Home > ITC Gardenia Hotel Review
Updated: October 9, 2019
ITC Gardenia, Bengaluru – Imposing, luxurious, convenient, and much more appealing than rivals in glass towers.
Certainly sumptuous, but not unnecessarily opulent, the ITC Gardenia is one in a chain of grand hotels across India. The charm and personality start at the twin lobbies and continue throughout the numerous on-site boutiques, bars, and restaurants. The other amenities – from the remarkable rooftop pool to the massive gym – are equally impressive. Rooms are also spacious and even those in the lower categories have features rarely (if ever) offered elsewhere – e.g. fruit platters, 24-hour butler service, and breakfast (which can be delivered to the room). The suites are exquisite and feature massage chairs, walk-in closets almost the size of average hotel bedrooms, and balconies packed with outdoor furniture. Located within a shady inner-city suburb, it’s within walking distance of a world-class mall.
ITC Gardenia, Bengaluru – The Location
- Address: The official address ‘1 Residency Road’ is misleading. The hotel faces Vittal Mallya Road and is 300m from Richmond Circle, where Residency Road starts.
- Area: Within an inner-city business district. At a junction where Raja Ram Mohan Roy Road splits at the stadium/gardens and becomes Vittal Mallya Road (which heads one-way south).
- How to Get There: From the airport (37km, 1-hour drive), take a metered taxi or arrange a pick-up with Uber or Ola (see below). Just as quick, and far cheaper, are the comfortable blue express buses (24 hours) that stop at the major junction, Richmond Circle, about 350m south of the hotel (5-minute walk). About 4.5km from the Bengaluru City (Krantivira Sangolli Rayanna) railway terminal and adjoining Majestic (Kempegowda) bus station (21-minute drive).
ITC Gardenia, Bengaluru – The Basics
- Guests: Government officials, business people, and foreign tourists.
- Views: With no other high-rises nearby, views from all angles are appealing, especially those overlooking the stadium and gardens.
- Kitchens: The 1-only Peacock Suite features a kitchenette.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Not really expected (or provided) at this sort of inner-city hotel.
- Extras: 30-minute internet access at the Business Center. Daily newspaper delivered to each room. 24-hour butler service for most rooms. Fruit platter.
- Wi-Fi: Free, depending on the room and how it was booked. Hefty charges otherwise.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +91 (0)80 2211 9898
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: itchotels.in
ITC Gardenia, Bengaluru – Amenities
- Pool: Remarkable setting on a lower rooftop, offering sweeping views, plenty of shade, and lots of lounge chairs. It could get busy at times, however.
- Spa: The Kaya Kalp spa offers over 30 treatments and therapies for the mind, body, and soul.
- Fitness Center: Next to the spa, the massive gym is open 24 hours. Personal trainers available.
- For Families: Cots. Baby-sitting.
- Other Facilities: Money-exchange. Helipad. Business Center. Beauty/Hair Salon. Boutiques.
ITC Gardenia, Bengaluru – Food and Drink
- Restaurants & Bars: Ottimo – Swish Italian bistro serving traditional cuisine with contemporary influences. Dinner only. • Kebabs & Kurries – Dark and almost-medieval setting for meaty meals and delectable curries. • Cubbon Pavilion – Buffets at breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and popular for Sunday brunch. Open 24 hours. • Lotus Pavilion – Prime position in the garden courtyard for light meals, tapas, and cocktails. Bar attached. • Edo – Spacious and airy bistro/bar for authentic and award-winning Japanese cuisine. Also busy at Sunday brunch. Bar attached. • Highland Nectar – Relaxing bar/lounge with minimalist décor at the lobby level. • Fabelle – Range of ‘handcrafted luxury chocolates’ in a remarkable setting.
- Breakfast: Included in rates, which is not common among rivals. Can be delivered to the rooms.
- Room Service: Available 24/7.
ITC Gardenia, Bengaluru – Rooms
- Room Types: The Towers • EVA Rooms (for ladies only) • The Towers with Balcony • ITC One • ITC One Suites • Flamingo Suites • Pelican Suites • Peacock Suite (1-only)
- Smoking Rooms: Smoking is discreetly allowed in some rooms. Ask when booking.
- Best Room: The 1-only Peacock Suite is reputed to be the largest of its kind in India. About 10 times bigger than the standard rooms, and spread across 2 levels on the highest floors.
- For Families: Some rooms and suites are large enough for a family of 3, and a few have connecting doors.
ITC Gardenia, Bengaluru – Local Transport
- Walking: With sidewalks, shade, and less traffic than other roads, walking is quite pleasant. Behind the Ibis hotel (virtually opposite the gates to the ITC) is a residential area, almost like a village. Explore the lanes for a slice of middle-class Indian city life.
- Public Transport: The Namma (Bengaluru) Metro has limited services but does go to the main bus and train stations. (Ambitious plans to connect the airport have stalled indefinitely.) The nearest station – Cubbon Park – is 2km from the hotel (8-minute drive).
- Taxis & Auto-rickshaws: Very few taxis along the main road, so one is best arranged through reception. Otherwise, Uber and Ola are very common. For most trips around the city, auto-rickshaws are good enough, but drivers won’t use meters, so bargain hard.
ITC Gardenia, Bengaluru – What’s Nearby?
Restaurants & Bars
- Kudla Restaurant – On the other side of the junction from the hotel gates. Traditional meals focusing on seafood, and family-friendly. 1-minute walk (100m).
- Parika Multicuisine Restaurant +91 99001 09637 – In the same building as Kudla. Old-style Indian restaurant with attentive service and long menu. 2-minute walk (100m).
- Ibis Hotel – This smaller hotel virtually over the road offers: Spice It (lunch and dinner buffets, and affordable a la carte all day) and The Hub (colorful bar/lounge attached to the restaurant). 2-minute walk (150m).
- New Udupi Upahar +91 99451 78288 – Hugely popular cafeteria, with no-fuss furniture and tasty Indian food at very low prices. At Richmond Circle, about 400m from the ITC. 6-minute walk (400m).
- Mahesh Lunch Home – Intimate and well-priced, it focuses on seafood, but other meals are also available. Just before The Chancery Pavilion hotel. 7-minute walk (500m).
- The Good Grain – Just behind Mahesh. For all sorts of healthy food and drinks, mostly with organic ingredients. 7-minute walk (500m).
- The Chancery Pavilion – Worth the 500m walk via Richmond Circle, this classy hotel offers: ITHACA (likable café with all-day dining), Alchemy (fantastic bistro/bar on the rooftop), and Amnesia (fashionable bar/lounge with hip DJs). 7-minute walk.
- A few interesting shops along the main road. Plenty more (for Indian locals, not foreign tourists) within the village-like residential area just behind the Ibis hotel, which is virtually opposite the ITC. Alternately, the huge and impressive UB City mall is packed with boutiques and bistros. Head north up Vittal Mallya Road for about 800m. 10-minute walk.
ITC Gardenia, Bengaluru – The Hotel
All Bengaluru Hotel Reviews
- The Best Hotels in Agra
- Where to Stay in Agra
- The Best Hotels in Chennai
- Where to Stay in Chennai
- The Best Hotels in Delhi
- Where to Stay in Delhi
- The Best Hotels in Goa
- The Best Family Hotels in Goa
- Where to Stay in Goa
- The Best Hotels in Jaipur
- Where to Stay in Jaipur
- The Best Hotels in Jodhpur
- Where to Stay in Jodhpur
- The Best Hotels in Kolkata
- Where to Stay in Kolkata
- The Best Hotels in Mumbai
- Where to Stay in Mumbai