Gaia is a laid back and charming beachfront winery, located directly on the water between Kamari and Monolithos. Housed in a former tomato processing factory, Gaia produces Assyrtiko-based wines, vinsanto, and small quantities of sweet Assyrtiko vinegar. Open seasonally for tours and tastings from May to October: 30-45 minutes and 4 wines (€8/person), or 8 wines and 45-60 minutes (€15/person). Reservations are recommended for tours and tastings, but drop-ins are welcomed and accommodated. There is no proper restaurant on site, but meat and cheese platters are available to enjoy with tastings, and dinner can be prepared and served at the winery with 2-3 days advance request. There are also restaurants in nearby Kamari – a 20-minute walk or easy bus ride away. Plenty of parking is available on site. Gaia Wines is located behind the Santorini Airport, directly on the Fira-Kamari bus route, with a stop just next door. (If taking the bus, ask the driver to let you off at Gaia Wines as you board.) This is one of two wineries that Gaia Wines owns in Greece; the second is in Nemea in the Peloponnese.
Gaia Wines Santorini Hours and Information
- Season: May to October
- Hours: 11am to 7pm
- Website: www.gaiawines.gr
- Location: Exo Gonia, Santorini
- Telephone: +30 2286 034186
- Restaurant: No real restaurant, but cold meat and cheese platters are available. Dinner is also available, but you have to request and book this option 2-3 days in advance. Additional restaurants are available in nearby Kamari, about a 20-minute walk away.
- View: Water (not caldera) views.
- Tours & Tastings: 4 wines; €8 per person for 30-45 minutes. 8 wines; €15 per person for 45-60 minutes. Reservations are recommended but drop-ins are welcomed and accommodated.
- Parking: Ample parking is available on site.
- Bus: Gaia Wines is right on the Fira-Kamari bus line, with a bus stop just nextdoor, a 5-minute walk from the winery.
Gaia Wines Santorini
- Best Santorini Winery Tours: Santorini Small Group Wine Tour • Santorini Private Wine Tour • Santorini Sunset Wine Tour
- Artemis Karamolegos Winery – Exo Gonia, Santorini
- Art Space Winery – Exo Gonia, Santorini
- Boutari Winery – Megalochori, Santorini
- Canava Roussos – Mesa Gonia, Santorini
- Canava Antonis Arvanitis – Megalochori, Santorini
- Domaine Sigalas – Oia, Santorini
- Estate Argyros Winery – Episkopi Gonia, Santorini
- Gavalas Winery – Megalochori, Santorini
- Hatzidakis Winery – Pyrgos, Santorini
- Santo Wines – Pyrgos, Santorini
- Venetsanos Winery – Megalochori, Santorini
- Best Hotels in Santorini
- Best Santorini Wine Tours
- Best Santorini Tours and Things To Do
- Best Santorini Private Tours
- Best Santorini Boat Tours
- Santorini Travel Guide
- Athens Best Hotels
- Corfu Best Hotels
- Crete Best Hotels
- Folegandros Best Hotels
- Ios Best Hotels
- Kefalonia Best Hotels
- Kos Best Hotels
- Milos Best Hotels
- Mykonos Best Hotels
- Naxos Best Hotels
- Paros Best Hotels
- Rhodes Best Hotels
- Serifos Best Hotels
- Sifnos Best Hotels
- Skiathos Best Hotels
- Skopelos Best Hotels