Greece › Santorini › Boutari Winery
by Santorini Dave • Updated: September 16, 2021
A pioneer in winemaking, Boutari is Greece’s most historical wine company, dating back to 1879. In the early 1980s, Boutari brought its experience and innovative winemaking strategies to Santorini and in 1990 was the first winery in Greece to open its doors to the public for organized wine tasting and tours. The indigenous grape in Santorini is Assyrtiko, which Boutari uses on its own or in combination with Athiri and Aidani grapes. In addition to Santorini, Boutari has winery locations in Naoussa, Goumenissa, Mantinia, Attica, and Crete.
Boutari Winery Santorini Hours and Information
- Season: Open year round.
- Hours: 10am to 7pm April to October, 10am to 3pm November to March.
- Website: www.boutariwinerysantorini.gr
- Location: Megalochori 847 00
- Telephone: +30 22860 81011
- Restaurant: On-site indoor restaurant offers 5 traditional plates using local ingredients.
- View: View of Akrotiri.
- Tours: Daily wine tours available. Drop-ins welcome but reservations are recommended. You can book online or by calling. Various tours are available ranging from 5-8 wines, with and without food pairing, that range from €15 for 45 minutes to €85 for 90 minutes.
- Parking: Plenty of on-site parking available.
- Bus: Boutari Winery is a short walk from the Megalochori bus stop on the Fira-Akrotiri bus line.
Boutari Winery Santorini
- Best Santorini Winery Tours: Santorini Small Group Wine Tour • Santorini Private Wine Tour • Santorini Sunset Wine Tour
- Artemis Karamolegos Winery – Exo Gonia, Santorini
- Art Space Winery – Exo Gonia, Santorini
- Boutari Winery – Megalochori, Santorini
- Canava Roussos – Episkopi Gonia, Santorini
- Canava Antonis Arvanitis – Megalochori, Santorini
- Domaine Sigalas – Oia, Santorini
- Estate Argyros Winery – Episkopi Gonia, Santorini
- Gaia Wines – Perivolia, Santorini
- Gavalas Winery – Megalochori, Santorini
- Hatzidakis Winery – Pyrgos, Santorini
- Koutsoyannopoulos Wine Museum – Vothonas, Santorini
- Santo Wines – Pyrgos, Santorini
- Vassaltis Vineyards – Vourvoulos, Santorini
- Venetsanos Winery – Megalochori, Santorini
- Best Hotels in Santorini
- Best Santorini Wine Tours
- Best Santorini Tours and Things To Do
- Best Santorini Private Tours
- Best Santorini Boat Tours
- Santorini Travel Guide
- Athens Best Hotels
- Corfu Best Hotels
- Crete Best Hotels
- Folegandros Best Hotels
- Ios Best Hotels
- Kefalonia Best Hotels
- Kos Best Hotels
- Milos Best Hotels
- Mykonos Best Hotels
- Naxos Best Hotels
- Paros Best Hotels
- Rhodes Best Hotels
- Serifos Best Hotels
- Sifnos Best Hotels
- Skiathos Best Hotels
- Skopelos Best Hotels
Get All New Content• My Travel Newsletter