Greece › Santorini › Canava Roussos Winery
by Santorini Dave • Updated: January 12, 2021
Canava Roussos is a traditional, charming, and laid-back winery – and also the oldest in Santorini, founded in 1836. Open seasonally from May to October, they offer wines for tasting at €3 per sample or €6 per glass. Their beautiful, garden-like outdoor tasting area is well-shaded, and there are a handful of indoor tables in case of rain. Tours are unstructured and friendly, cold meat and cheese platters are available to complement tastings, and there are even a few games for the kids to play while adults imbibe. Their outdoor amphitheater periodically hosts theater productions and musical performances. Parking is available on site, and Canava Roussos is easily accessible by bus on the Fira-Kamari route.
Canava Roussos Winery Santorini Hours and Information
- Season: Open May to October
- Hours: 11am-7pm daily. Reservations are generally not needed for parties of up to 5 people, but are recommended for larger groups.
- Website: www.canavaroussos.gr
- Location: Episkopi Gonia, Santorini
- Telephone: +30 2286 031278
- Restaurant: No restaurant.
- View: No caldera view.
- Tours & Tastings: 4 wines (assyrtiko) are offered for tasting: €3 per sample or €6 per glass. Tours are not structured, so time varies depending on the group.
- Parking: Parking is available.
- Bus: Easily accessible by bus on the Fira-Kamari route. Ask the driver to stop at Santorini Brewing Company in Episkopi Gonia, the winery is a 2-minute walk from the bus stop out in front.
Canava Roussos Winery Santorini
- Best Santorini Winery Tours: Santorini Small Group Wine Tour • Santorini Private Wine Tour • Santorini Sunset Wine Tour
- Artemis Karamolegos Winery – Exo Gonia, Santorini
- Art Space Winery – Exo Gonia, Santorini
- Boutari Winery – Megalochori, Santorini
- Canava Roussos – Episkopi Gonia, Santorini
- Canava Antonis Arvanitis – Megalochori, Santorini
- Domaine Sigalas – Oia, Santorini
- Estate Argyros Winery – Episkopi Gonia, Santorini
- Gaia Wines – Perivolia, Santorini
- Gavalas Winery – Megalochori, Santorini
- Hatzidakis Winery – Pyrgos, Santorini
- Koutsoyannopoulos Wine Museum – Vothonas, Santorini
- Santo Wines – Pyrgos, Santorini
- Vassaltis Vineyards – Vourvoulos, Santorini
- Venetsanos Winery – Megalochori, Santorini
- Best Hotels in Santorini
- Best Santorini Wine Tours
- Best Santorini Tours and Things To Do
- Best Santorini Private Tours
- Best Santorini Boat Tours
- Santorini Travel Guide
- Athens Best Hotels
- Corfu Best Hotels
- Crete Best Hotels
- Folegandros Best Hotels
- Ios Best Hotels
- Kefalonia Best Hotels
- Kos Best Hotels
- Milos Best Hotels
- Mykonos Best Hotels
- Naxos Best Hotels
- Paros Best Hotels
- Rhodes Best Hotels
- Serifos Best Hotels
- Sifnos Best Hotels
- Skiathos Best Hotels
- Skopelos Best Hotels
Get All New Content• My Travel Newsletter