the main bus and train stations. The nearest station – Cubbon Park – is 2 km from the hotel.
- Taxis & Auto-rickshaws: Very few taxis along the main road, so one is best arranged through reception. Otherwise, Uber and Ola are very common. For most trips around the city, auto-rickshaws are good enough, but drivers won’t use meters, so bargain hard.
Ibis Bengaluru City Centre Hotel – What’s Nearby?
Restaurants & Bars
- ITC Gardenia – 5-star mega-hotel virtually opposite the Ibis offering: Cubbon Pavilion (buffets and popular Sunday brunches), Lotus Pavilion (garden courtyard for tapas and cocktails), and Edo (award-winning Japanese cuisine).
- Parika Multicuisine Restaurant +91 99001 09637 – About 200m towards the junction. Old-style Indian restaurant with attentive service and long menu.
- Kudla Restaurant – In the same building as Parika. Traditional meals focusing on seafood, and family-friendly.
- New Udupi Upahar +91 99451 78288 – Hugely popular cafeteria, with no-fuss furniture and tasty Indian food at very low prices. At Richmond Circle, about 500m down the road.
- Mahesh Lunch Home – Intimate and well-priced, it focuses on seafood, but other meals are also available. Just before The Chancery Pavilion hotel.
- The Good Grain – Just behind Mahesh. For all sorts of healthy food and drinks, mostly with organic ingredients. (600m).
- The Chancery Pavilion – Worth the 700m walk via Richmond Circle, this classy hotel offers: ITHACA (likable café with all-day dining), Alchemy (fantastic bistro/bar on the rooftop), and Amnesia (fashionable bar/lounge with hip DJs).
- Firewood Biryani – Popular for mouth-watering kebabs and biryanis (rice-based dishes). On the other side of the road from the hotel. Use the pedestrian overpass. (800m).
- A few interesting shops (for Indians, not foreign tourists) along the road, and plenty more within the village-style residential area just behind the hotel. The huge and impressive UB City mall is packed with boutiques and bistros. Head north up Vittal Mallya Road, past the ITC Gardenia hotel, for about 1 km.
Ibis Bengaluru City Centre Hotel – The Hotel
All Bengaluru Hotel Reviews
- Best Hotels in Agra
- Where to Stay in Agra
- Best Hotels in Chennai
- Where to Stay in Chennai
- Best Hotels in Delhi
- Where to Stay in Delhi
- Best Hotels in Goa
- Best Family Hotels in Goa
- Where to Stay in Goa
- Best Hotels in Jaipur
- Where to Stay in Jaipur
- Best Hotels in Jodhpur
- Where to Stay in Jodhpur
- Best Hotels in Kolkata
- Where to Stay in Kolkata
- Best Hotels in Mumbai
- Where to Stay in Mumbai